Forums > Kitesurfing General

2011 Wave Kitesurfing Nationals

Created by J inthe bool > 9 months ago, 15 Nov 2010
magilla
VIC, 60 posts
3 Dec 2010 4:45PM
Thumbs Up

BaHAHA. Nice one puppet. Spot on though.

Now for anyone interested we have secured a full caravan park on the beach for anyone attending the nationals at 10% off normal rates. The park managers are opening it up just for us. It is on the beach and opossite a very large playground. It is about a 5 min walk to the centre of town and right next to sat night entertainment and sun entertainment.

Surfside Holiday Park (03)5559 4700
www.surfsidepark.com.au

When booking just mention the nationals to get the discount.
The park is called shipwreck bay or surfside 2 to the locals.
Limited cabins are available at surfside 1.
Both parks are close to each other on pertobe rd Warrnambool.

Anyway talk soon

puppetonastring
WA, 3619 posts
4 Dec 2010 9:15AM
Thumbs Up

magilla said...
It is about a 5 min walk to the centre of town

At a brisk pace maybe. For most kiters Id say a 10 minute minimum.
Its uphill all the way there.
And you'll be too p1ssed to do it in a straight line by the time ur coming home.

J inthe bool
VIC, 105 posts
16 Dec 2010 2:15PM
Thumbs Up

Ohh man... this topic was five pages back... i dont think i have ever gone back that far before.... haha

Right.

Rego Form is up on the Website....

www.kitesurfingnationals.com

First in best dressed for championship competitors....

Free ride events are FREE with a Merimbula style prize table:- everyone from
newbee's progessing well over the few days,
free style junkies,
cruzzzzers &
deadset legends all have a chance of taking something home.

There is an optional suporters pack that will get you a few extras as well.

We have lots of fun activites organised and in the pipeline... obviously the Private Music Festival is the big one.. but also a few more exciting plans... you won't be bored if the wind takes an hour or two to come in..!

Cheers

J inthe bool
VIC, 105 posts
20 Dec 2010 1:49PM
Thumbs Up

great to see the entries flowing in girls & guys....

but dont forget to tell your mates as each division is capped... so first in...

And please dont forget your AKSA ##

Cheers

Surfrod66
NSW, 665 posts
20 Dec 2010 7:31PM
Thumbs Up

Whats the age for masters?

kitegirl21
NSW, 439 posts
20 Dec 2010 10:02PM
Thumbs Up

J inthe bool said...

great to see the entries flowing in girls & guys....

but dont forget to tell your mates as each division is capped... so first in...

And please dont forget your AKSA ##

Cheers

Hey, will there b a confirmation email going out after we hav paid entry fee re: first in best dressed policy
thnx

J inthe bool
VIC, 105 posts
21 Dec 2010 1:13PM
Thumbs Up

No worries Kitegirl21

Mark should have emailed you by know, but i have completed ur form due to your pc probs.

Cheers

kitegirl21
NSW, 439 posts
21 Dec 2010 1:48PM
Thumbs Up

thanks bool, got the email, jumped on a friends non-apple computer and have transfered $ into the account. cheers

jackgearo
NSW, 331 posts
22 Dec 2010 12:18AM
Thumbs Up

what the ****? i have probably got something wrong here cause i havent read all the posts but it is the nationals and it works on a "first in best dressed" system?

J inthe bool
VIC, 105 posts
22 Dec 2010 11:53AM
Thumbs Up

Hey Jack,

Yeah the event is Nationals...
We are trying to give Joe Kiter's around Aus heaps of spots compared to the traditional State allocations that make up allot of the field... letting you guys get first dibs on spots...
There has been allot of interest in the event which is great and with it only 6 weeks away, most people will have decided on whether they are making the trip.

www.kitesurfingnationals.com

Let me know if you are expecting something different and we will try and accommodate you.

Cheers

loco4olas
NSW, 1515 posts
22 Dec 2010 2:01PM
Thumbs Up

Am I allowed to wear my straps?

J inthe bool
VIC, 105 posts
22 Dec 2010 4:26PM
Thumbs Up

Provided thats not all your wearing........!

Ride an inflatable Pony for all I care... as long as you rip it up on that badboy....!
I’m sure the judging panel will score appropriately.

magilla
VIC, 60 posts
30 Dec 2010 1:21PM
Thumbs Up

Ok the regristrations are coming in nicely and the planning is going well. We have already allocated a prize to the first person who entered and paid. Big congratulations to ....... (We will anounce that one one the Sat night).

Thanks to everyone who is keeping the buzz going, much appreciated.

Keep a ear on tripple j in the next coming weeks as their is likely to be some hype happening there.

Until next post stay cool and good winds. Hope you guys in qld start to dry out soon.

J inthe bool
VIC, 105 posts
4 Jan 2011 1:21PM
Thumbs Up

4 weeks to go.....

magilla
VIC, 60 posts
5 Jan 2011 3:11PM
Thumbs Up

Been checking the swell and banks at the comp site a lot recently. Looking good. A nice left right peak straight out front.

just wondering if anyone who is coming to the nationals from out of warrnambool can decipher the next statement for a small prize. It refers to different places in warrnambool and boolisms.

"my grandmother's dirty angel told me that the mahogany bunuip used to eat flumin nibble pies on top of the ball with three red chopsticks. It totaly wrecked him unlike his peackock mate who loved to run the flag up the staff on the hill to see jesus at a local watering hole. This all used to point out the thunder to levy whilst he was cutting a beachy. The only one going the right way though was Wilma and she could not decide what gallery to visit to have a whale of a time."

Good luck with this.

doonas_r_cool
132 posts
6 Jan 2011 12:43AM
Thumbs Up

Ur riddle did my head in!!!!!

Anyhow, just wondering how many people were coming to Melb's from interstate for this (epic) event?

Just wondering if it's worth while organizing a bus? Many people keen?
Surely it'd be cheaper than 50 people all renting a car for the week, just to have it sit there for most of the time? I dunno, just throwing it out there....

Cheers

magilla
VIC, 60 posts
6 Jan 2011 10:53AM
Thumbs Up

I dont know if we could organize a bus. Could be possible but cost would wreck us I think. Jason has organised cheap v-line train travel for all kiters coming to the bool (I think 50% off). There are shuttle buses from Tulla that run every half hour to southern cross station and a train to Warrnambool 3 times a day. Once in Warrnambool most accom and pubs are all within walking distance BUT we will have a shuttle bus on the go to get people to and from comp site.

I hope this helps eleviate stress of travel and I don't think hireing a car is necessary.

Glad my riddle messed with your delirium. Still nobody had a crack at getting some places or boolisms. Here is one for ya The Flume (it is one of the sites for the nationals) that is in the ridddle.

J inthe bool
VIC, 105 posts
6 Jan 2011 2:02PM
Thumbs Up

Don't worry folks.. im from the bool and that riddle does my head in too.....

I have looked at the bus option a few times from the City to the Bool.... but it's hard to justify against the rental car market and the Train.

The VLine Train option should work out to be $26 from the City (Southern Cross Station) to the Bool.. including your Return.... (which is great value considering its a 3hr train ride each way).
I will keep you posted and will try and have the booking No/discount reference in the next few days.

Cheers

J inthe bool
VIC, 105 posts
6 Jan 2011 2:37PM
Thumbs Up

The event will be held at either of these three spots and we generaly get SE at this time of the year.. See Seabreeze Graphs/west coast/ Portland is an hour down the road. (Looking nice from Sunday)

Surf report from
http://www.surfswell.com.au/content/view/63/70/

Surf spot around Warrnambool area
Spot The Flume.

Wind Northerly is best but can handle Northwesterly and Northeasterly.

Swell 2-3ft is best start to close out when gets much bigger.

Tide All tides are ok.
Location At the of Foster street.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spot Granies
Wind Northerly to slight Northeastery
Swell Best around 4 ft+
Tide All tifes are ok but can get think with a high tide.

East of The kelp patch near the Flume. Picks up a Slightly bigger swell than the flume and the swell gets bigger further towards the point (Hopkins river mouth). Depends on Banks, which are fairly fickle, can hold up to 6'+ swell out the back but is prone to closeouts. Ideal wind is north east. Tide is not critical. There can be a heavy shore break with significant back wash associated with the steep beach.

Access: very rough vehicle ( may not be accessible) on flume car park road left immediately after to railway crossing. Alternately , walk from flume car park along beach or walking track or park in Hickford parade near Patricia St and walk down walking track - both about 700 metres

Typed by : Dylan Coulson

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spot Logans Beach (Japs)

Wind Northerly ok with a slight Northwesterly or a Northeastery

Swell 2-4ft is best but can handle bigger also can get very heavy

Tide
Location At theed of Hopkins beach road.

kiterwife20
VIC, 3 posts
6 Jan 2011 9:36PM
Thumbs Up

Im really looking forward to Nationals.. Ur riddle cracked me up..

Dirty Angel = Statue in main street
Mahogney Bunyip = Shipwreck???????
Flumin = The Flume Beach
Nibble Pies = Party Pies
Ball with 3 Red Chopsticks = Fletcher Jones/watertower
Peacock Mate = Million Dollar Peacock Statue
Flag up the Staff on the Hill = Flagstaff Hill Maritime Village
Jesus at Watering Hole = Seanachi Pub
Point out the Thunder = Thunder Point Carpark
Levy = Levy's Point
Cut a Beachy = Bogan's driving around town
Wilma = Wilma the Whale
Gallery to visit = The Gallery Nightclub
Whale of a time = Whalers Pub

Is that alright??? Did I decifer it????

doonas_r_cool
132 posts
6 Jan 2011 11:24PM
Thumbs Up

Train sounds solid

Cheers for checking it out, keep us posted on the discount deal with V'line... are they
as tight as jetstar with baggage??? Three kites, two boards, harness, pump, clothes,
wetties, coffin bag... etc etc.... adds up!!!

Looking forward to it!!!
yeeeeewwwwwwwww!!!!!!!

J inthe bool
VIC, 105 posts
7 Jan 2011 1:43PM
Thumbs Up

Vline deal is $26 return from SCS to WBL which is 50% off... they are holding around 40 seats on each train but will put on an extra carriage to cater for bodies and an extral carriage for gear.... should we need it...

But....

To get the discount it has to be booked in blocks of 6 or 12 as its still a reservered seating train.. which will work ok... just means you folks out there should let us know if you want your name on that list...

Also keep in mind there could be a large number of people utalising this mode of transport coming out of the city just to see the Bands & DJ's over the weekend.

Cheers

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"2011 Wave Kitesurfing Nationals" started by J inthe bool