Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

2011 Liquid Force Gear

Created by SurfConnect > 9 months ago, 17 Apr 2010
SurfConnect
QLD, 1674 posts
17 Apr 2010 8:58AM
Thumbs Up

2011 kiteboards look awesome and they will be here in Australia July/August. 2011 kite samples are ready to ship in May. Not allowed to tell more as yet but it only gets better!

Charl dv
WA, 2485 posts
17 Apr 2010 2:59PM
Thumbs Up

padi i need to see this stuff.. pm me some details il keep it top secret

Flyer
QLD, 48 posts
21 Apr 2010 12:15AM
Thumbs Up

2011 will be a year off on time delivery

Kite samples in May
Board samples in June
Product in July/August

wishy
WA, 1501 posts
21 Apr 2010 12:24PM
Thumbs Up

I tried a liquid force kite the other day. It had the glide ratio of a particularly unaerodynamic brick and it was as ugly as a mud fence.

Mattress
NSW, 120 posts
21 Apr 2010 8:00PM
Thumbs Up

Is it just me or is the info/hype about the next years gear coming out earlier and earlier each year? Honestly, I'm happy to wait till July/August. Otherwise, we are all in for 4-6 months of SPECULATION about what new gear is better than the rest etc.

SurfConnect
QLD, 1674 posts
21 Apr 2010 9:13PM
Thumbs Up

A lot of brands release their new range when the new season starts, if not before. For major markets such as the US & Europe, new season starts in July. So it is not unusual to have samples at dealers in May for testing, with main stock arriving July/August.

Australia often gets left behind as our season starts later, and also because our market is much smaller. Same happens in the sports industry such as tennis, squash and badminton, often we get models like half a year later than the rest of the world. Same happens in the music industry tho movies we seem to be catching up on the big ones. I think it is a good thing we are getting gear earlier and earlier. It's one thing not having good wind in the winter, another to want to own your new toys at the earliest possible time.

jas73
QLD, 796 posts
21 Apr 2010 9:23PM
Thumbs Up

wishy said...

I tried a liquid force kite the other day. It had the glide ratio of a particularly unaerodynamic brick and it was as ugly as a mud fence.

SurfConnect
QLD, 1674 posts
21 Apr 2010 9:35PM
Thumbs Up

Confucius say... People who call other people ugly are usually insecure about their own looks and want to make other people feel bad because that makes those people insecure ...

People who call other kites ugly are usually insecure about the looks of their own kites and want to make other people feel bad because that makes those people insecure ... as dictated by jas73

wishy said...

Charl dv
WA, 2485 posts
21 Apr 2010 8:52PM
Thumbs Up

yer gotta love those flying bricks..

wishy
WA, 1501 posts
21 Apr 2010 10:12PM
Thumbs Up

SurfConnect said...

Confucius say... People who call other people ugly are usually insecure about their own looks and want to make other people feel bad because that makes those people insecure ...

People who call other kites ugly are usually insecure about the looks of their own kites and want to make other people feel bad because that makes those people insecure ... as dictated by jas73

wishy said...

Probably true, my kite is probably one of the plainest most boring i've seen. Luckily the boost I get out of it has me grinning like a dog eating peanut butter out of a wire brush.

Charl dv
WA, 2485 posts
22 Apr 2010 12:49AM
Thumbs Up

^^ that sounds like no fun

ps what did u ride and what are u on just out of curiosity

Saffer
VIC, 4501 posts
22 Apr 2010 12:49PM
Thumbs Up

I think the above reaction often stems from people who don't know what they want in a kite.

I.e. if you want a wakestyle kite that unhooks well, then chances are, it has to be more c shaped and it will glide like a c shaped brick. If you want something that jumps well, get a kite with a flatter profile and gain the advantages and suffer the disadvantages of that style of kite.

I tried the 2010 havoc and its a great kite, turns fast, feels good on the bar, but its not a jumping kite and I think people need to realise that.

There are very few kites that will excel in all areas. They may be average in all areas, or excel in one or two, but its a bit like buying a car and expecting it to be a sports car, 4x4, station wagon, ute and motorbike all in one. (and no, the porsche cayenne does not bridge all of that no matter how much engine you put in it!)

rusty7
QLD, 504 posts
22 Apr 2010 7:02PM
Thumbs Up

does that mean 2012 gear is" just about" here and 2013 gear is" coming "

Flyer
QLD, 48 posts
22 Apr 2010 10:17PM
Thumbs Up

The good news is that we will have all the 2011 product in the country at the START of summer (Aug/Sep) just when it starts to warm up in some parts... I think that is good news. Australia does in fact get the 2011 product pretty much before anyone else in the world....I think we should all enjoy that opportunity

Charl dv
WA, 2485 posts
22 Apr 2010 9:14PM
Thumbs Up

yer we generally get most brands pretty early, slingy, naish, north they all drop in september at least.. or would u rather wait till mid season to buy new goods?

Charl dv
WA, 2485 posts
22 Apr 2010 9:15PM
Thumbs Up

oh here is a good idea, how about a new years release party... we can get together on NYE and party together and like fully touch ourselves and then on NYE we get to see all the new stuff and it can be like thuper

Flyer
QLD, 48 posts
8 Jun 2010 11:29PM
Thumbs Up

2011 stuff is looking good. We have 2011 Havoc samples, boots, harness and vests so far. Will be getting them out and about in a few days. 2011 Envy's due next week....samples that is..

Charl dv
WA, 2485 posts
9 Jun 2010 1:19AM
Thumbs Up

whens the 2011 hifi dropping?

insener
4 posts
9 Jun 2010 4:12AM
Thumbs Up

Pictures? Post at least boot picture. Does new Ptex board based on DLX or Influence?

SurfConnect
QLD, 1674 posts
9 Jun 2010 4:08PM
Thumbs Up

No pics allowed soz. New bindings too they just arrived! Cant wait to get to Egypt in a few weeks to meet everyone in the team!

insener said...

Pictures? Post at least boot picture. Does new Ptex board based on DLX or Influence?

jas73
QLD, 796 posts
9 Jun 2010 9:30PM
Thumbs Up

Well Paddy cake i think Confucius would say this is a gear review forum, not a place for you to dribble on about up and coming products that no one is is going to see for a few months yet. Everyone knows new gear will be out at the end of the year and im sure most normal people can wait for that day to come around once again. As for my choice of kite, I have no insecurities as i like riding Slingshot as im sure many others do. To add to that i like flying some Liquid force kites more than others, Everyone has a right to there opinion.

Charl dv
WA, 2485 posts
9 Jun 2010 7:34PM
Thumbs Up

let me demo new boots.

SurfConnect
QLD, 1674 posts
15 Jun 2010 10:57AM
Thumbs Up

Tested the 2011 Havoc today, bridle system seem to have set a bit further back, creating a bit more grunt and stability comparing to 2010 model. Very nice steering, kite flies extremely smooth and comfy to fly. Just pure fun and joy - not sure if it was the overwhelming feeling as the first to fly the 2011 kite Graphics has also been spiked up too, awesome LF logo. Overall, smooth riding, excellent power and speed. Was testing the 10m in about 12-16kts today. Outwin all other kites with ease.

dusta
WA, 2940 posts
15 Jun 2010 9:44AM
Thumbs Up

still waiting for a gear review seeing as this is a gear review sub forum and all .

sckitesurf
QLD, 191 posts
15 Jun 2010 2:19PM
Thumbs Up

New LF bar

dusta
WA, 2940 posts
15 Jun 2010 2:56PM
Thumbs Up

do qld'ers not understand what the word review means ?

jas73
QLD, 796 posts
15 Jun 2010 5:12PM
Thumbs Up

It depends on who your talking too. Some think this is a pimp fest where only a handfull give a s**t.

Mattress
NSW, 120 posts
15 Jun 2010 7:53PM
Thumbs Up

Is that one of those new holographic wrist bands he is wearing in the photo?

Maybe it wasn't the new 2011 kite that was great but his own improved physical fitness, agility, stamina and coordination due to the bracelet...

Do the 2011 kites come with the bracelet? If not I'm keeping my 2010 gear.

Flyer
QLD, 48 posts
16 Jun 2010 6:37PM
Thumbs Up

Envy and Hi Fi 2011 samples tomorrow or Monday next week for those dealers that wish to try give ML Watersports a call.....2011 Kaos board samples came today and DLX also, as with Comp Vests and harness. More board samples due next week!!

Flyer
QLD, 48 posts
16 Jun 2010 6:39PM
Thumbs Up

ptex is on the DLX

Charl dv
WA, 2485 posts
16 Jun 2010 4:55PM
Thumbs Up

is that DLX the same as the one I had this year? or is that the refined one?

i want hifi sample send it to me.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2011 Liquid Force Gear" started by SurfConnect