Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Is it too early 2013 Gear ;)

Created by Addikt > 9 months ago, 29 May 2012
mywisdom
WA, 258 posts
11 Jul 2012 5:21PM
Thumbs Up

Addikt said...

Boardcrazy, can you please describe the differences for those of us who cant get to Port Maquarie this Saturday

Can you post some pics of the new bars too......

Look up

COL
NSW, 551 posts
11 Jul 2012 9:16PM
Thumbs Up

That's funny! Everybody, head up to Port Macquarie this Saturday & check out the new Slingshot gear.

orynoco
QLD, 271 posts
11 Jul 2012 10:07PM
Thumbs Up

Holy bat shyte, that rebel is the worst looking kite i have ever seen.

I'm guessing North wont be around next year, economic world wide downturns and a crap looking product, what are North thinking about??

Looks like no new kite for me this season.

BoardCrazy
NSW, 74 posts
Site Sponsor
12 Jul 2012 11:43AM
Thumbs Up

Addikt said...

Boardcrazy, can you please describe the differences for those of us who cant get to Port Maquarie this Saturday

Can you post some pics of the new bars too......

Hi Guys I said Lake Macquarie (Near Newcastle) not Port Mac so please head up to the Lake (Lake Macquarie) Squids or the Co-op in Swansea depending on wind direction

The new Bar - Sorry you will have to wait for the 15th of July or come and see them at the ride day

JY77
QLD, 83 posts
12 Jul 2012 1:55PM
Thumbs Up

The blue and the grey colours on the Rebel look quite good in the air with the yellow protction strips. Not keen on the orange though.

mywisdom
WA, 258 posts
13 Jul 2012 7:25PM
Thumbs Up

new north bar?? i think they are showing off the line adjustment knots hidden in the bar now as aposed to under the floats? looks flexi/hadlow style. i like it id def buy it!

PRAWNDOG
WA, 306 posts
13 Jul 2012 9:06PM
Thumbs Up

Looks heaps more solid than the 2012 bar. I wil be upgrading, will make sure the dog doesn't get his hand on this bar (no wisdom)

COL
NSW, 551 posts
14 Jul 2012 7:38PM
Thumbs Up

Damn! Damn! For all us misguided souls that mistakenly went up to Port Mac today to check out the new Rallys. What is the good guts? What's new? Are they much improved/different? I know it was light but you must have learnt something! Anything! Ric, you would have been there. What happened?
Col

COL
NSW, 551 posts
14 Jul 2012 8:26PM
Thumbs Up

mywisdom said...

new north bar?? i think they are showing off the line adjustment knots hidden in the bar now as aposed to under the floats? looks flexi/hadlow style. i like it id def buy it!

The bangle, knee brace AND boots. Some fashion statement. I like it.

Addikt
WA, 551 posts
20 Jul 2012 5:10PM
Thumbs Up

Cab bars look like a big caveman stick......

Addikt
WA, 551 posts
20 Jul 2012 5:27PM
Thumbs Up

So has any tested the new Chaos yet, I have always been scared of Cabs thanks to seabreeze and all the posts regarding trees, I quiet like the shape and mini bridle idea....

Anyone....no tree huggers respond please... ;)

Troyrotor
QLD, 318 posts
20 Jul 2012 8:05PM
Thumbs Up

Sure have, i Flew the 13. I found it quite slow and heavy, bar pressure was heavy and made it feel like you were powered but not going anywhere. I had more power on my switchblade 11m and could go in lighter winds. They seem to have made a c shaped kite feel just like a normal cabrinha kite.

Oh and today someone else demoed it and it ended up in a tree over at stradbroke island. Came but untorn luckily.

Addikt
WA, 551 posts
21 Jul 2012 9:53AM
Thumbs Up

Nooooice Best GP....Pity about the tangle dangle above the bar for the trim system a nice clean clam would finish it off....;)

KSSALTONA
VIC, 207 posts
21 Jul 2012 1:31PM
Thumbs Up

Addikt said...

So has any tested the new Chaos yet, I have always been scared of Cabs thanks to seabreeze and all the posts regarding trees, I quiet like the shape and mini bridle idea....

Anyone....no tree huggers respond please... ;)

Tested the 11m Chaos, didnt have light or heavy bar pressure it was just enough to feel where the kite is. I tested it in cross shore gusty winds and the kite handled really well.
I will post more info when i get some more time on them.

Taurus
VIC, 189 posts
21 Jul 2012 3:16PM
Thumbs Up

Any photos of 2013 North boards?

orynoco
QLD, 271 posts
21 Jul 2012 6:53PM
Thumbs Up

^^ I called into my local shop and had a look at the 2013 North boards and kites in their cataloge. The boards look great, not to sure about the kites.

Taurus
VIC, 189 posts
22 Jul 2012 1:53PM
Thumbs Up

I heard the north surfboards are now solid colours and not woodgrain...

Addikt
WA, 551 posts
23 Jul 2012 7:45PM
Thumbs Up

I like the bar ends better than last years.....

Taurus
VIC, 189 posts
24 Jul 2012 5:39PM
Thumbs Up

Still no PVC tubing around the trip rope and they have gone back to the clear iron heart QR...whats the logic?

Hobie1463
SA, 449 posts
24 Jul 2012 7:07PM
Thumbs Up

Blade Trigger 2013 Proto.

Hobie1463
SA, 449 posts
24 Jul 2012 7:09PM
Thumbs Up

Blade Prime 2013

Adrenalin Rush
QLD, 876 posts
24 Jul 2012 10:25PM
Thumbs Up

More pics from the weekend of the Best CABO

Addikt
WA, 551 posts
24 Jul 2012 8:33PM
Thumbs Up

Nice looking kite no pulleys ?

bennie
ACT, 1258 posts
25 Jul 2012 12:03AM
Thumbs Up

Addikt said...

has to be one of the nicest bars on the market

chris313
41 posts
24 Jul 2012 10:25PM
Thumbs Up

bennie said...

Addikt said...

has to be one of the nicest bars on the market

WHy a so small chicken-loop ?

Adrenalin Rush
QLD, 876 posts
25 Jul 2012 2:01PM
Thumbs Up

Addikt said...

Nice looking kite no pulleys ?

Yeh no pulleys. There were no pulleys last year either. There is a guide on either side but no actual pulley.

matt camo
QLD, 95 posts
25 Jul 2012 8:00PM
Thumbs Up

Taurus said...

Still no PVC tubing around the trip rope and they have gone back to the clear iron heart QR...whats the logic?

yes no pipe but they have a part now in the middle of the bar that is softer then the old bar just like the best kites

Adrenalin Rush
QLD, 876 posts
25 Jul 2012 10:53PM
Thumbs Up

Both Best and North are using a replacement centre hole on the bar to protect the wear of the centre line. The reason they don't go to the black plastic tube is a bare centre line has a much smoother slide then the black tube. I think the replacement centre hole is a great step forward.

I haven't had to replace a centre line on a 2012 Best bar yet this year. 2011 on the other hand you had to replace every 3 months on both Best and North.

eppo
WA, 9505 posts
25 Jul 2012 9:28PM
Thumbs Up

Yeh north bat does look sweet. Why need a big chicken loop, smaller the Better I reckon. Of normal power line is smoother than PVC tubing, now that is disagree with having used the 2012 bar now on a brand that has PVC tubing. No center wear will be great. I agree had 2011 terrible wear 2012 no probs.

Is it me or does the cabo shape look very rebelish.

easto
116 posts
25 Jul 2012 10:09PM
Thumbs Up

No 5th line Eppo but i'm sure it will fly better than the Rebel...it should be on the way down here soon so will let you know how it unhooks in the waves. We have been waiting for this kite to be released for a long time as haven't been to keen on any surf specific kites as yet. Should have our new GP's soon too, if they are anything like last year the mrs will froth.
Don't make us wait too much longer Joe !

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Is it too early 2013 Gear ;)" started by Addikt