Forums > Kitesurfing   South Australia

Robe 2011 Wind/ Kite/ Sup Comp..

Created by MartynBone2 > 9 months ago, 12 Mar 2011
MartynBone2
SA, 159 posts
12 Mar 2011 2:23PM
Thumbs Up

The 2011 Onboard Robe Easter Classic is on again! Running over the Easter weekend from the 22nd to the25th April, we can promise a great weekend away with a combination of Wavesailing, Kitesurfing and SUPing. The event format is a simple 4 day expression session with an emphasis on waveriding and just having a good time. SUP waveriding heats and Downwind race planned. Also a social paddle for the ladies on Sunday morn, a wine ta...sting tour and a sports specific stretch sess to unwind.

Riders of all standards are encouraged to take part!! Sponsored by Onboard, Coopers, Redbull, Neilpryde, Cabrinha, Fanatic, North, Slingshot and the local guys at the Robe Bakery, Robe Butcher shop and the Robe Hotel! Apart from the riding, the traditional Friday Night Party at 3rd Ramp promises to be a big one with, Free Coopers and Redbull for all participants!!! Stewie is organizing a taxi to ferry crew from Robe to 3rd ramp on the night so call the store for further details!

Entry this year is $50.00, including a Coopers Showbag, Free Coopers and Redbull, BBQ lunch and the 2011 Robe Easter Classic Hoodie!!! Signing up is from the 10th of March. To ensure that you get your size and colour hoodie you want, I recommmend gettng into Onboard soon after that date. We also recommend booking your accommodation ASAP – Robe entirely books out for Easter!

MartynBone2
SA, 159 posts
12 Mar 2011 2:27PM
Thumbs Up

Get into Onboard Glenelg to sign for the 2011 Robe Easter Comp. So you can get your right size Hoodie..

Also get the girls to sign up for the Saturday wine tour... If you book in before the 8th April you get a comp hoodie as well..

So drop in and see us blokes and sign up

Hobie1463
SA, 449 posts
12 Mar 2011 6:35PM
Thumbs Up

Done and Done.

See ya there.

kitecroc
SA, 513 posts
17 Mar 2011 5:07PM
Thumbs Up

I don't know about the rest of you, but i'm frothing for this weekend . So if you havn't got yourself organised, get on it. This is going to be a massive weekend. Not only is this event an all weekend long expression session of kiting, there is surfing, 4x4ing, jet skies, sand boards and the legendary Friday night beach party plus more. If you havn't been before, get down there as this is the funnest event of the season

high as a kite
SA, 1312 posts
18 Mar 2011 1:08PM
Thumbs Up

I here that the locals will be charging $5 each time you drive onto long beach

kitecroc
SA, 513 posts
18 Mar 2011 1:42PM
Thumbs Up

high as a kite said...

I here that the locals will be charging $5 each time you drive onto long beach

I havnt heard about that one before.

jordy
SA, 451 posts
18 Mar 2011 3:24PM
Thumbs Up

Might be the last Easter Classic if that is the case!

Maybe Anthony could shed some light on this or are you just taking the piss HAAK?

loverboy
WA, 614 posts
18 Mar 2011 1:05PM
Thumbs Up

HAAK is semi taking the piss,

www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Windsurfing/South-Australia/5-bucks-to-go-on-Beach-at-Robe/

There is some talk of it here, personally I think it will cause more problems than do good...

action_ms69
SA, 242 posts
18 Mar 2011 9:12PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah i have heard it too... But whats $5, its less than a red cruiser or a beer..

Cant wait, easter is always an epic weekend, and this year there is one more day to recover before heading back to work. That equals more stewballs crazness..

high as a kite
SA, 1312 posts
18 Mar 2011 11:52PM
Thumbs Up

Me, take the piss, its not in my nature

To help pay for the weekend I bought a Robe football jumper today.
I reckon I'll set up at the start of the dirt road to 3rd ramp and charge $5. Might get enough for a couple of slabs[}:)]

If it makes things easier for you come and see me, I give you 5

high as a kite
SA, 1312 posts
19 Mar 2011 10:05PM
Thumbs Up

I here that the Long Beach $5 levy was hit on the head during the week.

Robe
SA, 150 posts
25 Mar 2011 1:43PM
Thumbs Up

Ah, yes and no, council are pushing for it, think we should be able to get around it, as I cant see them implimenting it before next month!

If it becomes too much of an issue, we can all ride at stonies beach, I've been hitting that heaps lately and due to current weather conditions, its been going off, clean wind, solid swell lines, water is still freezing but you get the picture!

If crew are looking for somewhere to throw a tent, Ive still got a heaps of space on a near vacant block, has power but thats it! feel free to pitch a tent on that if ya get stuck-

liquidchild
SA, 107 posts
26 Mar 2011 10:32AM
Thumbs Up

Would anyone know if there still are accommodations available?

Robe
SA, 150 posts
26 Mar 2011 6:21PM
Thumbs Up

Try:
Happy Shack on 08 874 34012 for house style accomodation
Robetown motor inn 08 876 821 85 for motel rooms
Lake View Motel 08 876 82 100

Robe Visitor Information centre will know of most vacancies 08 87682 465

Caravan Parks are Discovery Holiday Parks on 08 87682 237
Sea Vu Caravan Park on 08 87682 273
Lake side tourist park 08 8768 2193

then there is www.robe.com.au
and there are heaps others,
Melalucia Motel
Harbour View Motel
Haven Motel
Anns Place
Robe Waterfront properties
Robe Lifestyle properties
Robe Hotel
Guichen Bay motel

kitecroc
SA, 513 posts
26 Mar 2011 6:21PM
Thumbs Up

Robe said...

Ah, yes and no, council are pushing for it, think we should be able to get around it, as I cant see them implimenting it before next month!

If it becomes too much of an issue, we can all ride at stonies beach, I've been hitting that heaps lately and due to current weather conditions, its been going off, clean wind, solid swell lines, water is still freezing but you get the picture!

If crew are looking for somewhere to throw a tent, Ive still got a heaps of space on a near vacant block, has power but thats it! feel free to pitch a tent on that if ya get stuck-

Frothing to smash a few waves at Stonies with ya mate

Robe
SA, 150 posts
26 Mar 2011 6:22PM
Thumbs Up

then there is Tarooki for larger groups-

Robe
SA, 150 posts
26 Mar 2011 6:28PM
Thumbs Up

Its ALL GOOD Croc, no issues with council restrictions, pedestrians, newbies, kooks or anything over there, its just all good, plenty of beach for everyone, plenty of waves for everyone, plenty of wind for everyone, even the track is good at the moment!

Kiteboarding SA
SA, 262 posts
26 Mar 2011 6:34PM
Thumbs Up

Hey guys and girls,

just a note to remind you that you need to make sure that your SAKSA/AKSA membership is up to date. This event is AKSA endorsed, so competitors will be covered under AKSA insurance, so long as their membership is current. Please note that we can no longer sign people up on the day of the event, due to the national online system. So if haven't signed up or renewed your membership, please do so before the event, as registration is a requirement in order to be able to compete. Remember, your membership is now a rolling membership so you get a full 12 months from the date you sign up.

Cheers SAKSA crew

To renew or obtain a membership please copy and paste the following link into your browser http://www.saksa.com.au/

kitecroc
SA, 513 posts
2 Apr 2011 3:52PM
Thumbs Up

Only a few weeks to go before this epic weekend, so get on it crew it's going to be huge.

MartynBone2
SA, 159 posts
10 Apr 2011 12:54PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Guys, Only 2 weeks until the epic 2011 ROBE EASTER CLASSIC...

Dont forget to get in to Onboard to sign up... If you cant get in, You can call the shop and do it over the phone...ph 08 82943866

Just updating.. Friday night is confirmed to be a massive night... with "The Riddim Section" headlining, with the support of Coopers and Monster energy drinks to make your night one to remember (if you can...)

Rooboy
SA, 298 posts
10 Apr 2011 3:39PM
Thumbs Up

Sick poster guys!

action_ms69
SA, 242 posts
11 Apr 2011 9:25PM
Thumbs Up

cant wait, starting to get things ready for the weekend, like getting the red cruiser on ice....

bring on the fun, 5 days of it....

MartynBone2
SA, 159 posts
14 Apr 2011 2:39PM
Thumbs Up

just a reminder that the early bird sign ups for the "Robe Ladies wine tour" finish up on Sunday the 17th. This sunday.

You can still sign up next week and on the day.
There just wont be hoodies avaliable for the $60 price.

If your hesitating, dont... You'll be in for one fun day.

Any problems or questions, call the store.

cheers

see everyone there

Rooboy
SA, 298 posts
15 Apr 2011 1:55PM
Thumbs Up

Look out Robe Stewie is back on the cruisers, he he. And its all good Stewie as long as i dont have to save ur ass from being knocked out by the bikie bouncer at the callie again, he he.

Not long now. So stoked, cant wait to get amongst it. Lets just pray for wind and waves and plenty of it!

kitecroc
SA, 513 posts
15 Apr 2011 10:44PM
Thumbs Up

Less than a week to go, and the forecast is looking sick :-D
If you have never been, give it a go it is such a fun weekend.

See ya there :-P:-D:-P:-D.

kitecroc
SA, 513 posts
18 Apr 2011 7:40PM
Thumbs Up

Only a few days to go

YEEEEEEOOOOOWWWW

action_ms69
SA, 242 posts
18 Apr 2011 8:12PM
Thumbs Up

hella stoked, only a couple more sleeps, then its on like donkey kong...

Bring on the waves and wind, it looks heaps sweet..

lukethomas40
WA, 14 posts
19 Apr 2011 5:28AM
Thumbs Up

Hi guys,

I'm driving over from Vic but have never been to robe before how do I get to third ramp from the town centre?

Cheers

Hobie1463
SA, 449 posts
19 Apr 2011 8:42AM
Thumbs Up

Look for the Kites.

high as a kite
SA, 1312 posts
19 Apr 2011 2:28PM
Thumbs Up

lukethomas40 said...
I'm driving over from Vic but have never been to robe before how do I get to third ramp from the town centre?

Luke, Head out Kingston road for approx 6 k's and turn left down white metal road.

Noticed you have a crazy fly for sale. Was that you at Torquay a couple of weeks ago and towed an old guys kite back in?

If you are passing through Mt Gambier prior to Friday, Port McDonnell / Nene Valley will be going off. Should be double over head if swell forecast is right.

action_ms69
SA, 242 posts
19 Apr 2011 11:03PM
Thumbs Up

2 days count down...

Beer is in the fridge getting cold, wetsuits (all 3) are drying, ready to wear, Easter eggs are brought (and eaten)

So what is there to do but wait, until the epicnest begins..

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing   South Australia

"Robe 2011 Wind/ Kite/ Sup Comp.." started by MartynBone2