WA, 1659 posts
1 Oct 2015 8:22AM
Thumbs Up

Got a few,

Chook2
WA, 1244 posts
1 Oct 2015 4:28PM
Thumbs Up

Thank you for a fantastic event everyone.
I come home each time with fond memories.

The wind vane you built to remember our past Commodore on Crockett Rock, is a credit to you Paul.

Select to expand quote
landyacht said..
sounds like we are all home safe. a few buggies on the beach at esperance still having a go.

It was ace at Cape Le Grande guys. 20 knots directly onshore and I'd left my bloody main kite bag home so had to work hell out of my 3.2 sqm Vapor kite.
Watch it in HD fullscreen to get the idea of the sand.

.be

Chook2
WA, 1244 posts
6 Oct 2015 11:04AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
landyacht said..
Did anybody get any pics of the row of tornados that were trying to form up and touchdown , one thumped into Coolgardie whilst we were at the lake.
there was a row of about 15, but the winds below were too light to get em started

Yep John did and I'll get him to post them for you. He's put them up on EK this morning.

Chook2
WA, 1244 posts
6 Oct 2015 1:45PM
Thumbs Up

These are John Holgates pic's.

Sunset over Woody Island from Le Grande national park.

Thistle cove Esperance

The cliffs Great Australian Bight. Taken with camera on a kite. "KAP"

Chook2
WA, 1244 posts
11 Oct 2015 11:06AM
Thumbs Up

Our arrival at Crockett rock for Lyndon's memorial service. (Thanks George for forwarding these pics.)

The alignment procedure. That's Paul using his "calibrated eyeometer" to get due South.

George said too do it. Your a good sport mate.

Most people wouldn't have seen this as Paul held everyone back at camp till we got this sorted out.

A bit of a blockage when George got off the causeway to let Adam sail his yacht past and he disappeared into the mud. The right hand rear wheel was completely buried and the front wheel was off the ground. The power steering system, was just blowing it's relief valve and the front wheels couldn't be turned.

I had 12 tons of pressure 13,000 lbs WARN winch (through a pulley block) doubled back onto the front of him and I couldn't hold my Nissan with it switched off in low range 4 wheel drive and hand brake on. I was still pulling forward, so got Scotty G to bring up his Prado and hooked onto the back of me with a 10 ton tree protector strap, to hold me firm.

There was Vic's (another GU patrol) on a snatch strap holding George's, Nissan Navara upright (as it was almost at the topple point) from the back as well. The more I winched him forward the more the drivers side bulldozed into the surface of the lake. Vic kept the weight on him and kept the Navara firmly upright.

The guys hanging on the side were rocking it to get some traction on the front wheel you can see the smoke coming off his front wheel when they got it to touch down.

Now just a big clean-up job for George when he returned to Kalgoorlie.

I could then use Georges Navara to winch myself forward (where I had eased back to get more room to pull George onto the causeway.) and the rescue was complete.

Thank you everyone for being so patient while we sorted this out. We could all then go sailing.

Thanks kindly George for the pics.

landyacht
WA, 5921 posts
12 Oct 2015 7:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Chook2 said..
Our arrival at Crockett rock for Lyndon's memorial service. (Thanks George for forwarding these pics.)

The alignment procedure. That's Paul using his "calibrated eyeometer" to get due South.

that has to be the worst photo ive ever seen of myself. greg looks like hes about to tell me if its a boy or a girl, chook looks like hes about to go into labour too. all i can say is that here is your annual funny caption comp. do your best and i will organize a prize!!!!!!!!!!

Subscribe

Forums > Land Yacht Sailing   Events & Competitions

"lake lefroy regatta.26,27,28th september 2015" started by landyacht