Forums > Sailing General

jarkan 10.5

Created by aus005 > 9 months ago, 2 Apr 2014
SailPlan
NSW, 37 posts
17 Aug 2018 6:10AM
Thumbs Up

Which one? They are great boats. I do miss mine...

aus005
TAS, 514 posts
17 Aug 2018 6:14AM
Thumbs Up

Well done you will not be dissapointed post some pics we would love to see her

emmaflossy
4 posts
23 Aug 2018 4:37PM
Thumbs Up

Does anyone know the height of the mast of the jarkan 10.5?

emmaflossy
4 posts
23 Aug 2018 4:39PM
Thumbs Up

FoolishBehaviour
NSW, 51 posts
24 Aug 2018 7:12AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
emmaflossy said..

Our 10.5 Jarkan (centre cockpit) is 15.25 m above waterline and 12.34 m above deck. I recall reading on Seabreeze that there are a couple around with taller mast. I needed this info to go under the Hardy Bay Bridge.

theselkie
QLD, 555 posts
26 Aug 2018 10:40AM
Thumbs Up

Is anyone familiar with Chowringhee?
She is for sale in Sydney with a bit of an osmosis issue.

emmaflossy
4 posts
26 Aug 2018 1:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Warrina III said..

emmaflossy said..

Our 10.5 Jarkan (centre cockpit) is 15.25 m above waterline and 12.34 m above deck. I recall reading on Seabreeze that there are a couple around with taller mast. I needed this info to go under the Hardy Bay Bridge.

Thank you muchly - I've been told not to worry about the power lines - just don't look up!
Shes a lovely boat - got the ajax out and have given her a good scrub. Few minor issues to fix - all the windows leak - of course.
Tried looking for water tank - couldn't find the deck filler... where is everyone else's?
shes a beauty!
so very happy!

Cumbria
1 posts
8 Mar 2019 4:34PM
Thumbs Up

Hi all we have Jarkan 10.5 at Batemans Bay called Cumbria. Hah her for about 20 months and very happy with her. Fitted a new Kabuta 30 hp motor last year and nothing stops her now lol.

4 bells
NSW, 33 posts
13 Sep 2019 4:19PM
Thumbs Up

Does anyone have the contact details for Shaun Jennings, who used to work at the Jarkan factory in Nowra - I wanted to contact him to see if I can get something done on a Jarkan 10.5. If you could PM me with details, I'd be appreciative. Thanks 4B

2bish
TAS, 815 posts
13 Sep 2019 8:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
aus005 said..
hi guys who else has a jarkan 10.5 here is a pic of mine cry havoc

she is build number 20

Nice looking boat Aus, geez that gelcoat looks in good condition, she's been looked after! I think there may be one down here in Kettering, I know the new owner so I'll check.

troubadour
NSW, 327 posts
14 Sep 2019 8:16AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
4 bells said..
Does anyone have the contact details for Shaun Jennings, who used to work at the Jarkan factory in Nowra - I wanted to contact him to see if I can get something done on a Jarkan 10.5. If you could PM me with details, I'd be appreciative. Thanks 4B

His uncle Alan lives at Culburra if that helps. Alan worked at Jarkan for many years and would have had a hand in a lot of the 10.5's

4 bells
NSW, 33 posts
23 Sep 2019 11:34AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
troubadour said..

4 bells said..

His uncle Alan lives at Culburra if that helps. Alan worked at Jarkan for many years and would have had a hand in a lot of the 10.5's

. Thanks - I found him in the white pages and will call. Cheers, 4Bs

4 bells
NSW, 33 posts
25 Sep 2019 1:38PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
4 bells said..

troubadour said..

4 bells said..

. Thanks - I found him in the white pages and will call. Cheers, 4Bs

Alan, Shaun's uncle, actually made them back in the day, and has offered to make me one - so a good outcome. Thanks. 4Bs

troubadour
NSW, 327 posts
25 Sep 2019 4:09PM
Thumbs Up

4 bells
NSW, 33 posts
30 Sep 2019 9:39AM
Thumbs Up

Hi, I'm after a bit of help with some measurements for the centre cabin table for a Jarkan 10.5, the type that straddles the compression pole. The previous owner removed the table, and it has been lost to world, and so I've found the chap who can build me a new one (the same fellow who built them when new), but I need some measurements. So if you can help with the measurements, please let me know.

4 bells
NSW, 33 posts
4 Nov 2019 12:57PM
Thumbs Up

Nothing heard - if anyone can assist with those measurements, I'd be very grateful.

SandS
VIC, 5904 posts
4 Nov 2019 7:29PM
Thumbs Up

My advice is to site measure the xx , and all the other measurements , you have the opportunity to have a table exactly as you want .

boomerbay
2 posts
13 Dec 2019 2:23PM
Thumbs Up

Have just purchased a 10.5 here in Hobart formerly of Kettering, her name is Swivel and i believe a 1980 build, appears to be a very well looked after Jarkan, any history of her would be appreciated.

boomerbay
2 posts
13 Dec 2019 2:37PM
Thumbs Up

4 bells
NSW, 33 posts
2 Mar 2020 12:46PM
Thumbs Up

So I've done just about everthing I needed to do - the new table is in, gas bottle fitted, bimini fitted, fridge installed, fixed the seatalk data system and sort of have the depth sounder working (needs to be sea tested), hot water system working, inverter in place, new VHF DSC GPS radio, rewired the birds nest behind the switchboard, fixed the deck washdown system, rewired the cockpit plotter, repaired the main sail bag, replaced the genoa sheets, fixed the depthsounder, and now need to wait until the bar is dredged so I can do some sailing - isn't it always the way!

FurlsGetTheGirl
7 posts
8 Jul 2020 7:01AM
Thumbs Up

good morning Jarkan fam. i am looking at a 10.5 named Take Five in botany bay. the sales agent told me it was the one used in the sydney boat show when they were released. does anyone know anything about her?

twodogs1969
NSW, 1000 posts
8 Jul 2020 4:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
FurlsGetTheGirl said..
good morning Jarkan fam. i am looking at a 10.5 named Take Five in botany bay. the sales agent told me it was the one used in the sydney boat show when they were released. does anyone know anything about her?

She has been sitting for a very long time over 5 years.

FurlsGetTheGirl
7 posts
8 Jul 2020 6:39PM
Thumbs Up

thanks. sounds like it might be too much trouble

twodogs1969
NSW, 1000 posts
9 Jul 2020 3:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
FurlsGetTheGirl said..
thanks. sounds like it might be too much trouble

All depends on price

FurlsGetTheGirl
7 posts
9 Jul 2020 5:26PM
Thumbs Up

Well the seemingly good ones that are well equipped seem to be going for around 50k so it's going to have to be a pretty special price to make it worthwhile

FurlsGetTheGirl
7 posts
9 Jul 2020 5:31PM
Thumbs Up

twodogs1969 I just stalked your mottle - there was a beautiful 33 on yachthub for about 2 days that I was checking out. Seems to be under contract already. I need to sharpen my pencil for when the deals pop up

chowringhee
3 posts
6 Nov 2020 1:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
theselkie said..
Is anyone familiar with Chowringhee?
She is for sale in Sydney with a bit of an osmosis issue.

Im somewhat familiar with her

FoolishBehaviour
NSW, 51 posts
20 Mar 2021 12:48AM
Thumbs Up

Chowringhee was for sale in 2018

4 bells
NSW, 33 posts
23 Apr 2021 2:52PM
Thumbs Up

Have any of the venerable Jarkan 10.5 owners fitted a black water tank onboard - if so, where might you have done so. I was thinking in the base of the hanging locker on the stbd side in the aft cabin - let me know your thoughts. I understand the Qld maritime folks are pretty keen that yachties need one of these tanks onboard.

FoolishBehaviour
NSW, 51 posts
27 Apr 2021 4:47AM
Thumbs Up

Under our chart table .

Subscribe

Forums > Sailing General

"jarkan 10.5" started by aus005