Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

2012 Starboard 9'5" x 32" Widepoint.

Created by Southwesterly > 9 months ago, 7 Oct 2011
cRAZY Canuk
NSW, 2528 posts
21 Nov 2011 10:07PM
Thumbs Up

Anyone know what the weights of the Carbon and Wood versions of the widepoints are?

windup
NSW, 204 posts
22 Nov 2011 7:03AM
Thumbs Up

cRAZY Canuk said...

Anyone know what the weights of the Carbon and Wood versions of the widepoints are?

Just picked up my 9'5"WP in wood, it won't get wet till i get to merimbula.
I put it on the scales came in at 10.7kg's a bit lighter than the silver
not sure how accurate my scales are.

foxsup
QLD, 218 posts
22 Nov 2011 9:27AM
Thumbs Up

windup said...

cRAZY Canuk said...

Just picked up my 9'5"WP in wood, it won't get wet till i get to merimbula.
I put it on the scales came in at 10.7kg's a bit lighter than the silver
not sure how accurate my scales are.

Mate, if u dont mind me asking - what do you weigh ? I have some mates hanging for reviews on this board. Im sure they'd be stoked if you would post your thoughts after you have ridden it.
B

Pel
WA, 66 posts
22 Nov 2011 8:25AM
Thumbs Up

Has anyone ridden one of these widepoints and also a fanatic allwave 9'6 or 9'2 for a comparison?

Or are there any store owners in Perth who can let me demo both (seems like most stock starboard or fanatic, not both)?

Really torn between these two boards....

windup
NSW, 204 posts
22 Nov 2011 11:38AM
Thumbs Up

foxsup said...
Mate, if u dont mind me asking - what do you weigh ? I have some mates hanging for reviews on this board. Im sure they'd be stoked if you would post your thoughts after you have ridden it.
B

I'm 6'2" 100kg's

windup
NSW, 204 posts
22 Nov 2011 11:53AM
Thumbs Up

Pel said...

Has anyone ridden one of these widepoints and also a fanatic allwave 9'6 or 9'2 for a comparison?

Or are there any store owners in Perth who can let me demo both (seems like most stock starboard or fanatic, not both)?

Really torn between these two boards....

Yer i have Ridden the allwave 9'2 and 8'10. before ordering the 9'5 WP
IMO the 9'2 allwave is very buoyant and stable board
even with 100kgs on it reminded me a lot of my 10' MANA
very floaty but turned better on the wave.
The 9'5 WP sits down in the water better ,turns great for 32 wide less input needed when you step back I also liked the finish better.
But you pay for it.

SurferAJ
NSW, 9 posts
22 Nov 2011 12:33PM
Thumbs Up

I have had a chance to demo the 9"5WP (Thanks ROD)

The conditions were less than ideal. at 1-2ft of surf with a slight onshore chop.

I am 6ft tall and 90kg.

Let me start by saying I have tried the previous wide points and have been impressed by there stability. But not there surfability. They would not bury a rail and wanted to be surfed fairly flat.

This new 9"5 however is a different animal. It has stability equal to or exceeding my old Starboard drive. Not bad for a board a foot shorter. The real surprise was that even in these conditions the board wanted to turn and be surfed. I will be chasing Rod to try and have a go in some better conditions. But I am sure this board will be fun in any conditions and for a wide range of people.

Peterb6245
1 posts
24 Nov 2011 10:41PM
Thumbs Up

just recently purchased the 9'5" WP wood from windsurfski at collaroy....brilliant...cant believe how stable it is....previously the whopper was the choice on choppy days for stability...not any more....stability and turns on a dime (which the whopper does not) ....just love it

gregc
VIC, 1298 posts
28 Nov 2011 10:30PM
Thumbs Up

Ordered one counting the days till it arrives. Clearing out the shed to make room.

Josh808
NSW, 35 posts
1 Dec 2011 4:43PM
Thumbs Up

Just ordered the wood version From Jordan's in Port Macquarie. Was told wholesaler is out of the silver AST until mid Jan. Looks like I'll be getting mine delivered mid next week.

Gwendy
SA, 472 posts
2 Dec 2011 10:40PM
Thumbs Up

My new 8'10" widepoint AST silver just got delivered. Havn't been home to see it yet.

gregc
VIC, 1298 posts
3 Dec 2011 11:44PM
Thumbs Up

Maybe I ordered the last one but apparently it will be here next Wednesday. Fingers crossed

sharpie
NSW, 347 posts
5 Dec 2011 2:31PM
Thumbs Up

got my carbon version the day after merimbula what a hoot, fits perfectly between the whopper and 8 10 wide point, goes super fast and rips it up, swell please huey!

gregc
VIC, 1298 posts
9 Dec 2011 11:47PM
Thumbs Up

Got my 9-5 AST the other day work has kept me off it other than a quick flat water paddle.

Mattress
NSW, 120 posts
10 Dec 2011 3:32PM
Thumbs Up

I've got 2 x 9'5" 32" WP in wood and a 9'0" x 30" hero in wood arriving next week along with a few larger boards. Can't wait to give them a go. If you're in my area (Broulee, NSW) and would like a demo PM me. Will post a review comparing them when I get a couple good sessions on both boards.

Zeusman
QLD, 1363 posts
9 Jan 2012 7:00PM
Thumbs Up

I've got one & I'm loving it! :-)

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"2012 Starboard 9'5" x 32" Widepoint." started by Southwesterly