Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
webbo100 said..

Got mine today, what an awesome board
Thanks Rob.

Feedback please !!!!!

16 Jun 2019 5:50PM
Thumbs Up

No problem at all PADY, it looks beautiful...I rode mine at Scotts Head in nearly non-existent surf with a broken foot & still got a 3rd....Love my Destroyers :)

MilSurf
47 posts
22 Jun 2019 8:42PM
Thumbs Up

Got mine today!! After some back and forth with Jimmy and a much anticipated wait I have recieved my new board! Jimmy Lewis Destroyer, 7'7" x 29" at 100 ltrs. Absoulutely exactly what I was looking for. Nice full nose coming back to pin tail. This will be my main got to board as it should handle any conditions we get here in FL. It has a nice flat deck, comfy looking pad, weighs nothing and the fit and finish of everything is absolutley amazing. Not only did I want the dimensions of this board but also wanted the bomber construction these boards have a reputation for. Military guy and definetly on a budget, this is the first board I have bought brand new and I had to buy it sight unseen so I was very nervous. But after everything I could not be happier and look forward to many fun years with her!

PADY
7 posts
22 Jun 2019 10:35PM
Thumbs Up

very nice shape,
could anyone show a picture of the rocker of the 10' ?
thank's guys !!

25 Jun 2019 4:29PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Pady,
If the weather clears tomorrow I'll get my new 10' Destroyer out & take some photos including the rocker line...I got mine last week & took it straight to Scotts Head for the paddle games and as soon as I rode it loved it...1-2' surf & it turned on a dime yet still let me get on the nose (even with a fractured foot)... Can't wait to get it in some juice... Rob

Supmaori
746 posts
8 Jul 2019 5:47PM
Thumbs Up

Hey guys just wondering if anyone's seen or can confirm if any of the jl destroyers below are the steel grey model.
Chur

Kela
WA, 74 posts
2 Aug 2019 9:30AM
Thumbs Up

Love the idea of the Destroyer! Looks and sounds like one hell of a board.
One of my current boards is the 8'9 World Wide, it is my clean day board for when the surf is pumping. I find it a bit tippy if there is too much chop and wobble.
Tossing up between the 8'5 or 8'10 Destroyer as my next board. Would love the idea of going down to the 8'5 but not sure if that would be too much of a jump. Really want an all round board that I can depend on if its clean and pumping or a bit choppy for a grovel.

Anyone got any ideas or advice?

Cheers

BigZ
178 posts
2 Aug 2019 11:06AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

Kela said..

Love the idea of the Destroyer! Looks and sounds like one hell of a board.
One of my current boards is the 8'9 World Wide, it is my clean day board for when the surf is pumping. I find it a bit tippy if there is too much chop and wobble.
Tossing up between the 8'5 or 8'10 Destroyer as my next board. Would love the idea of going down to the 8'5 but not sure if that would be too much of a jump. Really want an all round board that I can depend on if its clean and pumping or a bit choppy for a grovel.

Anyone got any ideas or advice?

Cheers

How much do you weight? Destroyers are very stable for the size. At 245 I am very comfortable on my 8'5. Granted, I don't paddle in very choppy conditions. When it is over 15 knots it is time for kiting :).

Kela
WA, 74 posts
2 Aug 2019 11:12AM
Thumbs Up

I am 6'2 weighing in between 85 - 90 Kg's.....depending on levels of beer intake around holidays!
Right now my go to board for those bumpier more challenging days is my Allwave 9'5 which is obviously super stable. Would be good to find an all-round board as my new go to. From what I can read the Destroyer looks like it could be the go.

2 Aug 2019 1:22PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Kela, I'm 6'1 & 82kg (without a beer problem lol) & ride the 7'7 even in choppy conditions but it really depends on your water time....I'd like to say you'll be fine on the 8'5" but there are so many variables....If you want to push yourself a little go the 8'5" but if you have other commitments & don't have the time the 8'10" is the safe option but there is always a trade-off whichever way you go....Stability Vs Performance...

Kela
WA, 74 posts
2 Aug 2019 11:34AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the reply.

Is there any comparison in the stability of the 8'9 World Wide with the 8'10 Destroyer? Would you say the Destroyer with its outline is an inherently more stable board?

I love the performance of the World Wide on the wave but the waiting around bit can prove a little challenging in less than perfect conditions.

Cheers

2 Aug 2019 2:00PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Kela,
The WW is more "corky" especially in the bigger sizes (I use to ride the 8'1" which was fine) whereas the Destroyer sits "in" the water better & has better stability in the front of the board whereas the bigger WW's were wide in the tail....The WW's have been around for a long time now & the Super Frank pretty well replaced the WW (which were small wave boards) but the Destroyer is the one board to do all...

Kela
WA, 74 posts
2 Aug 2019 12:34PM
Thumbs Up

Awesome mate, thanks for the info and help.
Destroyer definitely seems the way to go. Can't go past the quality construction and performance of a Jimmy!
Lets hope I can convince the Mrs to expand my quiver.....maybe a Fathers day present?

Cheers

Surfrod66
NSW, 665 posts
19 Sep 2019 7:56PM
Thumbs Up

Got to have a ride on the 8" Destroyer last week..Super excited to go and order one..
Really stable for the size of the board paddle in early and drives through turns without loosing speed..At 6"1 and 88kgs was easy to stand on even after the onshore came up a bit.
May have to try the 10" as well

Supmaori
746 posts
3 Oct 2019 11:09AM
Thumbs Up

Super stoked my 8ft destroyer finally arrived. The hype is real..feels like an absolute machine..I'm running the Large Quobba sides with the medium quobba centre fin.

colas
5064 posts
3 Oct 2019 12:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Supmaori said..
The hype is real..feels like an absolute machine..

Naaah... it's just the Quobba magic :-)

Just (half) kidding of course.

DHUPEDNORTH1
111 posts
4 Oct 2019 9:39AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Supmaori said..
Super stoked my 8ft destroyer finally arrived. The hype is real..feels like an absolute machine..I'm running the Large Quobba sides with the medium quobba centre fin.

Nice board! Are you running the medium Quobba FCS in an FCS centre box adaptor, and the side large quobbas in Futures?

colas
5064 posts
4 Oct 2019 2:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DHUPEDNORTH1 said..
Nice board! Are you running the medium Quobba FCS in an FCS centre box adaptor, and the side large quobbas in Futures?

Yes, just email quobba for a custom order. I have been lobbying them to offer "SUP friendly" setups, so they are now OK with offering:
- Future sides + FCS central for boards with an US Box
- Large side + Medium central since SUPs are harder to turn than surfboards and benefit from the extra looseness

If you ask nicely of course, as always :-)

Supmaori
746 posts
4 Oct 2019 3:00PM
Thumbs Up

Yip thats what I'm running in my set up ( thanks to a good friend) ..L future side quobbas and M fcs centre in an adapter

Chur

Bighugg
490 posts
10 Oct 2019 1:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
colas said..

DHUPEDNORTH1 said..

Yes, just email quobba for a custom order. I have been lobbying them to offer "SUP friendly" setups, so they are now OK with offering:
- Future sides + FCS central for boards with an US Box
- Large side + Medium central since SUPs are harder to turn than surfboards and benefit from the extra looseness

If you ask nicely of course, as always :-)

Quobba is very happy to help with " Sup friendly " mixed setups.
Have my travel Quobba mixed pac sorted.
Big Thank You , to colas , their Sup advisor.

Hoppo3228
VIC, 772 posts
10 Oct 2019 11:31PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Rob,
Any update on perhaps 2 widths of destroyer, like the Super Frank?

justaddwater
NSW, 707 posts
11 Oct 2019 9:08AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Hoppo3228 said..
Hey Rob,

Hoppy,I asked the same question a while back,I love the idea,especially in the lower sizes.IMO the 10 ft/29/125 liters is spot on for a one board gig the only board so far to challenge the JL striker another amazing quiver killer,2 designs that suit me,with bomber construction!!!/longevity/resale ect.Im a very happy paying customer who insists on value for Money,as I have had to many costly mistakes with many other brands.Back to your question all I got back from Rob was he would ask Jimmy.You need to ask the new distributor Rod as Rob has moved on .

Hoppo3228
VIC, 772 posts
14 Oct 2019 4:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
justaddwater said..

Hoppo3228 said..
Hey Rob,

Hoppy,I asked the same question a while back,I love the idea,especially in the lower sizes.IMO the 10 ft/29/125 liters is spot on for a one board gig the only board so far to challenge the JL striker another amazing quiver killer,2 designs that suit me,with bomber construction!!!/longevity/resale ect.Im a very happy paying customer who insists on value for Money,as I have had to many costly mistakes with many other brands.Back to your question all I got back from Rob was he would ask Jimmy.You need to ask the new distributor Rod as Rob has moved on .

Just messaged them... Hopefully it is on the radar...

justaddwater
NSW, 707 posts
14 Oct 2019 6:30PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Hoppo3228 said..

justaddwater said..

Hoppo3228 said..
Hey Rob,

Just messaged them... Hopefully it is on the radar...

Hoppy please keep us informed

Hoppo3228
VIC, 772 posts
14 Oct 2019 9:23PM
Thumbs Up

not a option yet unfortunately.

25 Oct 2019 7:56PM
Thumbs Up

Yes I have emailed Jimmy again about this as Rob did a while ago but at the moment the Destroyer range will stay the way it is..
I will have both 10' destroyer and 10' Striker at Merimbula in a few weeks so anyone who wants can surf them both back to back in the same conditions..
Came down/up tp Merimbula say hi and have a surf..
Rod

PADY
7 posts
13 Nov 2019 3:38AM
Thumbs Up

Hi guys, did anyone test the Destroyer MP 10' with single fin ?
thanks !

CaptainJimbo
160 posts
13 Nov 2019 7:12AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Jimmy Lewis Boards said..
Yes I have emailed Jimmy again about this as Rob did a while ago but at the moment the Destroyer range will stay the way it is..
I will have both 10' destroyer and 10' Striker at Merimbula in a few weeks so anyone who wants can surf them both back to back in the same conditions..
Came down/up tp Merimbula say hi and have a surf..
Rod

Hi Rod, will you have the 9'3" Destroyer as well? The 10' looks a bit narrow [and possibly tippy] for me.
Cheers, Jimbo

robg1703
NSW, 226 posts
14 Nov 2019 4:06PM
Thumbs Up

HI CaptainJmbo,
Yes Rod will have the 9'3" Destroyer at Merimbula...

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"NEW 2019 Jimmy Lewis "Destroyer" Model arriving December" started by Jimmy Lewis Boards