Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

jp 12'6 sportster

Created by laceys lane > 9 months ago, 24 Apr 2013
teatrea
QLD, 4177 posts
25 Apr 2013 8:53PM
Thumbs Up

petedorries said...
And I only want to see Andrew stop the ciggies. Oh and the coke (I mean the cola kind Teatree). Cos' otherwise how ya gunna beat CMC now he has shaved down.

Me too , its hardDont drink much coke though , only when i put rum in it

rager
QLD, 437 posts
25 Apr 2013 8:54PM
Thumbs Up

laceys lane said...
you know you guys are pretty rude. i was asked to try the board and i thought it went pretty fast in the flats. so i posted that. if i didn't like it i wouldn't have.

no it didn't go fast in the ocean. i just wanted to try it

now we have lh, nsp and fanatic people openly going the board.

would be a totally different thing if some had a shot at lh, nsp or fanatic wouldn't.

disappointing to say the least

Just having a joke mate. Nothing personal of course You can paddle whatever the hell you like or don't like. Just couldn't resist the temptation

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
25 Apr 2013 9:06PM
Thumbs Up

rager said...
laceys lane said...
you know you guys are pretty rude. i was asked to try the board and i thought it went pretty fast in the flats. so i posted that. if i didn't like it i wouldn't have.

would be a totally different thing if some had a shot at lh, nsp or fanatic wouldn't.

Just having a joke mate. Nothing personal of course You can paddle whatever the hell you like or don't like. Just couldn't resist the temptation

mate i'm having a battle with back muscles atm. almost unbearable at times.

i know its not personal but that board deserves better treatment than that granted its not a ocean board by any means.

again i was asked to try it, its a demo board. i'm not on any special deal or anything.

i'll have a paddle on anything from any brand from any retailer if i get the chance.

ps bring your 'a 'game tuesday fella- dc pro 14' recessed

rager
QLD, 437 posts
25 Apr 2013 9:13PM
Thumbs Up

To be honest mate I like seeing a board made locally by people I know beating the big shiny imports so I'll be happy to let you wash ride me on your new DC

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
25 Apr 2013 9:18PM
Thumbs Up

same here. they are my preference. however there are paddlers, and a fair percentage of them that just will not buy local no matter what.

i'm rigging up mirrors to make sure your all right behind my tues

HumanCartoon
VIC, 2098 posts
25 Apr 2013 9:24PM
Thumbs Up

petedorries said...
And I only want to see Andrew stop the ciggies. Oh and the coke...

what's your position on pies?

rager
QLD, 437 posts
25 Apr 2013 9:46PM
Thumbs Up

laceys lane said...
same here. they are my preference. however there are paddlers, and a fair percentage of them that just will not buy local no matter what.

i'm rigging up mirrors to make sure your all right behind my tues

They're all just un-Australian then I reckon! (says me typing on my Chinese iPhone while watching my Chinese tv)..

petedorries
QLD, 700 posts
26 Apr 2013 5:52AM
Thumbs Up

HumanCartoon said...
petedorries said...
And I only want to see Andrew stop the ciggies. Oh and the coke...

what's your position on pies?

Usually inside of me

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
26 Apr 2013 4:34PM
Thumbs Up

CMC said...
paul.j said...
laceys lane said...

Pretty sure I've not bagged any board at all? Maybe bagged Pete and he deserves it!! Pretty sure it the guys you paddle with giving you a ribbing

I think you're reading too much into it mate. Like Jacko said you might find its blokes you paddle with giving you a ribbing which it is. I never bagged the board either, I know the shaper and eat and drink with him when in the same country.

i would be pretty sure the jp people wouldn't be seeing that way at all.

competitors coming in and having a good old laugh and talking about lh and dc. another starts talking about his boards . you guys just gave him a good chance to hijack the thread.

i don't mind a ribbing but you all should have a think first.

now the board might not get the chance it should because still fast in the flats and stable. there is a market

i'm not buying the board, didn't intent too, but im pissed

paul.j
QLD, 3341 posts
26 Apr 2013 5:20PM
Thumbs Up

Well it is 5 pm on a friday so i bet there are a bunch of people just pissed like you right now!!

CMC
QLD, 3954 posts
26 Apr 2013 5:43PM
Thumbs Up

laceys lane said...
CMC said...
paul.j said...
laceys lane said...

Pretty sure I've not bagged any board at all? Maybe bagged Pete and he deserves it!! Pretty sure it the guys you paddle with giving you a ribbing

I think you're reading too much into it mate. Like Jacko said you might find its blokes you paddle with giving you a ribbing which it is. I never bagged the board either, I know the shaper and eat and drink with him when in the same country.

competitors coming in and having a good old laugh and talking about lh and dc. another starts talking about his boards . you guys just gave him a good chance to hijack the thread.

now the board might not get the chance it should because still fast in the flats and stable. there is a market

See, where you've got it all wrong is that nobody was laughing at the board. They were laughing at you. It's 2 weeks in a row you've taken a flatwater specific board to training in the surf and struggled on it just like anyone else would. The funny bit is that you take this all so seriously and react, just like a Barramundi on live bait...... If you're seriously pissed I'm stunned.

If the JP guys don't see it that way then they're taking it too seriously as well. It's obvious they make good product and selling plenty as well and will no doubt continue to even if some blokes from a training crew in Currumbin take the pi$$ out of one of the guys they paddle with.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
26 Apr 2013 8:04PM
Thumbs Up

CMC said...
laceys lane said...
CMC said...
paul.j said...
laceys lane said...

See, where you've got it all wrong is that nobody was laughing at the board. They were laughing at you. It's 2 weeks in a row you've taken a flatwater specific board to training in the surf and struggled on it just like anyone else would. The funny bit is that you take this all so seriously and react, just like a Barramundi on live bait...... If you're seriously pissed I'm stunned.

If the JP guys don't see it that way then they're taking it too seriously as well. It's obvious they make good product and selling plenty as well and will no doubt continue to even if some blokes from a training crew in Currumbin take the pi$$ out of one of the guys they paddle with.

i'll give anything a go mate -always will. a public forum is not the place to rib someone one a new model board, standing at the waters edge is.

i was the first person on this board in oz, the breeze is not the place as you very well know

the rest is just you pushing me with industry crap.

anyway i'm done with this

husq2100
QLD, 2031 posts
27 Apr 2013 7:30PM
Thumbs Up

Just read this thread and didnt see anyone having a dig at JP or Lacey

gregc
VIC, 1298 posts
27 Apr 2013 8:00PM
Thumbs Up

My take on JP, and I liked the video that was posted and the review done by Lacey, is that they make a fine board. They make great windsurfing boards and they obviously make a good SUP board. I really like the look of the Sportster and would likely grab one if I was in th market. I also really like my Starboard Widepoint and my Fanatic Falcon.

oldsup
QLD, 87 posts
27 Apr 2013 9:09PM
Thumbs Up

We have purchased a JP 12'6" cruiser carbon this is a great board light stable and fast.
The build quality is very good and this board is becoming my favourite flatwater sup.
Don't know where the AUSTRALIA comes in but very good board.
Cheers

gregc
VIC, 1298 posts
27 Apr 2013 11:04PM
Thumbs Up

yep having the Neill Pryde machine behind you keeping quality and consistency on track doesn't hurt either.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"jp 12'6 sportster" started by laceys lane