Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

Hilights and Final of the Snowy 2009

Created by AA > 9 months ago, 11 Jun 2009
tha dogman
NSW, 2912 posts
14 Jun 2009 8:48PM
Thumbs Up

appsy said...
Im heading up to surf wuth woogie and tully in three weeks, I hear all of the sunny coast guys surf really well on SUP's. So hopefully ill get a few pointers.

Cheers mate, Appsy

if your driving up to the sunny coast give us crew a yell for a sly paddle when your passing through

later dogman

Casso
NSW, 3768 posts
14 Jun 2009 10:28PM
Thumbs Up

tha dogman said...

just for the record i'm rapped with 5th place

The ever smiling Dogman - good on ya mate (I would've been furious if I surfed like you in the final and only got 5th).

tha dogman said...

just waiting for the footage that casso's personal film crew took

Ummm, yeah - still coming - won't be long now. I've been busy.

tha dogman
NSW, 2912 posts
14 Jun 2009 10:45PM
Thumbs Up

Casso said...

tha dogman said...

The ever smiling Dogman - good on ya mate (I would've been furious if I surfed like you in the final and only got 5th).

tha dogman said...

Ummm, yeah - still coming - won't be long now. I've been busy.

you know me i dont give a F@#k!!!!

sick waves up this way over that last south swell

thursday was massive but friday morning was a little smaller but sooooo sick

pulled into so many thick barrels and got nailled every time

looked like old school kirra mean, thick, square and very very fast

cant believe my board is not in 100 splintered pieces and splattered up the beach cause i felt like it

appsy
NSW, 198 posts
15 Jun 2009 12:07PM
Thumbs Up

tha dogman said...

yo dudes

and was just stoked to be in the water with a few crew on sup's

...lol... "the best tea party yet" next time i'll bake some scones guys...lol...

thanks AA for the video of the event

big congrats go to appsy on taking out the sup surfing final

and sam for 3km paddle

and congrats to casso for beating me again in the surfing and the paddle race(f@rrrkkkk!!!!)

and congrats to newcastle sup for completing the 3km paddle on "the cracker sub-marine sub-vector" you must have past a heap of crew on the way back from the bower dude going off!!!

and biggest thanks to the manly longboard club for putting on a great comp

and making some cool trophies for all the finalists

Hahhaha Hay DOGMAN, Yeah mate I really enjoyed the tea party hahahahaha, it was cool talking more then catching waves, fromnowon thats my new tactic hahaha put you all off your game. ahahaha. Im doing a drive from home (Wollongong to the sunshine coast) in July. If i can, il drop in and head for a sup with u somewhere, you can bring the scones hahahaha.

Just on the comp result, you deserved better then a 5th mate.

Appsy

PS. I dont have the net on at home, so im only on this thing once or twice a week

appsy
NSW, 198 posts
15 Jun 2009 12:11PM
Thumbs Up

goatman said...

Hey appsy, you should come up for the inugural Sydney SUP club contest on August 8th. Well done on your Snowy result!

Yeah big thanks,

I'll come up if Im not working for sure. The more SUP comps the better. We dont have any down here, Im from Wollongong. We are like 5 years behind, people are just starting to get off there knee boards hahaha

Appsy

appsy
NSW, 198 posts
15 Jun 2009 12:15PM
Thumbs Up

Casso said...

goatman said...

Hey appsy, you should come up for the inugural Sydney SUP club contest on August 8th. Well done on your Snowy result!

You would think the Vice President of the club would get the date right - Goaty meant to say 9 August (not 8) - or maybe he's advertising the wrong date so he has a better chance of winning the inaugural comp.

I can't remember Appsy, are you from Cronulla area, the 'Gong or further?

Check out www.spsc.com.au for the dates and locations of our upcoming events.

The Aussie SUP Titles are on 23 August at Port Macquarie - by winning the Snowy you'd think you'd have a pretty good chance of making it onto the NSW team. But nobody knows how they are making the selections yet (no official NSW State SUP Titles).

Mate Im from the gong, keep me posted on what happens with the Aus titles. I missed the Illawarra titles (shortboard) because the south coast guys ran a sup event called (seven miles of smiles). I didnt even know there would be an aus titles for sup till last week. We have had no waves all week down here. The swell keeps on missing the gong and heads straight to central cst and north. Just ordered a 8'4 (I think) off tully. Thats more then a foot off the one I m riding now. My normal shortboard is 6"1 so im heading for that size on the sup soon (Jokes)

Appsy

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"Hilights and Final of the Snowy 2009" started by AA