QLD DW

Created by AndyR > 9 months ago, 28 Dec 2015
Downwinder
QLD, 2030 posts
3 Feb 2016 12:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AndyR said..
Al hide tide around 9-10 so perfect mate. As long as there is 20kn of wind by then

G'day AndyR I must be tripping Brisbane tides says 7:13AM High Tide at 2.22 metres Low Tide 1:43PM 0.72 metres

We'd have to paddle at 6:00AM if the wind is up WindGuru says it'll be nuking all Thursday night till Saturday Midday.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
3 Feb 2016 12:53PM
Thumbs Up

Hey. I reckon your right wirh the tide.
But going from the other side of port to redcliffe etc isldeeper im told

AndyR
QLD, 1344 posts
3 Feb 2016 1:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Downwinder said...
AndyR said..
Al hide tide around 9-10 so perfect mate. As long as there is 20kn of wind by then

G'day AndyR I must be tripping Brisbane tides says 7:13AM High Tide at 2.22 metres Low Tide 1:43PM 0.72 metres

We'd have to paddle at 6:00AM if the wind is up WindGuru says it'll be nuking all Thursday night till Saturday Midday.

Yeah phil was meaning saturday to alain in that comment i did get it wrong still high is 8am on saturday. Northside run doesnt matter if its dead low tide its deep water.

Friday is dead low at bris bar at 13:40 can still launch at that time on northside and finish 1hr30 later and be enough water to the beaches to finish.

AndyR
QLD, 1344 posts
3 Feb 2016 1:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said...
Hey. I reckon your right wirh the tide.
But going from the other side of port to redcliffe etc isldeeper im told

Yep northside across the bay is completely different water depths to the southern bay area.

AndyR
QLD, 1344 posts
3 Feb 2016 1:55PM
Thumbs Up

See the map below the white area is 5m at dead low tide, lightest sky blue area is 2-5m of water the darker blue closer to land is 1-2m the darkest blue is 0-1m at low dead low tide. The grey is exposed land at low tide.

Notice the first map port of bris the southern side of it boat passage to boat ramp is where we finish so at low tide you cant cut corners and have to follow the little channel in.
North side of bris river mouth there u see grey as well but ive never seen land exposed maybe they dredge that area being the port entry more. But you paddle straight north in the channel a little bit anyway to line up redcliffe

supsurfers
QLD, 171 posts
4 Feb 2016 4:08PM
Thumbs Up

Northern end Gold Coast going to do 2 Downwind runs Friday afternoon 2.30pm and 4.30pm
Sundale Bridge to Ephrian Island around 12klms
I have trailer can load heaps of boards and have driver
If you are interested let me know
2pm meet at finish to load
4pm meet at finish to load

Txs

Downwinder
QLD, 2030 posts
5 Feb 2016 5:27PM
Thumbs Up

Great Trailer Supsurfers "STYLING"

Thanks for the fun Broadwater paddle you could see the potential, be as go as the Morton Bay to Brisbane Harbour run on it's day.

Averaging 5:26 min per k for the 10.45km run (56.51 minutes) got down to 4:39 min per k for 4k's between 11/16km/h

Tracey did a PB shaved of 15 minutes from her best time "STOKED"

Looking forward to the next run

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
5 Feb 2016 5:36PM
Thumbs Up

We did some local ocean stuff as the swell hasnt kicked in.

If the swell jumps and the wind really kicks I have a crack there tomorrow

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
5 Feb 2016 5:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said...

Probably is more potential to do faster times in those kind oc waters

Downwinder
QLD, 2030 posts
5 Feb 2016 5:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

The ocean should be good tomorrow. I wanted to do an ocean run today but the wind was too South felt like SSW, No White Caps. So the Broadwater run was a better choice "Believe it or Not"

AndyR
QLD, 1344 posts
5 Feb 2016 5:45PM
Thumbs Up

Just did port to clontarf 17.5km SSE 20-25knot wind. Started on dead low tide meant had to paddle straight side chop to clear the sand bar but once clear it lined it up dead straight. First 3rd of run average water to confused, then it got good then it good real good and caught bumps right into the finish line.

I reckon we started 1hr to early for good water depth and wind as it was light on to start. Gusting at 30knots when we finished.

Love moreton bay runs

Downwinder
QLD, 2030 posts
5 Feb 2016 5:53PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AndyR said..
Just did port to clontarf 17.5km SSE 20-25knot wind. Started on dead low tide meant had to paddle straight side chop to clear the sand bar but once clear it lined it up dead straight. First 3rd of run average water to confused, then it got good then it good real good and caught bumps right into the finish line.

I reckon we started 1hr to early for good water depth and wind as it was light on to start. Gusting at 30knots when we finished.

Love moreton bay runs

STOKED for ya AndyR I was sitting on the fence I was keen to come up and join you but I thought I'd go up to the Broadwater to give it a go, Next time AndyR I'm in.
Hoping to get 2 ocean Downwind paddles in tomorrow after Low Tide the points should be firing at Low Tide so I wanna go surf first.

AndyR
QLD, 1344 posts
5 Feb 2016 6:10PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah phill next time mate.
Next time its straight northerly we going to do a bribie island to nudgee run. 30+ km. Will organise car shuffle pick ups to limit the driving. Won't do it till we get a 30knot day but i reckon when we do it will be one epic northerly wind run.

Enjoy the surf in the morning ya frothing grommet!!

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
9 Feb 2016 1:07PM
Thumbs Up

Seaway on to paradise pt was cranking. Some size too.

Agree with phil.
Equal to the brissy bay.

AndyR
QLD, 1344 posts
9 Feb 2016 3:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said...

Agree with phil.
Equal to the brissy bay.

Are we saying shallow water wind swell runs are better than the ocean runs?
This could open can of worms haha

Moreton bay currently gusting at 30knots its a crime
No one is out!

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
9 Feb 2016 3:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AndyR said..

laceys lane said...

Agree with phil.
Equal to the brissy bay.

No one is out!

we had 25 knots gusting 30 plus

Kierannq
QLD, 150 posts
9 Feb 2016 6:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AndyR said..

laceys lane said...

Agree with phil.
Equal to the brissy bay.

No one is out!

You were doing your brother a good deed. it was worth missing today...look at the education you got last week.

AndyR
QLD, 1344 posts
9 Feb 2016 6:33PM
Thumbs Up

Friday and saturday looks epic for the bay high tides too

Downwinder
QLD, 2030 posts
9 Feb 2016 7:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AndyR said..

Count me in AndyR if I'm not working if I come can we do the 27km run.

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

Agree with phil.
Equal to the brissy bay.

I did the run after yours 3:00Pm there was 8 of us. There was this one section that went for like 3 k's and it was EPIC 10/10 all I did was stand on the tail and just surfed for bulk, bump after bump after bump BULK FUN, that 3 k reminded me of the Molokai run but that goes bump after bump after bump for like 14km.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
9 Feb 2016 8:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Downwinder said..

AndyR said..

Count me in AndyR if I'm not working if I come can we do the 27km run.

laceys lane said..

Agree with phil.
Equal to the brissy bay.

I did the run after yours 3:00Pm there was 8 of us. There was this one section that went for like 3 k's and it was EPIC 10/10 all I did was stand on the tail and just surfed for bulk, bump after bump after bump BULK FUN, that 3 k reminded me of the Molokai run but that goes bump after bump after bump for like 14km.

the 6.5 ks from the seaway to the sailing club was non stop full on. barely had a chance for a drink from my camelpk even the shallower side towards the point where it was suggested the bumps would be less is where I surfed for ages. so many times I went to put the paddle and off we would go again.

the bay is longer no doubt , but with those winds today it was quality.

yeah the tail of my board got a good work out too

im hearing talk of ne wind runs firing the whole way. must check that out

AndyR
QLD, 1344 posts
9 Feb 2016 9:04PM
Thumbs Up

Phil saturday is shaping up to be a big day on the bay everyOne will be heading out saturday but me as im working all weekend. Winds looking like it will be good and high tide in arvo will make Saturday an epic moreton bay day.

Im a chance of a friday lunch time run at this stage. Winds and tides looking just as good as saturday.
Talk later in the week.

Good to see you two giving the inclosed GC waters a wrap too. Hearing big things about it.

hbeat98
QLD, 45 posts
10 Feb 2016 7:15AM
Thumbs Up

Had to work this day but all i could think about was tryng out the Broadwater run. Anyone have any videos of these runs?

supsurfers
QLD, 171 posts
10 Feb 2016 8:29AM
Thumbs Up

Bloody water bubbles but at least gives idea of what it is like...

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
10 Feb 2016 9:29AM
Thumbs Up

ive got to get some skin to recut again so im out for the weekend

AndyR
QLD, 1344 posts
10 Feb 2016 10:02AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
supsurfers said...
Bloody water bubbles but at least gives idea of what it is like...

Still a good vid. Down winder styling on the 18ft'er

nickmcd41
QLD, 187 posts
10 Feb 2016 10:16AM
Thumbs Up

nice vid supsurfers, I like the side angles, shows the heights better than top down, which makes everything look small...for the water drops try Rainex on the camera (buy at supercheap or repco), its pretty good. Nothing is perfect but I find it helps.

hbeat98
QLD, 45 posts
10 Feb 2016 6:42PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks supsurfers that was great I feel even worse now for missing this. But great vid.

Downwinder
QLD, 2030 posts
10 Feb 2016 7:26PM
Thumbs Up

The Man Behind The Lens Supsurfers Another Great Footage Of A Fun Broadwater Run Everyone had BULK FUN. Hope This Fridays Is Just As Good, It's Addictive.

If Anybody want's To Have A Downwind Paddle On My Unlimited Low Pressure Board (The Glide Will Blow Ya Mind) Let Me Know & I'll Bring Up My 17'6'' SIC Bullet So can have Something To Paddle.

Next Time Supsurfs Brings Out The Camera We Should All Line Up & Catch The Same Runner. Same As How SIC Film A Maliko Run.

SurfNiels
182 posts
10 Feb 2016 5:51PM
Thumbs Up

That new fanatic looks so much better in bumps than the old ones !
ANd the low pressure looks like its flying !
Looking forward to more footage form this run

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
10 Feb 2016 8:40PM
Thumbs Up

the really good thing about the bay and broadie runs is people can learn really fast and the more advanced can fine tune.

because the bumps are so consistent. there is no variable oceans swells to deal with.

next time it blows up there im taking the f16 for a joyride.

ps. I still love ocean dw ing

pps. brissy looks like it on this Saturday too.

messenger has commenced

ppps. wheres the next place

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"QLD DW" started by AndyR