Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

QLD DW

Created by AndyR > 9 months ago, 28 Dec 2015
AndyR
QLD, 1344 posts
11 Feb 2016 3:51PM
Thumbs Up

Anyone keen for a lunch time run moreton bay at all?

Downwinder
QLD, 2030 posts
11 Feb 2016 4:58PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AndyR said..
Anyone keen for a lunch time run moreton bay at all?

If thats a Saturday it's a YES from Me.

AndyR
QLD, 1344 posts
11 Feb 2016 7:12PM
Thumbs Up

I gotta work sat phil. You go with nicks crew for sat will be a good day. Actually looking at conditions it will be an epic day!

Im looking to go friday just seems like everyones working friday.

Downwinder
QLD, 2030 posts
11 Feb 2016 7:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AndyR said..
I gotta work sat phil. You go with nicks crew for sat will be a good day. Actually looking at conditions it will be an epic day!

I'd come up tomorrow AndyR but it's low tide in the morning the Points will be firing than at lunch doing a Broadwater Run with Supsurfs & the crew it'll be windy as.

But looking forward to Saturday Surf in the morning low tide then Downwind the Bay with Nick and the Brisie Crew at high tide it should be very, very windy.

AndyR
QLD, 1344 posts
11 Feb 2016 8:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Downwinder said...
AndyR said..

I'd come up tomorrow AndyR but it's low tide in the morning the Points will be firing than at lunch doing a Broadwater Run with Supsurfs & the crew it'll be windy as.

But looking forward to Saturday Surf in the morning low tide then Downwind the Bay with Nick and the Brisie Crew at high tide it should be very, very windy.

What you just describe what you are
Doing for the next two days down winder sounds like the ultimate way to live life doesn't it.
Surf on the low tides down wind on the high tides. Thats living!!
All good me and buddy going tomorrow hopefully its cranking!!

Can't wait to get a run on one of ur unlimiteds in coming weeks though thats what im excited about!!

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
11 Feb 2016 9:01PM
Thumbs Up

andy been a bit slow on the work front myself this last week or so

its been a full time job training surfing and dwing.

it will almost be good to go to work for a rest

AndyR
QLD, 1344 posts
12 Feb 2016 4:48PM
Thumbs Up

Another awesome bay run done. Cleveland to port 17km
Wind was light on for bay standards only hovering around 20knots but it was pretty clean out there esspecially the 2nd half.

I reckon tomorrow if wind holds with a later high tide theres more Of a chance of it being an epic run.

Ps: i need an unlimited board. Shields had board on car and changed by the time us other 3 came in haha

windara
QLD, 256 posts
13 Feb 2016 10:54AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
Seaway on to paradise pt was cranking. Some size too.

Agree with phil.
Equal to the brissy bay.

I did this run on those big tides and coped the afternoon run out. Was a struggle getting past the seaway/wavebreak channel!! Love to try the brissie runs!

Flounder
QLD, 137 posts
13 Feb 2016 6:58PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AndyR said..
Wind was light on for bay standards only hovering around 20knots but it was pretty clean out there esspecially the 2nd half.

I reckon tomorrow if wind holds with a later high tide theres more Of a chance of it being an epic run.

Ps: i need an unlimited board. Shields had board on car and changed by the time us other 3 came in haha

That was real fun yesterday Andy! Just enough wind to have to step back on the big board and with the high tide the last few K's were better thanb usual.
Thanks to Krissie McDonald for helping with the car shuffle!
I reckon for sure in the next few months we'll be seeing a lot more Unlimited boards on Moreton Bay, They're great if you can pick and choose when you paddle and try paddle them just when the wind's up. Mine's really hard work though when you're not getting bumps! I reckon if we did that run on a glassy day you guys would be waiting a while for me at the finish!

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
13 Feb 2016 8:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Flounder said..

AndyR said..

That was real fun yesterday Andy! Just enough wind to have to step back on the big board and with the high tide the last few K's were better thanb usual.
Thanks to Krissie McDonald for helping with the car shuffle!
I reckon for sure in the next few months we'll be seeing a lot more Unlimited boards on Moreton Bay, They're great if you can pick and choose when you paddle and try paddle them just when the wind's up. Mine's really hard work though when you're not getting bumps! I reckon if we did that run on a glassy day you guys would be waiting a while for me at the finish!

you almost need a gun to get him out even at 15 knots on the goldie.

someone buy the man a 14 fter please

AndyR
QLD, 1344 posts
13 Feb 2016 11:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

HAHAHA. but then there's no rudder and when he starts inside at the bay and see's he needs to get wide quick to get into the bigger bumps its a simple turn of the rudder and away you go wide. I looked and wanted to follow but thought arrrr stuff it just point and shoot in the direction I started off with.
Worked out alright though with the higher tide I went as close to wello point as I have ever been and the bumps were gooood in there and the end there was no cutting back into the boat ramp it was a straight run the whole way close in.

Still unlimited is really on my mind.. something custom 17.0 foot 26 wide is on the wish list

it has been a good summer for down winding in S.E Qld hasn't it!!

Downwinder
QLD, 2030 posts
14 Feb 2016 6:30AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AndyR said..
Still unlimited is really on my mind.. something custom 17.0 foot 26 wide is on the wish list

Good Choice AndyR once you've paddled an Unlimited SUP Downwind you'll never look back.
Do your homework as there are some really good Unlimited SUP's on the market and some really s##t Unlimited SUP's on the market.
These days you can try before you buy.

Price $4.5 grand - $6 grand? "$6 grand is a joke in IMO"

Remember the secret to a Good Unlimited SUP is

1. Plenty of Volume
2. Lite under 15 kilo's is a good weight for a 17.0 foot 26 wide
3. Good Glass Job using 100% Carbon Kevlar

To this day I've never paddled a 14ft SUP I have NO Desire to paddle one either "so I can't comment"

Gliding on the Tail on the Unlimited

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
14 Feb 2016 6:58AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AndyR said..

laceys lane said..

HAHAHA. but then there's no rudder and when he starts inside at the bay and see's he needs to get wide quick to get into the bigger bumps its a simple turn of the rudder and away you go wide. I looked and wanted to follow but thought arrrr stuff it just point and shoot in the direction I started off with.
Worked out alright though with the higher tide I went as close to wello point as I have ever been and the bumps were gooood in there and the end there was no cutting back into the boat ramp it was a straight run the whole way close in.

I reckon when staring cutting across the' bay' your going to lose . rudder or no rudder.

a little bit is ok but cut to hard and other paddlers will pass you.

theres no give in the wind and swell direction

Downwinder
QLD, 2030 posts
14 Feb 2016 7:25AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

AndyR said..

laceys lane said..

I reckon when staring cutting across the' bay' your going to lose . rudder or no rudder.

a little bit is ok but cut to hard and other paddlers will pass you.

theres no give in the wind and swell direction

Yep don't just cut out. It's Simple Just GLIDE out then GLIDE, GLIDE everywhere and GLIDE to the finish but the last 4k's of the bay is just paddle power.

ScottyCee
20 posts
19 Feb 2016 2:17PM
Thumbs Up

A clip from one of the downwind paddles last week on the GC Broadwater with Supsurfers,Downwinder and the crew.

Downwinder
QLD, 2030 posts
19 Feb 2016 4:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ScottyCee said..
A clip from one of the downwind paddles last week on the GC Broadwater with Supsurfers,Downwinder and the crew.

Yep that was a Bulk Fun arvo how good are the Bumps in the Broadwater the Glide is Gold, when the ocean doesn't want to co-operate.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
19 Feb 2016 6:10PM
Thumbs Up

maybe sunday for the broadie!!!!!

supsurfers
QLD, 171 posts
19 Feb 2016 6:22PM
Thumbs Up

Sunday arvo will be a DW run on the Broadwater if anybody wants in

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
19 Feb 2016 8:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
supsurfers said..

I would love too. my back stitches got infected so have to see how that goes.

I would take the f16 hoping less chance for falling in on that board .

the drier I keep the wound the better

Downwinder
QLD, 2030 posts
19 Feb 2016 10:19PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

supsurfers said..

I would take the f16 hoping less chance for falling in on that board .

the drier I keep the wound the better

G'day Mark where have you been hiding all you need to do is put SUPER GLUE on you stitches and your as good as gold it's the best s##t ever

I always travel with SUPER GLUE I've had some major cuts in the Tropic surfing places like Cloud Break, Restaurants, Bali, Timor, Hawaii.

SUPER GLUE is as good as stitches

SUPER GLUE was invented for soldiers in the Vietnam War for when they'd cut themselves in the jungle.

SUPER GLUE only cost $2 dollars you can buy medical SUPER GLUE for $300 dollars but even a Doctor will tell you the $2 dollar SUPER GLUE is best.

SUPER GLUE is kind to you skin your cut will thank you for it. but remember to top up your cut at least every 3 days as the skin starts to reject the SUPER GLUE and you watch how fast your cut will heal.

I've had many stitches over the years and have always put a layer of SUPER GLUE over the stitches.

Remember buy the TRUE Super Glue Tarzan Grip is Best

DON"T buy SUPA GLUE this one is S##T as once you hit the water it just peels straight off (it's NO GGOD waste of $2 dollars)

Have fun on Sunday I'm working.

Dr Phil

Downwinder
QLD, 2030 posts
19 Feb 2016 10:30PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

If your stitches are infected put SAVLON all over it before you go to bed and in the morning the SAVLON would have sucked all the s##t out of you wound.
Trust me I've used SAVLON many a times in the Jungle

SAVLON is Truly the Ants Pants

Dr Phil

supsurfers
QLD, 171 posts
21 Feb 2016 7:12AM
Thumbs Up

3.30pm Broadwater run today!!!

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
21 Feb 2016 7:19AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Downwinder said..

laceys lane said..

If your stitches are infected put SAVLON all over it before you go to bed and in the morning the SAVLON would have sucked all the s##t out of you wound.
Trust me I've used SAVLON many a times in the Jungle

SAVLON is Truly the Ants Pants

Dr Phil

thxs phil got them all out Friday. on the antibiotics. cleaning up real fast

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
21 Feb 2016 8:39AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
supsurfers said..
3.30pm Broadwater run today!!!

3.30 at paradise pt sailing club

supsurfers
QLD, 171 posts
21 Feb 2016 12:01PM
Thumbs Up

3 paradise point load trailer
3.30 Sundale bridge beach

Downwinder
QLD, 2030 posts
21 Feb 2016 5:36PM
Thumbs Up

This Saturday 27th February is looking Sooo Good for a Port Of Brisbane Downwinder 30 Knots SSE Winds with a High Tide at 10:52am at 1:35 Metres

Is that any good AndyR wind will be up early.

the Ocean will be out of control at 12ft at 14 seconds of East Swell there goes the bank at the Alley and maybe the Snapper Bank, Burleigh will be OK because we've got the Rocky to fall back on. I love surfing the Rocky.

www.windguru.cz/208694

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
21 Feb 2016 6:18PM
Thumbs Up

Downwinder said...
This Saturday 27th February is looking Sooo Good for a Port Of Brisbane Downwinder 30 Knots SSE Winds with a High Tide at 10:52am at 1:35 Metres

the Ocean will be out of control at 12ft at 14 seconds of East Swell there goes the bank at the Alley and maybe the Snapper Bank, Burleigh will be OK because we've got the Rocky to fall back on. I love surfing the Rocky.

www.windguru.cz/208694

Mate every man and his dog is likely to be there is the call from the usual unreliable sources

ScottyCee
20 posts
21 Feb 2016 4:38PM
Thumbs Up

Downwinder said...

www.windguru.cz/208694

You didn't miss anything today Phil, I'm hearing same thing as Lacey ,think you will have plenty of company on the bay run .

Downwinder
QLD, 2030 posts
21 Feb 2016 6:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ScottyCee said..
You didn't miss anything today Phil, I'm hearing same thing as Lacey ,think you will have plenty of company on the bay run .

I was thinking of you guys while I was sitting in the Truck getting Sandblasted. Yep, hope the Bay is a 10/10 this Saturday I wanna just Glide All The Way in Surf Stance.

AndyR
QLD, 1344 posts
21 Feb 2016 7:19PM
Thumbs Up

Yep bay will be on!

I tell ya what if the wind isn't right up by mid morning for cleveland run and it looks predicited to build more in the arvo and it is S to SSE a late lunch start from port/pinkenba side of port to redcliffe could be an epic run. Dropping tide at 25 plus knots is absolutely perfect for this run. 17km of dead straight bumps over some shallow banks yessss please! The finish of this run the last 2km is just epic as it sucks you dead straight into the beach finish.
I gotta get a gopro to show the world this run its un real on its day.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"QLD DW" started by AndyR