Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

Tassie Talk

Created by tassiesup > 9 months ago, 25 Nov 2012
PBBRclub
TAS, 92 posts
29 Jun 2014 11:49AM
Thumbs Up

Ice Cold Classic cancelled for today and will be run next Sunday, way to cold to hold

but we can announce that our friends at Global Surf Industries & Red Herring Surf have come through with some very generous sponsorship in the form of this board that will be given away to some lucky girl at the end of our summer series, all you need to do is enter a round of our club comps to go into the random draw for the board, the more rounds you enter the more entries you well have in the final draw

PBBRclub
TAS, 92 posts
5 Jul 2014 1:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
PBBRclub said...
Park Beach Boardriders will be running their inaugural "I've Cold Classic" comp on 29/6/14, that's the weekend after the "TassieSUP Winter Classic" so everyone should be in top form or hoping to make amends after their performance from the weekend before

Comp is on hold as the swell forecast isn't looking good and 2MT is still waiting delivery of the "Bombora"

PBBRclub
TAS, 92 posts
11 Jul 2014 7:22PM
Thumbs Up

2MT's "Bombora" has now arrived so we are on for Sunday

PBBRclub
TAS, 92 posts
13 Jul 2014 8:03PM
Thumbs Up

today's comp came down to a man on mad duel between 2MT & Riverider, but 2MT's mind games were just to much for Riverider in the end
and who wouldn't be psyched out but this

DoctorSUP
TAS, 48 posts
13 Jul 2014 8:51PM
Thumbs Up

Thorpeto and 2MT both came out

on the same day.

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
20 Jul 2014 10:36AM
Thumbs Up

NWBR winter comp on next weekend at preservation bay , start time to be confirmed latter in the week .

Need to be in it to be in the running for the perpetual trophys donated by watersports Tasmania , manufacturer of custom made SUP paddles

supnth
TAS, 36 posts
20 Jul 2014 3:41PM
Thumbs Up

Lets hope its bigger surf than spot "H" this morning !! On the upside, my sup ballet is coming along nicely

supnth
TAS, 36 posts
20 Jul 2014 3:45PM
Thumbs Up

Hey, tassie sup'ers look what I found this afternoon on the way home !!!!

MWA HA HAAA !!! Now who's gunna lend me their sup ????

riverider
TAS, 1097 posts
20 Jul 2014 7:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
supnth said..
Lets hope its bigger surf than spot "H" this morning !! On the upside, my sup ballet is coming along nicely

Should have traveled south dancing girl, 3 hours of glassy shoulder high perfection at the superbank this arvo, just me and then a longboarder turned up just on dark, best session for months, gota love those winter crowds

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
25 Jul 2014 1:47PM
Thumbs Up

NWBR SUP comp now on tomorrow (Saturday) 12 meet up at sulphur creek. Beach .

2MT
TAS, 585 posts
25 Jul 2014 3:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tassiedevel said..

Wish I could be there

Have a good one

Can't wait for the pics

supnth
TAS, 36 posts
25 Jul 2014 5:26PM
Thumbs Up

It's on !!! Penquin Pipe will be firing

(Hmmmm I know what comes outta pipes on the northern coast)

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
25 Jul 2014 8:54PM
Thumbs Up

Fun surf for an hour at sulfur creek this afternoon . Tomorrow it's going to be on like donkey kong in the race for these trophies , donated by Watersorts Tas , custom maker of handmade SUP paddles

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
25 Jul 2014 9:00PM
Thumbs Up

Not sure what happened there , like most of us the trophies Look much better upright and the water at preservation bay does lie horizontally , though that might change next Tuesday / Wed when possibly the biggest surf in 40 years hits the northwest

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
25 Jul 2014 9:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
2MT said..
Tassiedevel said..

Wish I could be there

Have a good one

Can't wait for the pics

Will have to get better organized for the spring comp and get some of the PBBR crew up for it . Bit hard to plan ahead at the moment with the elnino conditions making the surf really fickle / even more fickle then normal for the NW .

2MT
TAS, 585 posts
25 Jul 2014 11:23PM
Thumbs Up

No worries but see if you
can find the focus button
on that camera .. it will
make a difference.

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
26 Jul 2014 9:36AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
2MT said..
No worries but see if you
can find the focus button
on that camera .. it will
make a difference.

No focus on the I- phone

Pics taken in the semi darkness before an early morning surf on a brisk morning at presso bay . The trophies are probably a bit blurred from shivering

supnth
TAS, 36 posts
27 Jul 2014 5:25PM
Thumbs Up

NWBR comp' held in 1ft surf at Preso' Bay yesterday. Tightly contested "all in" 30 minute heat/final. Beautiful day but very very tiny surf - made scoring difficult for all competitors and judges but everyone had a great time in the winter sunshine.

Good fun, good crew, good day.

riverider
TAS, 1097 posts
27 Jul 2014 9:57PM
Thumbs Up

I think they call this big Wednesday

supnth
TAS, 36 posts
27 Jul 2014 10:23PM
Thumbs Up

Holy sh#t - when is that due ?

Finally spot "H" is gunna be on

supnth
TAS, 36 posts
27 Jul 2014 10:34PM
Thumbs Up

Hey RR - It's finally on !!!

Wiz5477
TAS, 8 posts
28 Jul 2014 1:43PM
Thumbs Up

Spot "H"?

Sounds intriguing

supnth
TAS, 36 posts
28 Jul 2014 8:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Wiz5477 said...
Spot "H"?

Sounds intriguing

I think friday may be my day - let it settle a little - if you are keen let me know.

PBBRclub
TAS, 92 posts
28 Jul 2014 8:53PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
riverider said..
I think they call this big Wednesday

There's a rumour going round that we could see Park Beach Boardrider Club over 65 SUP Champ (aka 2MT) taking on this swell at outside stooges on his new bombora

2MT
TAS, 585 posts
28 Jul 2014 9:03PM
Thumbs Up

Outside Stooges sounds tempting

but I would be looking for a downwinder

from Cremorne to Sevenmile.

Could be a once in a life time epic.

Will need a fleet of three (minimum)

for safety.

Who's coming ??

tassiesup
TAS, 477 posts
18 Aug 2014 2:29PM
Thumbs Up

2014 Australian Stand Up Paddle-board Titles 15-19 October 2014 Currumbin

Tasmania Team Expressions of Interest are called for competitors to represent Tasmania in the national titles.

All age divisions across Surfing, Technical (BOP) and Marathon (12'6 and 14') events are represented.
Preference given to state ranked surfers, but all positions are expected to be open.

Please forward your interest to Team Manager,
Ben Stockwin benstockwin@gmail.com by the 31st of August 2014

australiansuptitles.com/

tassiesup
TAS, 477 posts
28 Aug 2014 7:51PM
Thumbs Up

FATHERS DAY SUP PADDLE

Next Sunday the 7th of September at 2pm Kingston Beach will play host to a regular monthly BOP (Battle of the Paddle) event.
Marking out a course off the beach paddles can challenge themselves to complete the course in and out of the beach.
The emphasis is on the social aspect with coffee or more fatherly drinks to follow at a local cafe afterwards for those interested.
Just turn up if interested just north of the ships at Kingston Beach.
If beach is too rough the paddle will be held inside Browns River.
Demo Boards available courtesy of Bic Life SUP

JulesX
TAS, 43 posts
29 Aug 2014 2:41PM
Thumbs Up

Just confirming where the BOP will likely be on the 7th, is in between the river and the shops. Similar to where we had the Regatta race.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

JulesX
TAS, 43 posts
29 Aug 2014 3:07PM
Thumbs Up

SUP BODY MECHANICS EVENING - Thursday 11th SEP 2014 at DSS, Marieville Esp, Sandy Bay starting at 7:00pm

Everyone is invited to attend a presentation by Sports Physio Andrew Hutton regarding SUP and body movement. If you would like to come, please secure your space at www.trybooking.com/book/event?eid=100211&

Details:

I am Andrew Hutton from Integrated Physiotherapy. I am a sports physiotherapist of 25 years and am looking forward to speaking to you about the interesting interface between equipment, technique and movement awareness and control and body mechanics.

Inefficient movement technique, in our case paddling technique, leads to: power loss
reducing performance
tissue overload which leads to injury.

As a physiotherapist, I often meet people who have pain preventing them from doing the activity they enjoy.The improvements in body mechanics that occur in the process of addressing their pain, almost always (read always) lead to improvements in performance.

Correct treatment is not to stretch or strengthen the "sore spot" but is to view the site of pain sensitivity as the result and to set about finding the movement dysfunction that has resulted in the tissue overload.

My talk will outline the relationships between:technique
biofactors of awareness,
control and tissue limitation.

We will also have a demonstration of physical screening and look at the implications for SUP on what we find.

If you are interested in volunteering for this, please wear respectable underwear you are happy to be screened in, in front of the group on the evening.
I am sure you will find this interesting and revealing ( in a learning sense).
In the meantime if you would like to peruse some of the information on my website go to www.integratedphysio.com.au

riverider
TAS, 1097 posts
6 Sep 2014 9:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
tassiesup said..
FATHERS DAY SUP PADDLE

Next Sunday the 7th of September at 2pm Kingston Beach will play host to a regular monthly BOP (Battle of the Paddle) event.
Marking out a course off the beach paddles can challenge themselves to complete the course in and out of the beach.
The emphasis is on the social aspect with coffee or more fatherly drinks to follow at a local cafe afterwards for those interested.
Just turn up if interested just north of the ships at Kingston Beach.
If beach is too rough the paddle will be held inside Browns River.
Demo Boards available courtesy of Bic Life SUP

I'll be there with the DC/NSP 12'6" Coco for demo/sale

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"Tassie Talk" started by tassiesup