Forums > Surfing Longboarding

AFL Season 2013

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 26 Mar 2013
Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
14 Aug 2013 9:33PM
Thumbs Up

James still has a job it would seem so I am way out in thinking he was gonna get the boot.........still I think he should. As my old boss used to tell me though - the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent

ockanui
VIC, 1300 posts
14 Aug 2013 9:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

James still has a job it would seem so I am way out in thinking he was gonna get the boot.........still I think he should. As my old boss used to tell me though - the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent

Yes Ted must admit its all too confusing for me, not to mention being over the whole saga, EFC saying, what's up Doc? and the AFL with a different opinion... either they did it or didnt, surely the AFL would only be pursuing the gang of 4 based on evidence, the only people who will win out of all this are the Lawyers....

The sooner talk'n footy is back on the agenda the better, meanwhile the seabreeze tipping comp is getting really interesting with a clear leader of 2 and the rest about 5 tippers about to make the run home.... the title is up for grabs

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
16 Aug 2013 1:59PM
Thumbs Up

Footy Stats;

I was surfing with Gerard Healy the other day (yes, ex Melb/Swans player, and Brownlow Medalist)... I see his little brother Greg in the water a bit (Quik Torquay/Aus CEO)... I chat to both of them...

Anyway... I told Gerard about my idea on the "empty hit-out column" on the stat sheet... Only rucks chalk up hit-outs... But we should/could also count up the hit-outs from the bottom of the pack, and the tap-ons when a player doesn't actually recieve a "hot footy", when he chooses to instantly tap it on to a player in a better spot... Gerhard loved the idea, and he's going to raise it with the chief AFL stats guru (Gerhard mentioned his name, but I've forgotten)... So little old me might have influenced a stats revision to this great game!! Wow!

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
16 Aug 2013 2:25PM
Thumbs Up

Simondo the temporary AFL CEO has a new offer for Essendon ();

Players: 1 week suspension to players who aren't certain what they were administered - to be served in the 2014 home & away season, and can be served at any stage. Essendon to submit a roster of when players will serve the suspensions. The suspensions are designed to be a warning to players, to be aware of what they are receiving. No fines for the players. Players deemed ineligible for the Brownlow Medal in 2014. (although I'm willing to be flexible on the Brownlow issue - if the Players Association kicks up...)

Essendon Football Club: $1M fine - for bringing the game into disrepute, paid to the AFL, to cover costs, with funds transferred to WADA & ASADA to cover their costs.

James Hird & Co: $20,000 fines to the individuals for bringing the game into disrepute, on the basis that insufficient records were kept, and the surrounding uncertainty of what was actually administered, and the 'potential' to harm players.

No other sanctions, and a note saying that the players are "not guilty", on the technical basis that they can't determine what was administered, and that players have neither tested positive to any banned substances. Staff and club are "not guilty" of administering banned substances, but fined on the basis of poor record keeping, potential to endanger the players, etc etc...

Case Closed...

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
16 Aug 2013 2:29PM
Thumbs Up

There's a problem with going after Hird... He will likely fight this for ever... So you have to offer him a palatable "get out clause"... see above...
So everyone can just MOVE ON !!!

thePup
13831 posts
19 Aug 2013 5:29PM
Thumbs Up

Message to Mister Sim Grommetti ..... you and your Catters are LEGENDS smoked , smacked and shat all over that rabble on the weekend champions

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
21 Aug 2013 10:06PM
Thumbs Up

Looks like we have a war on our hands now - big afternoon of action !!! Definitely game on now between James & the AFL.

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
21 Aug 2013 10:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ockanui said..

Ted the Kiwi said..

Yes Ted must admit its all too confusing for me, not to mention being over the whole saga, EFC saying, what's up Doc? and the AFL with a different opinion... either they did it or didnt, surely the AFL would only be pursuing the gang of 4 based on evidence, the only people who will win out of all this are the Lawyers....

The sooner talk'n footy is back on the agenda the better, meanwhile the seabreeze tipping comp is getting really interesting with a clear leader of 2 and the rest about 5 tippers about to make the run home.... the title is up for grabs

Hey ockanui so this is where you hang, good to see you round mate

ockanui
VIC, 1300 posts
22 Aug 2013 12:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
weiry said...
ockanui said..

Ted the Kiwi said..

Hey ockanui so this is where you hang, good to see you round mate

Heh Weiry lad, I wouldn't be saying" where I hang" it's more this is where I continue being a public nuisance. Speaking of which just to get back on topic, shaping up to be one of the most controversial footy seasons ever with the AFL's charge sheet delivered to Essendon yesterday, pretty effyn damning, why don't they just cop what ever ever is coming to them and let us all move on to enjoying a final season, the EFC/ hird are not bigger than the AFL so just take your bat'n ball a feck off.... If your into a good sport site google "Roar" with lots of stuff about everything sport and lots of up to date info on the EFC crisis, a good read...

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
25 Aug 2013 8:54AM
Thumbs Up

The Cats were brilliant last night!
Clinical!

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
27 Aug 2013 7:16PM
Thumbs Up

Looks like Justice is finally on its way..........now for those Sharkies

ockanui
VIC, 1300 posts
30 Aug 2013 11:10AM
Thumbs Up

Justice has been served this week, whether its appropriate to the charges depends if you are one of the 75,000 or if like me one of the millions that are not, I find it all rather insulting, on the same day that the EFC face the largest fine and sanctions to key players in the History of the game, that the Coach was offered a contract extension WTF..

I feel the whole episode of EFC's grand vision of "whatever it takes" will come back to bite them, the cosy way that they have lost the paperwork that shows who was given what injections and the complete disregard to the players health and welfare is completely dishonorable and they should hang their collective heads in shame for a long, long time to come.

For Hird to be called "heroic" by his paid $15,000 a day legal Counsel is a total misnomer and and insult to all those who are Heroes, he has shown himself to be anything but a.....

Now for the Finals, some good games coming with some pretty competitive teams vying for that premiership cup... looking forward to it...

thePup
13831 posts
30 Aug 2013 9:16AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ockanui said..
Justice has been served this week, whether its appropriate to the charges depends if you are one of the 75,000 or if like me one of the millions that are not, I find it all rather insulting, on the same day that the EFC face the largest fine and sanctions to key players in the History of the game, that the Coach was offered a contract extension WTF..

I feel the whole episode of EFC's grand vision of "whatever it takes" will come back to bite them, the cosy way that they have lost the paperwork that shows who was given what injections and the complete disregard to the players health and welfare is completely dishonorable and they should hang their collective heads in shame for a long, long time to come.

For Hird to be called "heroic" by his paid $15,000 a day legal Counsel is a total misnomer and and insult to all those who are Heroes, he has shown himself to be anything but a.....

Now for the Finals, some good games coming with some pretty competitive teams vying for that premiership cup... looking forward to it...

yeah true .... and if they have left the farking door open for the "blue & gold west australian druggies" to slither into the finals via the shizz chute I'll be spewing even more Ocka .... bastards

byf
WA, 512 posts
31 Aug 2013 5:39PM
Thumbs Up

Gee. Great game From the purple pretenders. Letting the rapists have their way with them.

thePup
13831 posts
31 Aug 2013 6:37PM
Thumbs Up

well yeah I spose if you were a supporter you'd be redfaced but then again I also spose that the great pretending over rated blue & gold gayboys would have been counting on some September action too ahhhh well maybe some more excuses will be forthcoming

byf
WA, 512 posts
31 Aug 2013 6:46PM
Thumbs Up

Ha ha Awesome

thePup
13831 posts
31 Aug 2013 6:49PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah I thought so too

NewScotty
2350 posts
31 Aug 2013 6:52PM
Thumbs Up

"Purple Pretenders", "rapists" & "blue and gold gay boys" ????

Great game that AFL.

thePup
13831 posts
31 Aug 2013 6:53PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
NewScotty said..

"Purple Pretenders", "rapists" & "blue and gold gay boys" ????

Great game that AFL.

yeah

byf
WA, 512 posts
31 Aug 2013 6:59PM
Thumbs Up

Thats footy for you NewScotty. As cross town rivals mate this is the norm. Pull the p155 on each other. Its like this in my house with Eagle and Docker supporters. But it is just a game and 5 minutes after the siren we all forgive and forget. It is just a game. And pup for your info.. i really hope at least one WA team puts it up the cheating Demetriou and the VFL he runs. My opinion anyway.

thePup
13831 posts
31 Aug 2013 7:06PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
byf said..

Thats footy for you NewScotty. As cross town rivals mate this is the norm. Pull the p155 on each other. Its like this in my house with Eagle and Docker supporters. But it is just a game and 5 minutes after the siren we all forgive and forget. It is just a game. And pup for your info.. i really hope at least one WA team puts it up the cheating Demetriou and the VFL he runs. My opinion anyway.

shizz yeah mate ..... totally agree

NewScotty
2350 posts
31 Aug 2013 7:06PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
byf said...

Love it.

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
31 Aug 2013 9:20PM
Thumbs Up

Go Cats!!

We have a few players who dig deep when it matters! It didn't matter today!

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
31 Aug 2013 9:21PM
Thumbs Up

(And we can finally close the Essendon crap!)

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
31 Aug 2013 9:58PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Simondo said..

its far from closed........

NewScotty
2350 posts
31 Aug 2013 8:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...
Simondo said..

To steel a quote from Churchill.
"It's not the end, it's not even the beginning of the end.
It is perhaps, the end of the beginning".

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
31 Aug 2013 10:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

Simondo said..

Yeah, not fully closed. But there is basic closure for Season 2013...

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
1 Sep 2013 3:17PM
Thumbs Up

Suns

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
1 Sep 2013 7:10PM
Thumbs Up

Go Suns!!

They will be pushing up the ladder again next year... They can make the 8 next year...
Ablett is showing them how to play... Showing them the work rate and preparation that is required!

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
1 Sep 2013 7:16PM
Thumbs Up

Dad and I are closet Suns supporters!
In fact Dads parents were early settlers on the coast (Goldie)...

We have had an epic winter... Only wetsuit technology will keep me here!
(On the surf coast... The other coast...)

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"AFL Season 2013" started by Simondo