NRL 2017

Created by chrispy > 9 months ago, 9 Jan 2017
Macaha
QLD, 21888 posts
28 Sep 2017 7:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al G said..
Ummm,why is the NRL getting a rap singer from Seattle to sing at the GF,why aren't they getting a good old Aussie home grown rock and roll band to do a few songs.Be it either a young aussie band or older one

Mate the girls at work were talking about this guy today.

I said I've never heard of him, this one love song which I haven't heard is it a U2 cover?

But I think they want to go out with a bang like Billy Idol and Meat Loaf

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
28 Sep 2017 8:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

Al G said..
Ummm,why is the NRL getting a rap singer from Seattle to sing at the GF,why aren't they getting a good old Aussie home grown rock and roll band to do a few songs.Be it either a young aussie band or older one

Mate the girls at work were talking about this guy today.

I said I've never heard of him, this one love song which I haven't heard is it a U2 cover?

But I think they want to go out with a bang like Billy Idol and Meat Loaf

I've never heard of him either Macdon't know if it's a U2 cover I haven't heard it but geez isn't it an Aussie GF,have'nt we got talent here that could do it,surely we have

No wonder the NRL is bleeding when they come up with this crap

thePup
13831 posts
28 Sep 2017 6:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al G said..
Ummm,why is the NRL getting a rap singer from Seattle to sing at the GF,why aren't they getting a good old Aussie home grown rock and roll band to do a few songs.Be it either a young Aussie band or older one

for the farkin hipsters mate

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
28 Sep 2017 8:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..

Al G said..
Ummm,why is the NRL getting a rap singer from Seattle to sing at the GF,why aren't they getting a good old Aussie home grown rock and roll band to do a few songs.Be it either a young Aussie band or older one

for the farkin hipsters mate

Geeezuz they're taking over everything

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
28 Sep 2017 8:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

Al G said..

Because we have used every Aussie band worth money already,and some rather crappy ones

The only people I have heard complain are people over 50 or rednecks

I think the NRL have done well with this . They are trying to get seen by a global market, and what better way to do that than by hiring a current artist that has a world wide audience. Pretty smart marketing imo...and the NRL coukd not have ever paid for the amount of publicity this has now recieved ...remember all publicity is good publicity

Plus I really don't think the NRL are smart enough to have this planned ,in the way it has ended up

Don't forget we have also used many international artist before to no complaint....and I'm so effen glad I don't have to hear that creten barnsie deafen me again

I'm over 50 so I guess I fall in to that complaining category but still would like to see a young Aussie rock band perform.Yeah I can understand using international artists as well but doesn't footy a R and R generally go hand in hand not Rap singing love song covers

Macaha
QLD, 21888 posts
28 Sep 2017 8:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al G said..

chrispy said..

Al G said..

Because we have used every Aussie band worth money already,and some rather crappy ones

I think the NRL have done well with this . They are trying to get seen by a global market, and what better way to do that than by hiring a current artist that has a world wide audience. Pretty smart marketing imo...and the NRL coukd not have ever paid for the amount of publicity this has now recieved ...remember all publicity is good publicity

Plus I really don't think the NRL are smart enough to have this planned ,in the way it has ended up

Don't forget we have also used many international artist before to no complaint....and I'm so effen glad I don't have to hear that creten barnsie deafen me again

I'm over 50 so I guess I fall in to that complaining category but still would like to see a young Aussie rock band perform.Yeah I can understand using international artists as well but doesn't footy a R and R generally go hand in hand not Rap singing love song covers

Well I'll be dammed he may just be on the money

Cobra
9106 posts
30 Sep 2017 5:37AM
Thumbs Up

NRL Should of got this guy.

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
30 Sep 2017 9:04AM
Thumbs Up

or this one

surfbroker
NSW, 1488 posts
30 Sep 2017 12:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al G said..

chrispy said..

Al G said..

Have to say I'm with you Al.
Plenty of Aussie talent to showcase...and who gives a flying **** about taking NRL to the masses OS

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
30 Sep 2017 10:45AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
surfbroker said..

Al G said..

chrispy said..

Al G said..

Have to say I'm with you Al.
Plenty of Aussie talent to showcase...and who gives a flying **** about taking NRL to the masses OS

the majority give a **** ,so go back to playing your banjo and get rid of that small minded attitude that screws so many good things in the world

Macaha
QLD, 21888 posts
30 Sep 2017 1:49PM
Thumbs Up

The Killers are currently killing it for the AFL grade final they smashed it.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
30 Sep 2017 12:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

Good Aussie band they are

Can't wait to hear everybody cry about their stage props

Macaha
QLD, 21888 posts
30 Sep 2017 2:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

Macaha said..

Good Aussie band they are

Can't wait to hear everybody cry about their stage props

Played a good Midnight Oil cover, very impressive

Macaha
QLD, 21888 posts
30 Sep 2017 2:53PM
Thumbs Up

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
30 Sep 2017 12:57PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

Your point?

I did see maklemore four time Grammy award winner,that's pretty impressive,and he is a independent artist in doing so

I thought the killers did a awesome set, but i do laugh at the hypocrisy

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
30 Sep 2017 3:45PM
Thumbs Up

Seems like the AFL get it right,even though I'm not a fan of the game but ticket sales speak for themselves,always a near sellout or if not a sellout even at their major semi finals and I do know the Melboites loooove their footy.NRL major semi finals I noticed lots of empty seats and GF tickets they practically can't give them away

Macaha
QLD, 21888 posts
30 Sep 2017 3:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

Macaha said..

Your point?

I did see maklemore four time Grammy award winner,that's pretty impressive,and he is a independent artist in doing so

Thats me point they were probably to best pre game Ive seen.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
30 Sep 2017 1:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

chrispy said..

Macaha said..

Your point?

Thats me point they were probably to best pre game Ive very seen.

If that was the case why post up the pic of the maklemore? What was that trying to achieve?

Al if you really don't understand crowds in Australia you really must watch sport with your eyes closed

Look at the team's who are playing in both codes. I'm not trying to mock you but ffs mate I gave you way more credit before that last post when it comes to sport

Now back to the afl,the greatest game of all

Edit,you know they pretty much gave away tickets for the first state of origin in qld. Just food for thought

Macaha
QLD, 21888 posts
30 Sep 2017 4:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

Macaha said..

chrispy said..

Macaha said..

Your point?

Thats me point they were probably to best pre game Ive very seen.

If that was the case why post up the pic of the maklemore? What was that trying to achieve?

Al if you really don't understand crowds in Australia you really must watch sport with your eyes closed

Look at the team's who are playing in both codes. I'm not trying to mock you but ffs mate I gave you way more credit before that last post when it comes to sport

Now back to the afl,the greatest game of all

Edit,you know they pretty much gave away tickets for the first state of origin in qld. Just food for thought

Just keeping all in the loop of the news on both pre game entertainment.

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
30 Sep 2017 4:08PM
Thumbs Up

Chrispy you may be up on what goes on behind the scenes with most sports a lot more than what I am because I really don't get into it that much,I only go off what I read and what's on TV at the time.I wasn't really reffering to the sport but the amount of spectators going to the sport. I was merely pointing out there where heaps of empty seats at the semi finals,if the NRL have to give tickets away for any footy game what does that say about where they are heading,just like any business giving away their product .I don't know how true it is but I read that the NRL had a loss 54 million dollars over the 2015-16 financial year on previous years,that can't be good?...

PS I reckon Rugby League is the greatest game of all

Cobra
9106 posts
30 Sep 2017 3:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al G said..

%100 with you bro.

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
30 Sep 2017 5:38PM
Thumbs Up

Geez it just keeps getting better- www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/macklemore-to-donate-australian-proceeds-of-song-same-love-to-yes-campaign-20170930-gyrxfq.html

I reckon some of the greats of the game that are deceased would be rolling in their graves

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
30 Sep 2017 4:43PM
Thumbs Up

Al G said..
Geez it just keeps getting better- www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/macklemore-to-donate-australian-proceeds-of-song-same-love-to-yes-campaign-20170930-gyrxfq.html

I reckon some of the greats of the game that are deceased would be rolling in their graves

Geez I bet you spat your weetbix out the day they let those filthy black ****s vote in Australia aye al, and we wont mention those slut women who should be chained to the kitchen cooking and breeding, but they got bloody equal rights.

Bloody disgraceful and dissapointing they want people to have equal rights in Australia

And don't get me started on that bloody ****ter Ian Roberts or our greatest Olympian ,you know,that otherr ****ter thorpie

And i don't blame you completely al,you just grew up in a world where racism and inequality was like vegemite and toast as disgusting as it was it was real

surfbroker
NSW, 1488 posts
30 Sep 2017 6:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..

Al G said..

%100 with you bro.

^^^^^^^^^
What he said..

Macaha
QLD, 21888 posts
30 Sep 2017 7:00PM
Thumbs Up

Come on south Queensland storm

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
30 Sep 2017 7:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Come on south Queensland storm

No Storm...

thePup
13831 posts
30 Sep 2017 5:34PM
Thumbs Up

geez caaaaaaaarn the North Sydney Bears

Macaha
QLD, 21888 posts
30 Sep 2017 7:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
geez caaaaaaaarn the North Sydney Bears

geez what grade did they make the final ?

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
30 Sep 2017 8:22PM
Thumbs Up

Caaaarn the Eels in the Holden Cup

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
30 Sep 2017 8:37PM
Thumbs Up

chrispy said..

Al G said..

Geez I bet you spat your weetbix out the day they let those filthy black ****s vote in Australia aye al, and we wont mention those slut women who should be chained to the kitchen cooking and breeding, but they got bloody equal rights.

Bloody disgraceful and dissapointing they want people to have equal rights in Australia

And don't get me started on that bloody ****ter Ian Roberts or our greatest Olympian ,you know,that otherr ****ter thorpie

And i don't blame you completely al,you just grew up in a world where racism and inequality was like vegemite and toast as disgusting as it was it was real

No sorry all wrong,I've got mates that are black and have had for 30 odd years,my Mrs isn't chained to the kitchen either,she can vote or do what she likes, I've got nothing against any one who wants to do as they like,I always say" do what ya wanna do be what ya wanna be yeah" as long as they are not harming other people, but why isn't this person donating money to both sides YES and NO?.Personally I don't vote for anything that's not compulsory and if it is compulsory I don't fill out the form just fold it up and put it in the box,if they've got their own rules I don't care

I do believe in the garden of Eden it was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve

But I do love Vegemite

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"NRL 2017" started by chrispy