Forums > Surfing Longboarding

NRL season 2014

Created by weiry > 9 months ago, 9 Jan 2014
chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
22 Feb 2014 9:28AM
Thumbs Up

Lucky Kleenex were on special this week and I stocked up...you blokes.are heartless

thePup
13831 posts
22 Feb 2014 9:30AM
Thumbs Up

Fooookers were warned champion

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
23 Feb 2014 4:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

weiry said..

ready for the big game Bitch chrispy

I think you will smash them. $1.90 at -2.5 points is a bargain

I hope ya got on !!!!!!! Big win from Souths. Did anyone watch it? Hows those might Warriors smashing Mac's (once mighty) Horses today 44-4 or similar

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
23 Feb 2014 4:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

Hows those might Warriors smashing Mac's (once mighty) Horses today 44-4 or similar

I'm expecting much the same as last year nothing flash

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
25 Feb 2014 9:44PM
Thumbs Up

www.nrl.com/news/2014/02/25/broncos-2014-season-preview/

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
3 Mar 2014 9:53AM
Thumbs Up

After giving it some thought here are my thoughts on the year ahead a few days out.

Roosters - same team as last yr - you would think they will be better and will be hard to beat
Souths - have lost a few players to start the year in key positions but have a strong roster. Will go close again but fail when push comes to shove.
Warriors - have recruited well and this year may finally put it all together. About bloody time.
Cowboys - Have a great roster as well and a new coach who has finally brought them some silverware. Will not win but might well be a contender deep into the finals.
Manly - will be a strong team once more but I do not think we can win it. Love to be wrong.
Penrith - have the makings of a very good team over the next few years. They showed glimpses last year but struggled with depth. They will not have those problems this year.
Bulldogs - had a terrible start last year 1 from 6. I expect them to make the 8 and have a very tough defence but will struggle to out score the good teams - so will just make up the 8 but will not be a strong contender for the title.

Melb - they might just have enough to make the 8 but only just. I think their decline is finally about to happen.

Newcastle - the 3rd yr of Waynes World will make them a tough team to beat this year if they can control their off field discipline. Might scrape into the 8 but without Jarrod for the first month or so will mean they are starting with one hand tied behind their backs.
Cronulla - I have left them out as the ASADA investigation could rightfully strip them of half their team. If not they should make the 8 but that would be all.

Saint George and Broncos will be playing for dented pride although the Dragons have recruited well from Canberra! Speaking of which I really like Canberra but not their coach so they will fail to make the 8 and I would put the blame fairly on his shoulders. The Eels can only improve on their 2 last years and at least now they have a coach. The Titians and West Tigers will also have a tough year. The Tigers have some exciting talent coming through but its a year too early to really shine.

NewScotty
2350 posts
3 Mar 2014 11:31AM
Thumbs Up

^^^^ Hard to argue with all that.
Not sure if Warriors have lost many players but with the inclusion of Sam Tomkins and Johnson was on fire in the 9's they would be my roughie to end up top 4.
Roosters team to beat with only losing Luke O'Donnell from 2013 roster.
Keary is out for 5 months which is a huge loss to Bunnies plans to play him at 5/8.
Let's see how Walker goes in his place.
Souths are lacking a good halves combo and outside backs.
I'm also hearing Reynolds not 100 %.
I think I'll put $500 on Roosters and call it compensation if they win (They are paying $4.50).

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
3 Mar 2014 5:49PM
Thumbs Up

Always thought you were a smart man Scotty

A few people have asked me what I will be going for this weekend and to be honest I normally keep my powder dry in the first few weeks of the season to see how things develop so will only be betting 25 - 50% of my normal amounts. My first week choices will look something like this - Roosters, Dogs, Panthers, Manly, Cowboys, Tigers (least confidence on this one), Warriors and the Sharkies.

Based off current market prices and betting $10 a game you would hope to make a $51.70 Net Profit if you get all 8. If you only get 6 then probably looking at closer to $26 Net Profit for the week. Based off $80 thats a 32.5% return. I will not bet on the Dragons / Tigers game and will probably pass on the Cowboys as well. I will multi Roosters, Warriors and Dogs at $4.47 to leverage my returns to $134.05 ag $49.50 if betting just the single outcomes at $10 a leg - be warned though - you get one wrong you lose out!

thePup
13831 posts
3 Mar 2014 4:07PM
Thumbs Up

I'll just say Panthers , Cowdies & Warriors to be the big improvers .... Sainters to be risers too .... Rabbits for the Flag this year finally

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
4 Mar 2014 5:38PM
Thumbs Up

a new coach for broncs before the end of the year.... thats my call.

SP
10979 posts
4 Mar 2014 4:03PM
Thumbs Up

^^^ there's a good question

First coach to cop the knife in 2014 will be ????

IMO Mick Potter round 6

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
4 Mar 2014 7:20PM
Thumbs Up

Jeeepers SP you should be giving yr coach a tad more support than that before the season starts.....harsh but fair

thePup
13831 posts
4 Mar 2014 5:16PM
Thumbs Up

Reckon Penrith look very bloody dangerous this year , worth a darkie sly bet hmmmmmm

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
5 Mar 2014 8:10PM
Thumbs Up

Ok so who's going to win tomorrow & by how much

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
5 Mar 2014 6:14PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
weiry said...
Ok so who's going to win tomorrow & by how much

Roosters by 18

wavelength
1195 posts
5 Mar 2014 6:44PM
Thumbs Up

Chooks by 10.

. . . and Carissa Moore. By 3.2.

NewScotty
2350 posts
5 Mar 2014 6:56PM
Thumbs Up

I am lacking confidence in the Bunnies at the moment.
Just doesn't feel right.
Gee, I hope I'm wrong.
Lacking in halves and outside backs I say again.

thePup
13831 posts
5 Mar 2014 8:24PM
Thumbs Up

Well fark you all .... I say a DRAW

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
6 Mar 2014 7:35AM
Thumbs Up

It's finally arrived - first day of the new campaign. Good luck fellas.

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
6 Mar 2014 7:34AM
Thumbs Up

bunnies in golden point.

i hope

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
6 Mar 2014 6:21PM
Thumbs Up

I have decided to go with the esky on the deck full of ice option this evening. Nothing is going to get in the way of me enjoying an absolute ice cold few beverages whilst watching the boys smash each other up around the park. I am fully pumped. Have advised the good lady that she will probably enjoy herself more in the bedroom watching a movie on the laptop. That way I can turn the volume up nice and loud and not be interrupted. Phone will be on silent as well so no one is disturbing the dorset tones of the one and only Ray Rabbit Warren.

Bring it on ! ! ! ! ! !

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
6 Mar 2014 8:33PM
Thumbs Up

Its all kicking off down here already. Hope you Queenslander's are not on delayed coverage

Andrew Johns has some new toys at his disposal. Its like he thinks he is Andy Gray from Skysports UK

No Tom Waterhouse but sportsbet are back.

NewScotty
2350 posts
6 Mar 2014 5:44PM
Thumbs Up

@ ANZ in corporate box.
@ Chrispy, "it's only a rort if ya not in on it"

thePup
13831 posts
6 Mar 2014 5:47PM
Thumbs Up

Carn ya Hares .... stick 5 fingers right up the chooks bums

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
6 Mar 2014 8:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
NewScotty said..

@ ANZ in corporate box.

Long way to go to watch yr fellas lose. Hope they get you nicely lubricated And most of all ENJOY !

SP
10979 posts
6 Mar 2014 5:53PM
Thumbs Up

Wish they'd just start the game... FFS nine...

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
6 Mar 2014 9:07PM
Thumbs Up

yes that was a terrible intro special. Well I hope it was a special and we do not have to see that every time. Seems the commentary lads are not all over the new rules as they keep saying they are, I notice no one wanted to debate the almost JS try there or play some replays. Jokes.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
6 Mar 2014 9:13PM
Thumbs Up

Reynolds should still get 10 I reckon for that pro foul he would in football.

pete53
NSW, 243 posts
6 Mar 2014 9:26PM
Thumbs Up

Inglis !! he learnt to play in NSW apparently

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
6 Mar 2014 9:42PM
Thumbs Up

Souths are still playing to flat for my liking but seem to have the better of the Roosters so far. I reckon the Roosters can not believe they are not a long way behind on the scoreboard - should give them some confidence into the 2nd half I hope. They have played terrible and its still even. Scotty must be beside himself.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"NRL season 2014" started by weiry