13831 posts
14 Mar 2014 8:45PM
Thumbs Up

and it was a nail biter in Syddo

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
15 Mar 2014 12:27AM
Thumbs Up

Missed the game as was driving - what was the score ?

thePup
13831 posts
14 Mar 2014 10:06PM
Thumbs Up

!$ to !@ Ted ....... you work that out & I stay out of the crack room

SP
10979 posts
15 Mar 2014 6:50AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

Missed the game as was driving - what was the score ?

Don't worry about the score mate,, just please tell me you took those stupid odds the bookies were giving for your boys..

Was a good game of footy.

pete53
NSW, 243 posts
15 Mar 2014 10:04PM
Thumbs Up

I tipped Storm but Penrith didn't deserve to lose. Some shocking ref decisions and man has Indris got a lot to do to gain any credibility. He not only didn't break any tackles he didn't 't even hit the line with any enthusiasm. He Made a few ball and all tackles but I still rated him as the least contributing player on the field.Titans must be laughing.

wavelength
1195 posts
15 Mar 2014 7:12PM
Thumbs Up

Well, I am glad I am not in a tipping comp, after one and a half rounds I am officially what guru Weiry would call a footy tard.

And, good post Pete ^^^ i think Penrith are going to be a team to watch this year. (But what would i know?)

wavelength
1195 posts
16 Mar 2014 9:33AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

^^^ there's a good question

First coach to cop the knife in 2014 will be ????

IMO Mick Potter round 6

I see the Titans are red hot faves againsts Wests this arvo. I think you are right, SP - the coach is under pressure and every result is going to either add a little to the job security or take a lot away.
Since Friday's two results, I've been less of a tard. Of course I thought Melbourne and Easts would get up, though I thought Parra would put up a little more fight. And i was expecting the Warriors to do a bit more than they have. Saints fans must be happy so far.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
16 Mar 2014 10:23AM
Thumbs Up

The dragons are plodding along we do have a problem of not having any real big boys this year which worried me...but now I have been watching some games played under the new rules,well it might be to our advantage. Widopp has brought a real sense of calm and direction to the side which has been sorely missed,sward would just crack if he was not running hot.
I put the dragons in the same basket as the broncos atm. Time will tell

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
16 Mar 2014 9:52PM
Thumbs Up

Some big results across the board this weekend. Good to see Para back to their Ricky Stewart form - a shame though as I was hoping after last week they have put him behind them. Tigers on fire SP !!! Dragons on fire Chrispy. Horses on fire Mac, Manly on fire Ted GWS on fire (whoops wrong thread).

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
16 Mar 2014 9:44PM
Thumbs Up

oh my, the titans have been talking themselves a bit in the local rag or maybe the reporters are.

this ones going to hurt them.

broncs- didn't see 2 wins coming!!!!

thePup
13831 posts
16 Mar 2014 10:34PM
Thumbs Up

The most intriguing season I have seen in a while .... going to be a ripping few rounds coming up the before the Origin ..... did I say Origin bring on da farking Origin 2014

Dazzler75
QLD, 458 posts
17 Mar 2014 6:22AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
wavelength said..

SP said..

^^^ there's a good question

First coach to cop the knife in 2014 will be ????

IMO Mick Potter round 6

I see the Titans are red hot faves againsts Wests this arvo. I think you are right, SP - the coach is under pressure and every result is going to either add a little to the job security or take a lot away.
Since Friday's two results, I've been less of a tard. Of course I thought Melbourne and Easts would get up, though I thought Parra would put up a little more fight. And i was expecting the Warriors to do a bit more than they have. Saints fans must be happy so far.

After yesterday I'm thinking Carty rather than Mick Potter

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
17 Mar 2014 4:28PM
Thumbs Up

yep very sad news about yow.
he gave it a go, he has the Parkie tenacity.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
17 Mar 2014 7:05PM
Thumbs Up

weiry said..

can't play the vid, but can't help thinking what a sook. league was only a means to an end - money.

why can't he get himself right and play park footy for the love of the game- he's only young.

everything that is wrong about sport these days.

wishing jharal the best in retirement

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
17 Mar 2014 9:57PM
Thumbs Up

Wow - that is very sad news. The only bright note I can see on this was at least he reached the heights of State of Origin and representing his country before it all went south. He gave it his best and reached his potential and for that he should be bloody proud. I am sure it was not his full potential but he surpassed many others along the way. I hope some good things come his way.

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
17 Mar 2014 10:33PM
Thumbs Up

laceys lane said..

weiry said..

can't play the vid, but can't help thinking what a sook. league was only a means to an end - money.

why can't he get himself right and play park footy for the love of the game- he's only young.

sook... ....... ....WTF..... he played pro league.

mate thats just silly talk.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
17 Mar 2014 11:39PM
Thumbs Up

weiry said..

laceys lane said..

weiry said..

sook... ....... ....WTF..... he played pro league.

mate thats just silly talk.

rubbish.WHF, he can play at a lower level f ing easily. if he really missed footy at his young age he would play on a bit more.

wouldn't we all like to be top level. plenty have been injuried accepted the fact and play on even if its no where near what they were.

i'm saying there nothing to stop him playing if he wants to play. it just wont be pro

hell some guys play into their forties for the love of it .

thePup
13831 posts
17 Mar 2014 10:06PM
Thumbs Up

Carn the North Sydney Bears

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
18 Mar 2014 2:17AM
Thumbs Up

I reckon the entire Gold Coast Titans should retire

pete53
NSW, 243 posts
18 Mar 2014 6:49AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

I reckon the entire Gold Coast Titans should retire

As long as they don't retire to Penrith

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
21 Mar 2014 11:36AM
Thumbs Up

Frothing for tonight's game I haven't seen a game yet due to travel,I'm not sure my team can match the Rooters tonight fact is I give them little chance.

thePup
13831 posts
21 Mar 2014 9:46AM
Thumbs Up

mmmmmm yeah - reckon the Tiges might cop a flogging too the Hares will be spewing they let that one slip last week

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
21 Mar 2014 11:58AM
Thumbs Up

I think the match up of the round will be doggies and Penrith , will be interesting to know where they fit in the comp.

pete53
NSW, 243 posts
21 Mar 2014 3:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
weiry said..

I think the match up of the round will be doggies and Penrith , will be interesting to know where they fit in the comp.

Absolutely! Pennies have bought well and are really coming together. Shizz look at their bench. Dogs definitely under performed in games last year and I can't see Des allowing that to happen again.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
21 Mar 2014 8:13PM
Thumbs Up

Friday night special sees Souths by 13+ (sorry SP - you were made to look good by a very poor Titians last week) into Roosters (sorry Mac - you were short on front rowers before the season started and with another 2 out tonight its not looking that flash. Your defence has won you the last 2 games but tonight they will be no measure for those Chooks.

So are we having a running commentary tonight or will Weiry get upset and throw his toys if we do

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
21 Mar 2014 7:15PM
Thumbs Up

Can you believe my daughter has booked a family diner tonight guess I'll have to record the game.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
21 Mar 2014 8:30PM
Thumbs Up

Whats the big news - Engaged? Pregnant? Moving in with partner? Needs a deposit for a home loan? Wants a new car ? So many options

thePup
13831 posts
21 Mar 2014 5:40PM
Thumbs Up

No no no Ted ..... the girl has just bought her first CLEARWATER

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"NRL season 2014" started by weiry