Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Nrl season 2015

Created by laceys lane > 9 months ago, 15 Oct 2014
Dazzler75
QLD, 458 posts
8 Aug 2015 1:03PM
Thumbs Up

After being maligned for a long while & with some justification the Eagles forward pack stood up to the much lauded Souths pack & absolutely SMOKED them!

Bill Willy turned back the clock & was a handful all night. Starling was back to last year form. Kept waiting for B Stewart to score a double to match Beaver's club record.

Go Manly

Cobra
9106 posts
8 Aug 2015 11:18AM
Thumbs Up

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
8 Aug 2015 1:58PM
Thumbs Up

I hope you remember that moment Cobra as it will probably be another 40 years

Dazzler75
QLD, 458 posts
8 Aug 2015 2:09PM
Thumbs Up

41 years to be exact

Cobra
9106 posts
8 Aug 2015 2:16PM
Thumbs Up

envious little bitches

NewScotty
2350 posts
8 Aug 2015 2:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Ahhh Scotty - just re-read my efforts from last night - might have been a few beers deep late last night

I was pretty stoked that the boys have put together 2 good performances in a row over 2 quality teams. I would like them to make the 8 just to shove it to the board - has a club ever sacked a coach for making the semi 4 years straight?

Back at the Wharf again Ted ?

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
8 Aug 2015 7:17PM
Thumbs Up

ANZ tonight sending off Richie and Dan. This place has changed a lot. In the Novotel having a Jim beam n cola

Cobra
9106 posts
8 Aug 2015 5:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
ANZ tonight sending off Richie and Dan. This place has changed a lot. In the Novotel having a Jim beam n cola

richie and dan

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1301 posts
8 Aug 2015 8:18PM
Thumbs Up

Richie Mccaw and Dan Carter, thorns in the wallabies side for many years,is Carter going o/s or retiring??Im thinking (hoping) Wallabies by 6 tonight Pleeeaaase After Manlys win last night let the underdogs run continue

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
8 Aug 2015 9:13PM
Thumbs Up

I just can't do rugby watched the first 5 mins sorry back to the NRL

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1301 posts
8 Aug 2015 10:00PM
Thumbs Up

after the first 5 minutes i don't blame you ,more dropped ball than an AFL game.40 mins to go in a close one

Cobra
9106 posts
8 Aug 2015 8:06PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
I just can't do rugby watched the first 5 mins sorry back to the NRL

i can't do rah rah period,,private school game in australia

Cobra
9106 posts
8 Aug 2015 8:07PM
Thumbs Up

how was that cowboys game,,,they were predicting a corker.

thePup
13831 posts
8 Aug 2015 8:29PM
Thumbs Up

Geez the Greysuits are the real deal in 2015 Chooks back in the game for top spot now

Cobra
9106 posts
8 Aug 2015 8:44PM
Thumbs Up

we could miss the 8 the way we are travelling and who we have to play

thePup
13831 posts
8 Aug 2015 8:46PM
Thumbs Up

Dunno why but I got a premonition the Hares will be up against the Brookie boys first week of the finals

Cobra
9106 posts
8 Aug 2015 8:53PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
Dunno why but I got a premonition the Hares will be up against the Brookie boys first week of the finals

still dont think manly will make it

out of the 8 that are there now.

i can only see storm or souths missing.

thePup
13831 posts
8 Aug 2015 11:58PM
Thumbs Up

Well I'll be farked we won something beat the all Blacks for fark's sake hahahaha awesome

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
9 Aug 2015 7:40AM
Thumbs Up

Hey ted -HAR HAR.

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
9 Aug 2015 7:54AM
Thumbs Up

Ted = cone of silence

SP
10979 posts
9 Aug 2015 6:04AM
Thumbs Up

From the ashes...

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...

Cobra
9106 posts
9 Aug 2015 7:19AM
Thumbs Up

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
9 Aug 2015 6:51PM
Thumbs Up

Good to see the Knights have a good second half.

Has anybody checked Teds well being

surfbroker
NSW, 1488 posts
9 Aug 2015 7:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Good to see the Knights have a good second half.

Has anybody checked Teds well being

Who cares !!..Roosters won

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
9 Aug 2015 5:50PM
Thumbs Up

thanks for the unexpected last couple of weeks dragons...i am more than pleased....sorry ted your kiwi boys went down without seeing the white line

Cobra
9106 posts
9 Aug 2015 6:59PM
Thumbs Up

goons have a good run into the finals chrispy.

manly must of had big money go down, they have been shorter odds than they deserve considering who they will play and wins needed.

just saying precious manly crew

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
9 Aug 2015 11:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Ted = cone of silence

Sorry fellas had a very busy day. Yes last night was an atrocious result. Not the end of the world but close We showed our age at times and lack of experience at other times. It was a very poor exhibition of skills from both sides. Wayne Barnes did not help matters blowing his whistle every 10 seconds and stopping any hint of flow of play - but unlike a league person I am not blaming the ref for the result - just think he could have played a bit of advantage both ways at times. At least he had the balls to use the yellow card - something NRL refs lack. It looked clear after about 5 mins that we would lose. Its not often we lose (think that Richie's 15 lost as an AB in 141 matches) and when we do its clear as day after 5 mins - last night was no different. We dropped the ball repeatedly in the first few mins - writing was on the wall.

The ANZAZ efforts by the army ban before the game were tragic. But their singers did well for the national anthems. Some idiot from Australia - Bernard Foley - was doing kicks over the post during the last post - amazing. Finally someone told him to stop. Instead of staying where he was he buzzed off and ran almost right through them. Madness. Lack of respect. Most people (was surrounded by Aussies) around us thought we were seeing things as he lined up another kick. Incredible. Absolute disgrace.

I enjoyed the ANZ stadium - they have really lifted their game - loads of market stalls outside with street food - lamb shanks, Indian curries, kebabs, tasty soups etc - its a really nice touch. Transport to the game was a joy - a bus from Dee Why provided free of charge as was the return journey that took all of 40 mins. Hard to see why everyone complains so much about that joint.

But its just round one and to win the Bledisloe you will have to beat us in NZ shortly. Can not see that occurring - this was a good result - as Cobra would say - it was the game we needed to lose

But in all seriousness it was an absolute terrible game from both sides. The number of ball handling errors was huge given the quality of the Abs and some of the Aussies. If you were not a rugby fan watching that game you would wonder what all the fuss was about. I think Nick Fibs missed his man 3 times passing from the ruck.

NewScotty
2350 posts
9 Aug 2015 9:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...
Macaha said..
Ted = cone of silence

Sorry fellas had a very busy day. Yes last night was an atrocious result. Not the end of the world but close We showed our age at times and lack of experience at other times. It was a very poor exhibition of skills from both sides. Wayne Barnes did not help matters blowing his whistle every 10 seconds and stopping any hint of flow of play - but unlike a league person I am not blaming the ref for the result - just think he could have played a bit of advantage both ways at times. At least he had the balls to use the yellow card - something NRL refs lack. It looked clear after about 5 mins that we would lose. Its not often we lose (think that Richie's 15 lost as an AB in 141 matches) and when we do its clear as day after 5 mins - last night was no different. We dropped the ball repeatedly in the first few mins - writing was on the wall.

The ANZAZ efforts by the army ban before the game were tragic. But their singers did well for the national anthems. Some idiot from Australia - Bernard Foley - was doing kicks over the post during the last post - amazing. Finally someone told him to stop. Instead of staying where he was he buzzed off and ran almost right through them. Madness. Lack of respect. Most people (was surrounded by Aussies) around us thought we were seeing things as he lined up another kick. Incredible. Absolute disgrace.

I enjoyed the ANZ stadium - they have really lifted their game - loads of market stalls outside with street food - lamb shanks, Indian curries, kebabs, tasty soups etc - its a really nice touch. Transport to the game was a joy - a bus from Dee Why provided free of charge as was the return journey that took all of 40 mins. Hard to see why everyone complains so much about that joint.

But its just round one and to win the Bledisloe you will have to beat us in NZ shortly. Can not see that occurring - this was a good result - as Cobra would say - it was the game we needed to lose

But in all seriousness it was an absolute terrible game from both sides. The number of ball handling errors was huge given the quality of the Abs and some of the Aussies. If you were not a rugby fan watching that game you would wonder what all the fuss was about. I think Nick Fibs missed his man 3 times passing from the ruck.

Fark Ted what's with the dosier
That's farkin 500 words at least.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
9 Aug 2015 11:31PM
Thumbs Up

Scotty - poor result not end of the world. ANZ is a good place to watch a game

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
9 Aug 2015 11:45PM
Thumbs Up

Bronco's and Cowboys both on top after both getting walloped