Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..
go the dragons....and leave the BOOMS to me cobra

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
26 Aug 2015 11:23AM
Thumbs Up

Robbie farrah told to look elsewhere...... That's gotta be a good thing for the tigers

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
26 Aug 2015 3:10PM
Thumbs Up

Just seen the previous page fellas - bloody funny. Hope you all had fun finding those

SP
10979 posts
26 Aug 2015 4:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said...
Robbie farrah told to look elsewhere...... That's gotta be a good thing for the tigers

For a Mil a year he can F off. Not worth that sort of money now.
Just another example of a joke of a front office that have got about everything wrong since the merger..

They couldn't pay him what he was worth when he was playing good so they gave him the back ended deal and it has bit them in the arse... again...

Hope they let him leave with some dignity, been a great player for the Tiges.

Mick Potter must just be sitting at home laughing his head off and wondering who they blame next..

And finally JT is a complete ****wit...

Cobra
9106 posts
26 Aug 2015 5:01PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

chrispy said...

Just another example of a joke of a front office that have got about everything wrong since the merger..

They couldn't pay him what he was worth when he was playing good so they gave him the back ended deal and it has bit them in the arse... again...

Mick Potter must just be sitting at home laughing his head off and wondering who they blame next..

every coach that comes along,,he seams to struggle to get along with,just my 2c.

time for a change for him and the club,,IMO win win.

like you i hope the club gives him the send off he deserves.

thePup
13831 posts
26 Aug 2015 5:55PM
Thumbs Up

Geez there's going to be a few very different looking sides in 2016 - reading that Farah could lob at the Hares

Cobra
9106 posts
26 Aug 2015 5:57PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
Geez there's going to be a few very different looking sides in 2016 - reading that Farah could lob at the Hares

Noooooooooo

please say no.

SP
10979 posts
27 Aug 2015 11:23AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said...
SP said..

chrispy said...

every coach that comes along,,he seams to struggle to get along with,just my 2c.

time for a change for him and the club,,IMO win win.

like you i hope the club gives him the send off he deserves.

Id walk around like I owned the joint too if I was on twice the money as anyone else...

But I think your right, best to move on but the way I think is you have to pay him a mil so what? he gets 500 somewhere else? So we pay him 500 and have to find someone else that will cost 400..
I ain't good at maths but that is a sure way to go backwards...

Just another bloke we are paying to be somewhere else

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
27 Aug 2015 2:37PM
Thumbs Up

Who ever thought he worth a million a year in the backend of his career anyway.......sounds like a terrible contract right from the outset. I would not even want to pay him 300k a year. JT is worth 3 times as much as is GI. RF is just a solid player - nothing special big bucks should be for the big stars. Hard to justify RF as one of those.

thePup
13831 posts
27 Aug 2015 1:22PM
Thumbs Up

Backended contracts are in most sports now - clubs do it so they can sneak around the salary cap in certain years they know talent is coming onto the market
Gives room to move up front to make a play for free agents or simply to pay other team members more but in these cases like Farah it backfires badly

Apparently Tippett & particularly Franklin (the mega dollar man) at the Sydney Swans have 'em as well

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
27 Aug 2015 4:02PM
Thumbs Up

yeah they are around but they are a bit silly if you ask me in the NRL.

With the AFL I think the Buddy deal was a good one - in 9 years time his 1 million a year will be bargain compared to what the best guys will be getting at that stage - probably closer to 2 - as their salary cap will move up in line with the TV deals. They just chalked up another a huge TV rights deal. Look at what the Premier league in the UK is getting. It jumps massive every time it is renegotiated. TV rights deals will do that. See how much the Brits paid for the cricket rights in Australia the other day. Madness.

The NRL should be able to continue down the same path. Huge back ended deals over 3 or 4 years in league are not that smart though as you effectively have no real certainty that the salary cap will increase enough to reduce your overhead % on fixed salary costs. So you still end up in the same place as you started. You are effectively just bringing forward talent costs and making life tougher in a few years time. ie when it becomes someone else's problem. Tigers and Panthers are two classic examples in recent times.

thePup
13831 posts
27 Aug 2015 4:06PM
Thumbs Up

He'll be lucky to last another 5 Ted - no winner there except for Bud - how the hell Syddo agreed to that is beyond me his manager must have shot the motherload when the golden pens were whipped out on signature day

Cobra
9106 posts
27 Aug 2015 4:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Who ever thought he worth a million a year in the backend of his career anyway.......sounds like a terrible contract right from the outset. I would not even want to pay him 300k a year. JT is worth 3 times as much as is GI. RF is just a solid player - nothing special big bucks should be for the big stars. Hard to justify RF as one of those.

JT is worth 3 times as much as is GI….. are you on crack

Cobra
9106 posts
27 Aug 2015 5:45PM
Thumbs Up

earth to scotty

earth to scotty

come in scotty

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
27 Aug 2015 7:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..

Ted the Kiwi said..

JT is worth 3 times as much as is GI….. are you on crack

Have another read

JT is worth 3 times as much, as is GI

To my mind those two are the best players in the NRL by a mile - consistently delivering high grade performances year in year out. Head and shoulders above the next lot. They can change a game by themselves and do so often.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
27 Aug 2015 8:09PM
Thumbs Up

GI would have stopped that one. Should have tackled round the legs rugby style.

Cobra
9106 posts
27 Aug 2015 6:11PM
Thumbs Up

why didn't walker take oats out around the boots,,oats had no back up.

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
27 Aug 2015 8:11PM
Thumbs Up

On a roll fmd what a quick try

SP
10979 posts
27 Aug 2015 6:12PM
Thumbs Up

Milford is very handy..

Cobra
9106 posts
27 Aug 2015 6:12PM
Thumbs Up

3 runaways in 15min

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
27 Aug 2015 8:12PM
Thumbs Up

Champagne League that one Mac. You must be doing cartwheels right now.

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
27 Aug 2015 8:14PM
Thumbs Up

16 all

Broncos 16 time clock 16

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
27 Aug 2015 8:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

Yes mate but way too early to get carried away surely Souths will come back.

SP
10979 posts
27 Aug 2015 6:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
Ted the Kiwi said..

Been hearing that all year..

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
27 Aug 2015 8:19PM
Thumbs Up

Souths have only beaten one top side since early April - the Cowboys. Not been too good against the title contenders since the early part of the season - I think you will be ok Mac.

Cobra
9106 posts
27 Aug 2015 6:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

Ted the Kiwi said..

that is ted to a Tee

Cobra
9106 posts
27 Aug 2015 6:20PM
Thumbs Up

nearly another runaway

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
27 Aug 2015 8:22PM
Thumbs Up

Are you kidding me wow.

Cobra