Forums > Surfing Longboarding

The Comp Thread

Created by wavelength > 9 months ago, 10 Mar 2014
chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
1 Jun 2014 8:59AM
Thumbs Up

Sally charging,people on here have said her style is crap,would those same people paddle I.to this....bravo sally

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
1 Jun 2014 2:01PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..
On the chicks they have been blowing me away for awhile, unlike you ted.....this year is just a step up again.

I have been way impressed for a while Chrispy by several of them. On the whole they are much improved. I still think a few of them could have been better prepared for this event but given that the formula set out for them under the previous administration did not exactly encourage them to charge dredging reef breaks in the pacific I am thinking that this time next year we will see some much improved performances all round. I for one have said that I am not a fan of Sally's style - I would love to be able to surf half as good as her though compared to some of the others like Carissa and Steph who are ultra smooth. Sally's performances as the comp went on were just great to watch. Another few weeks over there and she would be shredding it. Looking forward to see how they perform next time they get some serious waves to play on. It has always annoyed me how the lads get the pick of the conditions at combined events. Its nice to see that the chicks got the best of it to themselves. Would be interested to see the viewing ratings from this comp compared to other girls events.

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
1 Jun 2014 2:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said...
Sally charging,people on here have said her style is crap,would those same people paddle I.to this....bravo sally

She is a little bummy with her style but that is just a girl thing. Kinda cute really. She charged so hard at cloudbreak hats off absolutely. I reckon all the girls are surfing amazing. Sally deserved to win but for absolute hard chargin Tyler Wright was my pick.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
1 Jun 2014 4:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

chrispy said..
On the chicks they have been blowing me away for awhile, unlike you ted.....this year is just a step up again.

I have been way impressed for a while Chrispy by several of them. On the whole they are much improved. I still think a few of them could have been better prepared for this event but given that the formula set out for them under the previous administration did not exactly encourage them to charge dredging reef breaks in the pacific I am thinking that this time next year we will see some much improved performances all round. I for one have said that I am not a fan of Sally's style - I would love to be able to surf half as good as her though compared to some of the others like Carissa and Steph who are ultra smooth. Sally's performances as the comp went on were just great to watch. Another few weeks over there and she would be shredding it. Looking forward to see how they perform next time they get some serious waves to play on. It has always annoyed me how the lads get the pick of the conditions at combined events. Its nice to see that the chicks got the best of it to themselves. Would be interested to see the viewing ratings from this comp compared to other girls events.

I follow many of the girls online and i think they really felt they had to charge. Use it or lose it type of scenario. Most seemed pretty chuffed with there attitude and commitment It was great and I'm hanging to watch the boys start..

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
1 Jun 2014 7:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

I follow many of the girls online

Should you be posting your inner most thoughts here

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
1 Jun 2014 6:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

jbshack said..

I follow many of the girls online

Should you be posting your inner most thoughts here

Haha i really enjoy the women surfing circuit.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
3 Jun 2014 9:16AM
Thumbs Up

Boys do battle today - its game on in 10 mins

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
3 Jun 2014 1:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

Boys do battle today - its game on in 10 mins

Windy again..

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
3 Jun 2014 3:34PM
Thumbs Up

Thats my size cloudbreak!!

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
3 Jun 2014 9:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..
i really enjoy the women surfing circuit.

Seems you are not the only one JB - we saw more responses when the chicks were on - maybe MF losing has upset a few of them I missed it as was at meetings or in the water - just watched the recap - some fun looking waves. JP and KS got some nice tubes. Seems its going to get too big during the waiting period but should be some nice contestable waves.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
3 Jun 2014 7:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

jbshack said..

Seems you are not the only one JB - we saw more responses when the chicks were on - maybe MF losing has upset a few of them I missed it as was at meetings or in the water - just watch the recap - some fun looking waves. JP and KS got some nice tubes. Seems its going to get too big during the waiting period but should be some nice contestable waves.

I think for many, Kelly winning so much has made it a bit bland. Me I'm getting behind MF or the Spartan..

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
3 Jun 2014 9:35PM
Thumbs Up

How fast was KS on his back hand

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
4 Jun 2014 6:43AM
Thumbs Up

yep - all the heat winners were fast yesterday. Looks like we are back on in a few mins today. It's on and looking a little less exciting than yesterday. Lets hope the swell builds as the day rolls on.

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
4 Jun 2014 8:45AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

I think for many, Kelly winning so much has made it a bit bland. Me I'm getting behind MF or the Spartan..

Not for me I could watch him surf all day long and not get bored....I would like to see someone else win the title though Josh Kerr, Taj, the Spartan or Jordy....

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
4 Jun 2014 9:32AM
Thumbs Up

Bede is looking good - very nice smooth style - a pleasure to watch.

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
4 Jun 2014 9:41AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

Bede is looking good - very nice smooth style - a pleasure to watch.

Did you see Jordy's heat yesterday he was smashing it....I'm still tipping him for the title

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
4 Jun 2014 9:50AM
Thumbs Up

yes - he did extremely well in some pretty tough windy conditions. Not sure he can get the title this year - needs to improve on those 9ths. Will need to win a couple of comps from here on in. Will be a good chance at a couple of them no doubt. Consistency is the key though - look at Fanning - did not really win anything but he made the semis almost every comp.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
4 Jun 2014 10:28AM
Thumbs Up

Jeepers they just showed Slater on a 666 cruising at Restaurants WTF is happening

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
4 Jun 2014 11:21AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

Jeepers they just showed Slater on a 666 cruising at Restaurants WTF is happening

I missed that but i did see JK pushing his 7 year old into Restaurants

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
4 Jun 2014 11:28AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

jbshack said..

Seems you are not the only one JB - we saw more responses when the chicks were on - maybe MF losing has upset a few of them I missed it as was at meetings or in the water - just watched the recap - some fun looking waves. JP and KS got some nice tubes. Seems its going to get too big during the waiting period but should be some nice contestable waves.

MFs first wave was awesome!! And Parkos barrel to massive cutback was the sh!t as well

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
4 Jun 2014 4:02PM
Thumbs Up

KS masterclass going down at the moment.

How funny are pro surfers compared to other professional sportspeople. The day is over and half of them are jumping into the lineup to grab a couple of waves before the sun goes down. Can not imagine it ever happening at the football !!!

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
4 Jun 2014 6:16PM
Thumbs Up

Owen Wright's side slip into the tube in his heat was epic - he was on fire today!

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
4 Jun 2014 4:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

Owen Wright's side slip into the tube in his heat was epic - he was on fire today!

Just watched the highlights id missed. Spartan was cranking, he could have dropped his top two waves and still won his heat

Owens fins were super lose, i haven't really watched to much of him and look forward to seeing some more. He just seemed super slippery

A bit of a shame about the wind IMHO..But i guess thats surfing.

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
4 Jun 2014 7:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

KS masterclass going down at the moment.

How funny are pro surfers compared to other professional sportspeople. The day is over and half of them are jumping into the lineup to grab a couple of waves before the sun goes down. Can not imagine it ever happening at the football !!!

True its obvious Souths don't do much training

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
4 Jun 2014 7:31PM
Thumbs Up

or Manly last week

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
5 Jun 2014 7:33AM
Thumbs Up

Its back on - Parko is through and JJF is looking pretty good. Its looking super fun out there today.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
5 Jun 2014 10:37AM
Thumbs Up

Filipe Toledo could be the most stylish surfer to ever come out of Brazil - he is silky smooth and very fast.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
5 Jun 2014 2:32PM
Thumbs Up

This quarter could decide the world title !

SP
10979 posts
5 Jun 2014 12:50PM
Thumbs Up

Go the Spartan........

Bloody internet connection is shot so I can't watch.....

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
5 Jun 2014 9:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

Go the Spartan........

Bloody internet connection is shot so I can't watch.....

Too busy today so just caught up on the Heat Analyser.. Wahoo Spartan all the way

Three wins would be very nice..

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"The Comp Thread" started by wavelength