The Good Morning thread

Created by towball > 9 months ago, 20 Jun 2012
SP
10979 posts
20 Jan 2016 7:23AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...
At least no one was hurt and you did not have the young one in the back !

Yeah, a friends mum passed away y'day so that put things in perspective pretty quick.

As you said no one hurt is the main thing...

Biggest pain is thats the car I could fit a LB in it, can't fit a 9'0 in a I30, I tried yesterday

Actually ended up taking your board out for a run.. Good fun board in little waves and that volume is great in a summer crowd..

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
20 Jan 2016 1:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tux said..

GizzieNZ said..

I think it looks nearly as cool as my longboard scooter trailer?

Convertibles are for girls and male hairdressers

Maybe......this car was on display at the local A & P Show with a blow up woman sitting in the passenger seat

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
21 Jan 2016 1:42PM
Thumbs Up

Heaps of people driving around early today looking for the "fast growing northeasterly swell". Was a no show....as was towball. The knee boarder slept in .....but was suitably sulky at the lack of surf when he did show up

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
21 Jan 2016 1:44PM
Thumbs Up

Red Bus was perfectly okay......just me and martin

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
21 Jan 2016 4:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

Actually ended up taking your board out for a run.. Good fun board in little waves and that volume is great in a summer crowd..

Nice to hear. What fins did you run in it? That board would have too much volume for you !

SP
10979 posts
21 Jan 2016 4:07PM
Thumbs Up

Haha, Yeah I feel a bit like the kid that stole dads boat for a few waves but It's good fun when it is small, fat and crowded. Something with a bit of punch would be a different story.

Been using some KS quads in it but got a set of keels for another board this week so if I take it out again I might put them in it. It is pretty loose with that big square tail.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
22 Jan 2016 8:21AM
Thumbs Up

Ha ha Hope you having some fun on it. Those big tails are so much fun when its small and soft - you can really push them out.

Hey Gizzie and TB - whats the best website to see whats happening in NZ these days? I see that surf.co.nz has shut down and surf2surf want to charge me. I just want to keep track of this weeks swell. Looks insane. I know where I would be heading thats for sure. A long right up on the Coromandel and hoping that the TC tracks a little more west. And then by the time I have finished on the east coast it would be time to hit those lefts just across and then those other lefts further north. Jeepers if I had not had so much work on at the minute and 3 staff away I would have been home to see the family. You going for a drive TB?

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
22 Jan 2016 12:33PM
Thumbs Up

Just this one ted www.marineweather.co.nz/forecasts/makorori-point
Surf 2 Surf still shows the wainui vid......swell finally seems to be getting here (surf 2 surf pic from an hour or so ago)

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
22 Jan 2016 12:36PM
Thumbs Up

Town beach has been tiny......Aquarian looking good to town this morning

towball
4627 posts
22 Jan 2016 2:08PM
Thumbs Up

Just suck it up and pay fifty bucks to surf2surf ted

bazz61
QLD, 3570 posts
22 Jan 2016 5:08PM
Thumbs Up

Mangawhai Bars looking real good ..... ... no more live surf cams for free Ted...

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
22 Jan 2016 6:16PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
towball said...

I would if I lived there or visited more often ! A mate sent me a pic of a nice wave on the Coro coast. Looked good !

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
22 Jan 2016 6:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bazz61 said...
Mangawhai Bars looking real good ..... ... no more live surf cams for free Ted...

Those waves north of there towards Keri Keri love that swell direction. I can think of lots of nice rights going unbidden next week !!

towball
4627 posts
23 Jan 2016 6:37AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

towball said...

I would if I lived there or visited more often ! A mate sent me a pic of a nice wave on the Coro coast. Looked good !

Had an email from Roger yesterday he said 2015 was the worst surf year up there in memory , but they have had waves every day so far this year
Can't say the same here

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
23 Jan 2016 11:21AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..

GizzieNZ said...

And Jack is nearly back......his excuse for his absence is that he was trying to find a way to carry his board on top of his BMW convertible......is it a Z3?

Surely he would get rocks thrown at him if he pulled up like that?

He is an "artist".......people throw rocks at him all the time......he would hardly notice

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
23 Jan 2016 11:25AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

towball said...

and if you have spent your whole life surfing.....why on earth would you pay $50 to surf 2 surf so you can go on surfing?
SHAME ON YOU SURF2 SURF !!!!!!

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
23 Jan 2016 11:39AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

GizzieNZ said..

thedrip said..

GizzieNZ said...

And Jack is nearly back......his excuse for his absence is that he was trying to find a way to carry his board on top of his BMW convertible......is it a Z3?

He is an "artist".......people throw rocks at him all the time......he would hardly notice

maybe he does strange things.....but some of his art is pretty good (but still strange)........makes small sculptures that are quite strange....but fun also

towball
4627 posts
23 Jan 2016 12:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GizzieNZ said..

GizzieNZ said..

thedrip said..

GizzieNZ said...

maybe he does strange things.....but some of his art is pretty good (but still strange)........makes small sculptures that are quite strange....but fun also

Didn't know you did the odd modelling job .

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
23 Jan 2016 1:29PM
Thumbs Up

how did you recognise me? Was it my fingernail polish?

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
23 Jan 2016 1:37PM
Thumbs Up

More Jack Straker stuff.....think towball is the shiny head guy ha ha

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
26 Jan 2016 6:51AM
Thumbs Up

Holden cars meat pies blah blah Happy Australia Day

E T
QLD, 2286 posts
26 Jan 2016 8:02AM
Thumbs Up

Enjoy your day off all.

Havecsome family fun and a few beers and snags.

I hope that no drunk bogans spoil it for people.

ET.

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
26 Jan 2016 10:28AM
Thumbs Up

vanders1
QLD, 3809 posts
26 Jan 2016 11:34AM
Thumbs Up

^^^ Madhouse........

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
27 Jan 2016 5:18AM
Thumbs Up

gooooooood morning all you lot

if your going to surf on the goldie better make it today.

the outlook is onshores

obct
NSW, 3487 posts
27 Jan 2016 6:47AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

I thought homo smut wasn't allowed on the forum

towball
4627 posts
29 Jan 2016 9:12AM
Thumbs Up

Afternoon all, Ted I have just had the best Steak & cheese for along time was going to take a photo half way through but it was saying eat me

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
29 Jan 2016 12:22PM
Thumbs Up

Envy !! Especially now it's approaching lunch time. You are cruel

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
4 Feb 2016 6:15PM
Thumbs Up

Not far from TB and Gizzie's place - made me feel a bit home sick

www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/General-Discussion/Chat/Sheep-pure-sheep/?page=-2#lastpost

SP
10979 posts
4 Feb 2016 3:38PM
Thumbs Up

Haha.. I saw that this morning, funny

I was going to use it too make a rude joke about your cricket team but us Australian are better sports then that

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"The Good Morning thread" started by towball