Forums > Surfing Longboarding

The Good Morning thread

Created by towball > 9 months ago, 20 Jun 2012
Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
7 Jan 2016 4:29PM
Thumbs Up

No he didn't JB he started to paddle away until Matt gave it to him,all he said was he was waiting for ages for a wave,Matt said so the only way you figured was to drop in,you should not be out here its above your ability.He will get his JB.

towball
4627 posts
8 Jan 2016 1:39AM
Thumbs Up

morning all, sorry to read about Matt mac hope he has a speedy recovery and back out there soon.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
8 Jan 2016 5:45AM
Thumbs Up

yeah hope matts alright.

had a guy try to fad me on a mal in hollow stuff just the other week.

copped his board across my quads.

it hurt. gave it to him. I was luck I suppose

anything can happen when guys do this in top to bottom waves

bazz61
QLD, 3570 posts
8 Jan 2016 8:52AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

Surf69 said..

Macaha said..

bazz61 said..
Red board single fin hipster with unusual stance ,was watching him the last big swell at Burleigh cove, dropped in on a few , got dropped in on by a few... the banks were good , some long rides double tubes going down.. 11 stitches f...ked board , you'd want some form of compensation....

A 100 kg guy around 30,local on white single,know him?

If he's a local he'll be back. Hopefully he'll be happy to help in some way.... if not replicate the destruction on his stick

Macaha said..

No he didn't JB he started to paddle away until Matt gave it to him,all he said was he was waiting for ages for a wave,Matt said so the only way you figured was to drop in,you should not be out here its above your ability.He will get his JB.

bazz61
QLD, 3570 posts
8 Jan 2016 8:56AM
Thumbs Up

havn't seen this surfer, will keep an eye out as I bike Spit to Burleigh a lot.

Al G
NSW, 7658 posts
8 Jan 2016 8:10PM
Thumbs Up

Sorry to hear Mac,hope your young bloke recovers quickly.Inconsiderate pr1ck,what goes around comes around!...

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
9 Jan 2016 12:13PM
Thumbs Up

A cool and groovy longboarding event next weekend (well you would want to be in gisborne I suppose)
Gina Samson posted in FAN PAGE O THE MOANANUI LONGRIDERS AND FRIENDS OF IAN 'MOTI ' PROCTER. Gina SamsonJanuary 9 at 1:22pm Hey all...Tony Ogle and I are organising a Surf Swap Sale next Saturday 16th Jan in the carpark outside my shop at 3 Oneroa Road....so why not have a clean out of all that surf related gear that you never use...bring it down from 9am till 2pm ;stick your price on it n sell,trade it or buy....hats;magaziness;boards;clothing;leggies;wetsuits;boogie boards or even a SUP dare i say it.Musical instruments more than welcome to help pass the time...fingers crossed for good weather...spread the word

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
14 Jan 2016 1:05PM
Thumbs Up

ripped off my f/bk page.....the local big longboarding event (even towball enters)
" Makorori First Light contest being held on 27th feb 2016. Start training now for the event and ............................dont forget Ginas surf stuff swap or sell out side her shop next to the church at Wainui beach .......this saturday 15th Jan bring an instrument to play perhaps or ........................just play...............the fool ..........or with some one ......or something ........or somehow......................its all fun.................. if no one gets hurt"

SP
10979 posts
15 Jan 2016 9:36AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GizzieNZ said..
ripped off my f/bk page.....the local big longboarding event (even towball enters)
" Makorori First Light contest being held on 27th feb 2016. Start training now for the event and ............................dont forget Ginas surf stuff swap or sell out side her shop next to the church at Wainui beach .......this saturday 15th Jan bring an instrument to play perhaps or ........................just play...............the fool ..........or with some one ......or something ........or somehow......................its all fun.................. if no one gets hurt"

Thanks for nominating yourself as the LB rooms official photographer... we expect photos.

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
15 Jan 2016 12:40PM
Thumbs Up

Good morning all,always good to get out of the right side of bed.

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
15 Jan 2016 1:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

GizzieNZ said..

Thanks for nominating yourself as the LB rooms official photographer... we expect photos.

I dunno......the "look at me look at meeeee" contest scene not really my cup of tea. Also don't like rugby or cricket.
Quite nice small waves at town beach this morning......towball just wouldn't do it
excuses were "its too small" "I can't be bothered" "I'm going home" "I'll just go to work early"

towball
4627 posts
15 Jan 2016 1:38PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GizzieNZ said..

SP said..

GizzieNZ said..

I dunno......the "look at me look at meeeee" contest scene not really my cup of tea. Also don't like rugby or cricket.
Quite nice small waves at town beach this morning......towball just wouldn't do it
excuses were "its too small" "I can't be bothered" "I'm going home" "I'll just go to work early"

Might have to be a paddle round the island again in da morn ready to get yer arse kicked again

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
17 Jan 2016 12:04PM
Thumbs Up

The only reason you kicked my arse was because you were on a 33 inch wide table top and I was on a 29 inch wide curvy bottom one with quite a lot of rocker!!!! But yep.......you were the winner
The swap meet looked quite colourful. Didn't get there myself....this off the f/bk page

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
17 Jan 2016 12:14PM
Thumbs Up

And Jack is nearly back......his excuse for his absence is that he was trying to find a way to carry his board on top of his BMW convertible......is it a Z3?

towball
4627 posts
17 Jan 2016 12:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GizzieNZ said..

And Jack is nearly back......his excuse for his absence is that he was trying to find a way to carry his board on top of his BMW convertible......is it a Z3?

You gotta be kidding me unbelievable might have to find a name for him

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
17 Jan 2016 12:40PM
Thumbs Up

I think it looks nearly as cool as my longboard scooter trailer?

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
17 Jan 2016 12:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GizzieNZ said...

Surely he would get rocks thrown at him if he pulled up like that?

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
17 Jan 2016 12:54PM
Thumbs Up

That old Bonga Perkins SUP that he uses as a longboard is looking a bit shabby......but fear not !!! Have sold him my starboard 10'3 gun.
I actually think its probably a very good "big person" surfboard

towball
4627 posts
17 Jan 2016 1:09PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GizzieNZ said..
That old Bonga Perkins SUP that he uses as a longboard is looking a bit shabby......but fear not !!! Have sold him my starboard 10'3 gun.
I actually think its probably a very good "big person" surfboard

Mind you when I think about it he did glue carpet on the Bonga for a deck pad so I shouldn't be surprized

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
17 Jan 2016 1:12PM
Thumbs Up

I did tell him people might look at him a bit strange

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
17 Jan 2016 1:14PM
Thumbs Up

and he said carpet was cheaper than a deck pad

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
17 Jan 2016 1:44PM
Thumbs Up

There are probably quite a few "larger" people that want to surf who will never find a good fit with a short board because of their weight....or with an average mal because of their weight. Some of the narrower sup shapes are probably a potential good option ?

SP
10979 posts
19 Jan 2016 8:48AM
Thumbs Up

Good f ING day....
Where is the punch thread???

My New car... 1 Dumb ****, Big Bang...

My new car isn't so new anymore...

Only upside is, can't get to work so I got a few waves instead.

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
19 Jan 2016 1:03PM
Thumbs Up

Got a shiny new warrant of fitness today for my 96 mazda familia
was standing outside testing station holding my cairn terrier when a woman handed me her business card......business motto was something like "dirty dogs done dirt cheap" dog grooming that is

towball
4627 posts
19 Jan 2016 1:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GizzieNZ said..
Got a shiny new warrant of fitness today for my 96 mazda familia
was standing outside testing station holding my cairn terrier when a woman handed me her business card......business motto was something like "dirty dogs done dirt cheap" dog grooming that is

Bet you got excited there for a minute

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
19 Jan 2016 3:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..
Good f ING day....

Just read this SP that sounds like it sucks,what happened?

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
19 Jan 2016 4:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..
Good f ING day....

hmmm. bad luck

SP
10979 posts
19 Jan 2016 3:09PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah bad luck indeed...

Mac just the usual **** driving you see these days. old love wasn't looking,I was stopped at the lights and she drove into me.

I saw the moment in my rear view when she saw me. But too late.

Car is a bit messed up boot all smashed in but **** happens eh.

Feels nearly as bad as dinging a new board...

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
20 Jan 2016 7:36AM
Thumbs Up

At least no one was hurt and you did not have the young one in the back !

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
20 Jan 2016 7:43AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GizzieNZ said..

I think it looks nearly as cool as my longboard scooter trailer?

Convertibles are for girls and male hairdressers

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"The Good Morning thread" started by towball