Forums > Surfing Longboarding

The Good Morning thread

Created by towball > 9 months ago, 20 Jun 2012
GizzieNZ
4102 posts
29 Feb 2016 12:29PM
Thumbs Up

thought tow ball would have been amongst the top contenders.....but nah
At least he's got another year to intensify his training for the next one. Could be hard to out perform chris ransley in the over 60 department though
"Makorori First Light event a great day with great small waves ,great folks there and great ambience .Thanks again to Dave Timbs and his loyal helpers who all pitched it for the not for profit happy community cause. Moananui members featured strongly in the finals with first placings to Chris Ransley of 1960s fame in the over 60s final and Blair Lambert first in the over 40s final.Other notable Moananui member placings in finals were Darren Kahukoti, Robo Timbs, Kelly Ryan,Raniera-Hoori Procter,Dave Timbs,Ronnie Amman ,Frikister Breckell,Jane Pitkethley,Gina Samson and Moti.A fine endeavour by the others in the club for making the effort to support ourthe community.........."your placings in our hearts mean more, than the placing" on a trophy".

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
1 Mar 2016 1:45PM
Thumbs Up

Some pics from the contest

towball
4627 posts
3 Mar 2016 2:31AM
Thumbs Up

Good morning all Ted guess were

towball
4627 posts
3 Mar 2016 2:38AM
Thumbs Up

Heading South got 21days of cursing sitting in Wellington this morning wait to do the 3 1/2hour Fairy trip to the South Island .

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
3 Mar 2016 5:23AM
Thumbs Up

Terrible life towball enjoy the time away mate.

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
3 Mar 2016 1:47PM
Thumbs Up

hope we are talking about 21 days of cruising and not 21 days of cursing

thePup
13831 posts
3 Mar 2016 2:01PM
Thumbs Up

Good luck to you TB - hope the winnebago sojourn is a ripper & goes sweetly brother

Note: A bit a sadness over there today with the passing of a Kiwi cricketing legend MD Crowe - RIP champion !

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
3 Mar 2016 4:38PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GizzieNZ said..

21 days,so is that 21 laps of NZD

towball
4627 posts
3 Mar 2016 2:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
Good luck to you TB - hope the winnebago sojourn is a ripper & goes sweetly brother

Note: A bit a sadness over there today with the passing of a Kiwi cricketing legend MD Crowe - RIP champion !

Yep sad day indeed bloody cancer .only just got to see the news .

towball
4627 posts
3 Mar 2016 2:52PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
How do they back something this big in one shot straight as a die

Macaha said..

GizzieNZ said..

21 days,so is that 21 laps of NZD

There is a good SE swell happening so hope I get something Kiakoura tomorrow

SP
10979 posts
3 Mar 2016 3:01PM
Thumbs Up

Living the dream TB...

IFocus
WA, 582 posts
4 Mar 2016 1:06PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..

Nice one Mick....hope to be in some of those places April/May

towball
4627 posts
6 Mar 2016 1:51AM
Thumbs Up

'Seeing as Pup enjoys the scenery heres some more . Had three surfs here the swell was ok Friday but dropped for Saturday so moved south . The hills still have snow at Christmas and look a bit better

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
6 Mar 2016 5:34AM
Thumbs Up

Keep the pick coming towball. You really do live in a beautiful country.

I wish I had this peep as my teacher

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
6 Mar 2016 11:53AM
Thumbs Up

Nice work TB. Here is one from yesterday. I love the wet season. Makes everything nice and green

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
6 Mar 2016 11:16AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
towball said..
'Seeing as Pup enjoys the scenery heres some more . Had three surfs here the swell was ok Friday but dropped for Saturday so moved south . The hills still have snow at Christmas and look a bit better

Think Towball doesn't want to say where he is because he can't spell it......Mangamaunu

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
6 Mar 2016 11:31AM
Thumbs Up

but quite tiny here today also.......,.was emotionally compelled to take Friday afternoon off work to surf town beach (too scary for me to paddle out early morning).....then Saturday morning was really good at town (even jack went out)

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
6 Mar 2016 11:33AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GizzieNZ said...
towball said..

Think Towball doesn't want to say where he is because he can't spell it......Mangamaunu

Itowball would not post anything if he had a issue with his spelling.

The pick.are what we want

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
6 Mar 2016 11:52AM
Thumbs Up

Pics are good

towball
4627 posts
6 Mar 2016 1:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GizzieNZ said..
but quite tiny here today also.......,.was emotionally compelled to take Friday afternoon off work to surf town beach (too scary for me to paddle out early morning).....then Saturday morning was really good at town (even jack went out)

Um there is a sewage alert in town if you believe surf2surf I had two ok surfs at Mangamaunu Friday. Just got to Christchurch

towball
4627 posts
7 Mar 2016 11:30AM
Thumbs Up

Christchurch, weather not so good Stayed at NZMCA park just some of the RV's lot of people living the dream , some lost homes I suspect from the Earthquakes .Maybe head over the westcoast tomorrow

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
7 Mar 2016 1:50PM
Thumbs Up

Is this the next step in life before you get too old to move?

SP
10979 posts
7 Mar 2016 3:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...
Nice work TB. Here is one from yesterday. I love the wet season. Makes everything nice and green

Great colors..

towball
4627 posts
8 Mar 2016 3:51AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

Could be lot of old people doing it, seems to be a lot of older woman on there own Gizzie's lived in a bus for a long time he's bloody old

thePup
13831 posts
8 Mar 2016 4:18AM
Thumbs Up

A big fat good morning to you TB .... and all other champions .... packing the gear for an early surf long weekend critters should be gone hope to score a couple

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
8 Mar 2016 12:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
towball said..

Macaha said..

Could be lot of old people doing it, seems to be a lot of older woman on there own Gizzie's lived in a bus for a long time he's bloody old

Never lived in one of those plastic thingies.......lived probably 20 years in ML Bedford bus . But that had wooden house and lofts on top of it.
Looks like you are welcome anywhere.......us house truckers not welcome to join the NZ motor caravan association (too hippy and deviant and with wood on outside of home and not plastic)........And lots of motor camps where if you knocked on their door they looked at you and your vehicle and said "sorry no room at the inn"

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
8 Mar 2016 12:16PM
Thumbs Up

Mine kind of looked like this except it was a Bedford

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
8 Mar 2016 12:25PM
Thumbs Up

You should have seen Martin this morning.....unexpectedly nice surf at town beach. Just me and a ridiculously nice guy on a longboard out first (I mean .....how many long boarders say to a guy on a sup that we can both take off on a wave because there is room for both of us!!!) Then we went in and it was just Martin out there. He was in heaven

towball
4627 posts
9 Mar 2016 1:42AM
Thumbs Up

The drive from east coast to west

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
9 Mar 2016 3:45AM
Thumbs Up

Great shots TB keep them coming.

Good to see I'm not the only one up at this early hour,I'm off the work

Subscribe