Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
climber
NSW, 1125 posts
7 Mar 2014 4:37PM
Thumbs Up

Same spot as yesterday...bloody kooked f'ed up most bottom turnsit for the first hour (f'ed up most bottom turns) then got it together for the last hour......very tide dependent due to the 2ft+ swell.
The shape was freakin awesome when it happened...
Now for and arvo surf....no wind here and falling tide to make the banks work again...just be nice to be 2ft bigger

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
7 Mar 2014 2:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..

smicko said..

Heading your way today Pup. Woot woooooot!!

shizz I went straight after work and missed your post - hope ya found a sheltered nook brother

Pus. Didn't bother going out. Wish I'd had the time to go the other way.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
7 Mar 2014 3:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smicko said..

thePup said..

smicko said..

shizz I went straight after work and missed your post - hope ya found a sheltered nook brother

I spent nearly 2 hours with a Kneelo today..Fun waves but a LOOOOOOOONG wait between sets..
I would have been loads more fun on a LB

thePup
13831 posts
7 Mar 2014 5:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smicko said..

thePup said..

smicko said..

yeah it wasn't too flash Mick .... did you try Egypts or the Dump at least there was a Crab & Fetta Pie to eat perhaps

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
7 Mar 2014 7:17PM
Thumbs Up

i surfed perfect 3 ft low tide alley barrelling off the point.....

when i woke and went to surf the alley it was low tide,lumpy, slightly one shore half assed fun 3' waves

better than nothing

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
7 Mar 2014 10:33PM
Thumbs Up

Well LL its still summer conditions here. Had two surfs today in the end. Both on the LB and one with out a fin for a few waves - entertaining. Anyway I am sick of these summer like conditions - where the hell is some autumn weather patterns.

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
8 Mar 2014 1:17AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..

smicko said..

thePup said..

smicko said..

yeah it wasn't too flash Mick .... did you try Egypts or the Dump at least there was a Crab & Fetta Pie to eat perhaps

If the Dump wasn't full of weed I might've given it a crack on the northerly, but I'm a bit of a fussy prick.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
8 Mar 2014 7:10AM
Thumbs Up

A lay day for DJ super chrunch...and not looking good for my first comp tomorrow

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
8 Mar 2014 3:32PM
Thumbs Up

flat flat flat....less than a foot here. Very different to the last few days, it just dropped off bigt ime 10-15 guys on a just surfable peak....coffee was better

Teacake
TAS, 1099 posts
8 Mar 2014 6:01PM
Thumbs Up

6-8 foot howling offshore washing machine for me today, no choice for me either. Comps are frustrating sometimes.

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
8 Mar 2014 3:14PM
Thumbs Up

Town beach....very clean but punchy at dead low tide with gentle offshore 4 to 6 foot .
Six foot plus up at makorori (friend James who snapped board at inner island last sunday while the rest of us were cowering at cliffs kaiti beach said his friends placed mak more in the 10 foot range)

SushiSurfer
7 posts
9 Mar 2014 10:32AM
Thumbs Up

Gonna go Currumbin Alley today. Went there yesterday, morning was dumpy but afternoon was nice and clean!

MickPC
8266 posts
9 Mar 2014 1:03PM
Thumbs Up

Had a few small fun ones on the 6 at the local today & was treated to some familiar eye candy. Unfortunately was not able to tell if she had been maintaining the Hitlers moustache or whatever Pup named it lol

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
9 Mar 2014 4:41PM
Thumbs Up

Just got back from small crappy windblown waves down the local. It was rubbish but better than nothing.

thePup
13831 posts
9 Mar 2014 3:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..

Had a few small fun ones on the 6 at the local today & was treated to some familiar eye candy. Unfortunately was not able to tell if she had been maintaining the Hitlers moustache or whatever Pup named it lol

That was just magnificent Mick - mamma mia I thank the lord for inventing the skimpy Biki brother lucky fecker ya are today I'm at work last day geez

thePup
13831 posts
9 Mar 2014 3:55PM
Thumbs Up

Sieg Heil Mein Fuehrer

MickPC
8266 posts
9 Mar 2014 4:02PM
Thumbs Up

haha...well apart from that you didn't miss much mate, was only a little bigger than last week. You will probably score tomorrow

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
9 Mar 2014 7:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..

Just got back from small crappy windblown waves down the local. It was rubbish but better than nothing.

I surfed this morning in some 1ft glassy sliders - it was not better than nothing

thePup
13831 posts
9 Mar 2014 6:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..

haha...well apart from that you didn't miss much mate, was only a little bigger than last week. You will probably score tomorrow

got my Talisman perched & polished plus fingers on both hands crossed Mick .... you look sick too mate better call work I'll sign the stat dec for ya

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
9 Mar 2014 10:16PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

smh said..

I surfed this morning in some 1ft glassy sliders - it was not better than nothing

I'm with Ted..glassy 1 ft beachies.at BH...maybe not sliders.
Surfed a shorty as my son grabbed my midlength... then he surfed for 2hrs..was awesome to (sit back and) watch he and another 2 kids about 12yrs old (all on 7-8ft "mals")...they just rode this little break for hours one of them ending teaching himself how to nose ride
It was brilliant to watch

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
10 Mar 2014 8:59AM
Thumbs Up

Classic. Love to be 12 again - knowing what I know now

Looks like those kiwis are going to get some hell waves later this week from the north - some real late season magic heading their way. Tempted to jump a plane over the ditch ! ! ! Some interesting setups when you get a real north swell like this - places that hardly ever see any swell turn it on like on!

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
10 Mar 2014 9:17AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

Classic. Love to be 12 again - knowing what I know now

Looks like those kiwis are going to get some hell waves later this week from the north - some real late season magic heading their way. Tempted to jump a plane over the ditch ! ! ! Some interesting setups when you get a real north swell like this - places that hardly ever see any swell turn it on like on!

Looking good Ted. I'm on my way out to get a few now.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
10 Mar 2014 6:24AM
Thumbs Up

Another forced lay daystill,it's nice sleeping weather for a change

thePup
13831 posts
10 Mar 2014 11:02AM
Thumbs Up

homey .... but it really was pretty lame , some very nice ones occasionally but so bloody inco .... still a wave is a wave is a wave

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
11 Mar 2014 11:49AM
Thumbs Up

The swell has picked up a bit here out of the south so it was a lot better today than yesterday. Had a few nice waves and did some board swapping out there as well.

Teacake
TAS, 1099 posts
11 Mar 2014 1:51PM
Thumbs Up

Nothing as of yet, getting into schoolwork after yesterday's fun!

thePup
13831 posts
11 Mar 2014 11:55AM
Thumbs Up

up early in around 530 first light-ish & got about 2 hours of not bad gear all to myself .... then the tap turned off and the wind started

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
12 Mar 2014 11:29AM
Thumbs Up

OMG...WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO...waves
2 beachie to 4ft on the sets and off-shore. Sets were brilliant, only 4 guys out so you could choose the wave...magic.. looooong lefts
Faaarrkkiinn frothin after that one..been a while
oh...where...in front of my house

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
12 Mar 2014 11:51AM
Thumbs Up

Tiny down here. Paddled up the beach and right around the headland. Cloudy conditions made the water look black. Creepy
Cant wait for this swell to hit.

pete53
NSW, 243 posts
12 Mar 2014 11:57AM
Thumbs Up

S

Select to expand quote
smh said..

Tiny down here. Paddled up the beach and right around the headland. Cloudy conditions made the water look black. Creepy
Cant wait for this swell to hit.

Sorry that,s my fault I,ve got the opportunity for a couple of late starts which too often means wrong tide or no swell.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo