Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
vanders1
QLD, 3809 posts
22 May 2014 9:43AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...
beautiful morning - lovely sunrise 2 to 3ft running lefts. Heaven. Looks like the next 4 days will be good as well. Hitting the road this arvo in anticipation

Enjoy ya time north mate & safe travels.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
22 May 2014 7:45AM
Thumbs Up

Had another fun morning on the beachies. Slight rain,glassy and some nice runners. All round good fun

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
22 May 2014 12:56PM
Thumbs Up

Grabbed a couple of quick ones this morning...kinda small but nice shape

asea
NSW, 5510 posts
22 May 2014 2:20PM
Thumbs Up

sick of working things about to change

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
23 May 2014 10:29AM
Thumbs Up

Some nice waves breaking right in front of base this morning More snaps later as I have to get back out there

thePup
13831 posts
23 May 2014 8:41AM
Thumbs Up

Geez I would like 2 hours of that

vanders1
QLD, 3809 posts
23 May 2014 10:53AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...
Some nice waves breaking right in front of base this morning More snaps later as I have to get back out there

Bit cleaner than the day I was there, I reckon you just might have a bit of fun there Ted, enjoy mate.

MickPC
8266 posts
23 May 2014 11:23AM
Thumbs Up

Looks great Ted, send some of that over here please

thePup
13831 posts
24 May 2014 11:30AM
Thumbs Up

Absolutely out of control stormy windy large this morning here , cray pots & shizz washing up everywhere - odd jobs day now

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
24 May 2014 2:49PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed with TB in absolute LM /G perfection three hours of it in fact,to send him off on a great note.

Oh your blatant pimp on mid length boards has no merit,its just a pimp,my mctavish EVO killed it today.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
24 May 2014 6:11PM
Thumbs Up

Mid length heaven today at the alley. Catch a wave and carve. On other hand two 'cool 'guys surfing with short sleeved collared shirts completely unbuttoned_ toss bags

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
24 May 2014 6:58PM
Thumbs Up

just got back from a late arvo sesh was out till dark, water temp was beautiful took the 1mm vest but didnt need it.looking forward to the morning and offshore

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
24 May 2014 7:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
weiry said...
just got back from a late arvo sesh was out till dark, water temp was beautiful took the 1mm vest but didnt need it.looking forward to the morning and offshore

Redline

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
24 May 2014 8:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
weiry said...

Redline

No surfed the shore-break this arvo mac. tomorrow mac

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
24 May 2014 11:44PM
Thumbs Up

Words can not describe today. Will see if I can pull some pics or vid together when I get home

thePup
13831 posts
25 May 2014 4:10AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
Surfed with TB in absolute LM /G perfection three hours of it in fact,to send him off on a great note.

Oh your blatant pimp on mid length boards has no merit,its just a pimp,my mctavish EVO killed it today.

It was awesome you spunkbubble bitch

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
25 May 2014 11:38AM
Thumbs Up

With Lacey and the little bitch gets barreled more perfection happy Sunday currently at post surf HQ

vanders1
QLD, 3809 posts
25 May 2014 11:51AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
With Lacey and the little bitch gets barreled more perfection happy Sunday currently at post surf HQ

Happy for you blokes but disappointed I couldn't be there to share it.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
25 May 2014 10:21AM
Thumbs Up

Glad to hear you all scored..... Yet we scored some beachie deliciousness that you would have drooled over head high and bigger,water like oil and some nice bowls drops with nice whackable lips....then get the section bends your knees and get away from the sun for a bit.......I lacked the last bit but tried my hardest

Crowd factor was pfffft..... Beautiful banks everywhere

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
25 May 2014 1:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vanders1 said...
Macaha said...

Happy for you blokes but disappointed I couldn't be there to share it.

The little old lady at the coffee shop was asking about you today

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
25 May 2014 5:05PM
Thumbs Up

I love my hotlog

Nozza
VIC, 2855 posts
25 May 2014 9:39PM
Thumbs Up

At last I can reply.
Shoreham!
Concentration on the face of the fat man!

thePup
13831 posts
25 May 2014 8:18PM
Thumbs Up

I slept after nightshift ...... and missed three fifths of diddly squat rat's arse fark all .... windy onshore crap geez

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
25 May 2014 10:51PM
Thumbs Up

Winki was fun today!

Coped a wicked fin chop to the right ankle! (My own fin - got clipped taking the high-fast-line...) Needed 5 minutes for the pain to go away... No external bleeding! The cold water probably reduced the severity of the injury! And right now, it pretty much fine. Wouldn't want to run 5km, but it's fine...

MickPC
8266 posts
26 May 2014 5:05PM
Thumbs Up

Surf was way smaller than I expected today after all the wind we've had & how big it was yesterday. I wasn't going to go out....last night I was looking at short boards around 6'2 trying to decide what to get next, like in a few months. I was probably going to get a Firewire 6'0. Mainly coz I was keen to wash the dust off my future fins.

I stumbled on this thing called a psychodelic germ by Hayden Shapes that is on special at the moment. It has a couple of interesting features & looks like it surfs pretty good. I went to the shop today to see one in the flesh & they had a new condition second handy for 1/2 price. So I grabbed it & went for a surf this arvo.

This thing is awesome, it cuts back so nice & the "displacement hull" LOL seems to work great in bumpy conditions like today when riding a LB would just plain suck....Its been a good day

Displacement Hull

It has really weird flyers that almost turn back out. Hard to show, so next for pics are trying to show them.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
26 May 2014 7:13PM
Thumbs Up

Nice score Mick - Hayden got voted shaper of the year at the Industry awards the other week for his Hypto. For a fella who has not been shaping long he sure makes a wicked board. I like how he has embraced new techniques and is having a crack. Good on him. I think you will have lots of fun on that board. Mini Simmons normally have a very similar hull entry point and a few others notables are also employing that concept - bringing back the old ideas with a modern twist I think LL might even have one

MickPC
8266 posts
26 May 2014 5:19PM
Thumbs Up

I've seen them on racing/downwinding 666'ers. But not on a surfboard lol. The Hypto is a popular board, but I already have a couple of wide tail boards. This things widest point is only 19.5, I think it will go great in bigger waves...but was surprised at how well it paddled into the chubby chest heights I surfed today. Its really fast for a thruster too

thePup
13831 posts
26 May 2014 6:10PM
Thumbs Up

Waiting impatiently for a couple of days mate ..... very impatiently ...... very very very very impatiently

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
26 May 2014 7:31PM
Thumbs Up

Love the cheeky half hour surf before dark on way home from work...topped off with a couple of rums to warm the cockles

MickPC
8266 posts
27 May 2014 6:47PM
Thumbs Up

Had some fun surfing the local beachy today on the new shorty testing out the displacement hull designed for bumpy conditions that we get a lot of over here It went well

Next couple of days are looking good for the WA crew

& stoked I had my holidays approved for September School holidays, gonna go to Bali staying in Tuban & Cangu or East coast depending on swell size

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo