Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
21 Mar 2015 6:02PM
Thumbs Up

surfed little glassy waves on a the learner schools soft boards....if it was a comp for the most fun...well today I took home the bacon. some very funny **** was going down

MickPC
8266 posts
21 Mar 2015 6:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Unlucky or should I say lucky Mick ! Glad you are ok. Fixing dings is much more fun than skin. What nose rider did you go with in the end?

Cheers mate, yes I agree...I'm over it now & just had the family over for BBQ today. Fumi's said a couple of times, oh he's getting a new board in regard to birthday money recieved. So sounds like she understands my need for a new board...she's pretty awesome

At this point I'm looking at the 10' Modern Retro or something very similar. Friend I consider to be the best local longboarder cuts back & nose rides very well on his. But I'm still open at this point if someone is selling a 10' flat rockered very wide longboard that doesn't weigh a ton

Had some fun waves this morning too, looks like peoples phone apps told them not to surf today or something lol

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
21 Mar 2015 8:25PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^
Wow what a chop! There would have been some serious damage if that was you not the board. Speaking of new boards...spied an awesome new Clearwater crumpet with blue resin tint the other week. My volume and dimensions and everything. Quickly sold my existing board on gumtree to afford it..went back to the shop to pick it up only to find out someone else already got it bugger

thePup
13831 posts
21 Mar 2015 9:06PM
Thumbs Up

Oh well 'vibes get on the blower & order one direct from Steve - he'll deliver it to your door as he goes past to the shop

RonnieRon
WA, 20 posts
21 Mar 2015 9:48PM
Thumbs Up

I spent the morning with these legends at the Disabled Surfers Association WA. It is one of the most inspiring things I have been a part of, in and out of the water. I highly recommend taking part of the next event in your state!

Cobra
9106 posts
22 Mar 2015 12:09AM
Thumbs Up

^^ Biggest green thumb I could give there champ
made my day.

MickPC
8266 posts
22 Mar 2015 12:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ctngoodvibes said..
^^^^
Wow what a chop! There would have been some serious damage if that was you not the board. Speaking of new boards...spied an awesome new Clearwater crumpet with blue resin tint the other week. My volume and dimensions and everything. Quickly sold my existing board on gumtree to afford it..went back to the shop to pick it up only to find out someone else already got it bugger

Yeah best dings I've ever had by a long shot lol & stoked it was the board & not me...what dims was the crumpet

Four days of fun surf now, thanks heaps Huey...can't believe the weekends been quieter than the week. Hopefully surf another 4 before I fly out

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
22 Mar 2015 12:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
RonnieRon said..
I spent the morning with these legends at the Disabled Surfers Association WA. It is one of the most inspiring things I have been a part of, in and out of the water. I highly recommend taking part of the next event in your state!

good stuff mate. im so proud to be a part of such a great organisation.....always needing more peeps to come help out....will be one of the best things you will ever do

vanders1
QLD, 3808 posts
22 Mar 2015 2:31PM
Thumbs Up

A pretty ordinary start to the day with some pretty crappy waves at LM with mac & Lacey, followed by some nicer cleaner sliders at The Alley while paying tribute to macca.

Still any time in the water having a crack is better than not being in the water.

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
22 Mar 2015 12:38PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said...
Ctngoodvibes said..
^^^^

Yeah best dings I've ever had by a long shot lol & stoked it was the board & not me...what dims was the crumpet

Four days of fun surf now, thanks heaps Huey...can't believe the weekends been quieter than the week. Hopefully surf another 4 before I fly out

Was a 6'0 and 37 litres ..perfect for my fat arse ha ha. Spewing I missed it and yes pup will probably order a custom.

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
23 Mar 2015 1:11PM
Thumbs Up

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
23 Mar 2015 1:12PM
Thumbs Up

^ that was today... I surfed Winki. Smoking!

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
23 Mar 2015 1:12PM
Thumbs Up

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
23 Mar 2015 2:30PM
Thumbs Up

That looks magnificent Simondo. Glad you are getting good ones. I surfed a nice right hand reef break. Pretty hollow at times and a touch of surface bump but pretty good fun - about 4ft on the sets although the bigger ones were fairly infrequent. Lots of current moving up the reef with the incoming tide. We have had big tides the last few days. Crowd wise not to bad - peaked at about 15.

MickPC
8266 posts
23 Mar 2015 11:41AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Simondo said..
^ that was today... I surfed Winki. Smoking!

+ 1 Awesome pics

Ted pics please mate!

Had my 5th day surfing in a row, very nice after 3 weeks of crapola...very few in the water, smaller but fun

thePup
13831 posts
23 Mar 2015 11:42AM
Thumbs Up

Smoking Grom smoking cheers

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
23 Mar 2015 2:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..

thePup said..
Good dawn today much straighter good fun still a bit of size too ... then it got a bit of North onto it and to top it off - half of Perf's numptys rocked up & farked it I seriously don't know how the decent Perfites handle their crappy habits !!

I was too tired & depressed to surf today after this happened yesterday. There was like a medium size set wave & a bomb out the back. They both stood up for a long time before breaking like it was yesterday after the tide kicked in...I saw like 5 guys paddling for this bomb & then I couldn't see anything with this first medium set wave blocking my view. I paddled over it & the bomb was close behind it with my friend Marshall just taking off straight for me. All I had time to do was try & get as deep underwater as possible. Came up with Marshall saying he was so sorry. I was pretty happy I hadn't got injured, but got one of the worst dings I've ever had apart from snapping boards. I got 2 of these & had to head straight in & grab another board. Ended up having a great surf on the old Mardi Gra, but spewing eh

Clearwater Vs Clearwater, his board was fine. Very lucky he did not rip his fin plugs out, they're a bitch to repair. This is ugly but an easy repair at least

Ouch!!

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
23 Mar 2015 3:23PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said...

+ 1 Awesome pics

Ted pics please mate!

Had my 5th day surfing in a row, very nice after 3 weeks of crapola...very few in the water, smaller but fun

5 days straight - nice work. Conditions looked good Friday last time I checked them for you

No camera for me at the moment as I am predominantly surfing a reef out to sea. If I head to Ulu's tom I shall take a few pics for ya. Its been a while since I have been left and am missing it

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
23 Mar 2015 3:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Simondo said..

I am still fronting over this photo Simondo. That is an absolutely epic shot. Must have looked at 10 times already !

thePup
13831 posts
23 Mar 2015 1:10PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah cracking rights so pure

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
24 Mar 2015 8:55AM
Thumbs Up

Just had the best surf in a long time @ LM on the sunset,this trying to find my feet again.

vanders1
QLD, 3808 posts
24 Mar 2015 9:31AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Just had the best surf in a long time @ LM on the sunset,this trying to find my feet again.

Nice work mate.

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
24 Mar 2015 10:55AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vanders1 said..

Macaha said..

Nice work mate.

It had to be done mate I've got a lot of catching to do.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
24 Mar 2015 11:12AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

Simondo said..

I am still fronting over this photo Simondo. That is an absolutely epic shot. Must have looked at 10 times already !

I see the WSL has gone for a smaller grand stand for this years Bells event

wavelength
1195 posts
24 Mar 2015 1:11PM
Thumbs Up

Can't match Simondo's righthanders .... great pics mate.

But it's warm here and I had this fat little right to my fat little self...

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
24 Mar 2015 6:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
vanders1 said..

Macaha said..

Nice work mate.

Haven't you just been on holiday for 3 weeks

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
24 Mar 2015 5:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

Simondo said..

this is the reason I so badly want to surf there....beyond mental

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
24 Mar 2015 7:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

Macaha said..

vanders1 said..

Macaha said..

Nice work mate.

Haven't you just been on holiday for 3 weeks

Ted your not the first person to say that,but sadly it was all about work and eating and drinking

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
25 Mar 2015 6:13PM
Thumbs Up

Mac - I know just teasing

Chrispy - don't forget you need to wear a wetsuit though in summer !!!

Not epic Ulu but still pretty fun all the same.

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
25 Mar 2015 5:20PM
Thumbs Up

Nice Ted and thats the place you need to spend a Sunday afternoon/night Single Fin goes off,so my kids tell me

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo