Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
25 Mar 2015 7:05PM
Thumbs Up

Oh yes indeed that is the place if you are single I had lunch there today. Yummo

MickPC
8266 posts
25 Mar 2015 4:56PM
Thumbs Up

Nice pics Ted, I like it at that size. Not into it when it gets epic .....Fumi & I did the single fin party a few years ago. Got in free coz we were in the honeymoon villa 3rd villa North on the cliffside. Unfortunately there was barely any swell for the comp though.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
26 Mar 2015 12:08PM
Thumbs Up

There were a couple of decent sized sets Mick but mainly it was 3-4ft. The day previously was 6 with bigger ones. Sadly I was working hard that day and had to just surf the local right reef at 3-4ft. Hyatt Reef is a dam good wave when it wants to be

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
26 Mar 2015 11:10AM
Thumbs Up

Where you living atm Ted east coast?

MickPC
8266 posts
26 Mar 2015 9:10AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
There were a couple of decent sized sets Mick but mainly it was 3-4ft. The day previously was 6 with bigger ones. Sadly I was working hard that day and had to just surf the local right reef at 3-4ft. Hyatt Reef is a dam good wave when it wants to be

You based in Sanur now?

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
26 Mar 2015 12:17PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah we are. Staying in a friends Villa for a month. Some funny stories about it already - with local bar straight across the street from our place called "sweethearts" - we got out of a taxi the other night and all the pay girls came rushing out to meet me and welcome me in - then Rose got out behind me and they all ran inside. Very funny - especially after a few drinks

Still trying to get the internet upgraded for Sumbawa so that I can do work from there. Its too unreliable and slow. Trying to arrange a satellite feed for myself. Will be a bit on the expensive side to set up a line of sight tower but I need it for work so I have little choice. If I can not do my work adequately the boss will want me back in Aus so I need to get it sorted. Once its sorted we will move there full time. We have already rented a place for the next 12 months whilst we build. Its empty at the moment if anyone fancies a cheap holiday The sooner the better we get there full-time though as its been pumping over there according to the boys. Meeting with the architect this arvo to go over our plans. Exciting stuff.

thePup
13831 posts
26 Mar 2015 9:29AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Yeah we are. Staying in a friends Villa for a month. Some funny stories about it already - with local bar straight across the street from our place called "sweethearts" - we got out of a taxi the other night and all the pay girls came rushing out to meet me and welcome me in - then Rose got out behind me and they all ran inside. Very funny - especially after a few drinks

Still trying to get the internet upgraded for Sumbawa so that I can do work from there. Its too unreliable and slow. Trying to arrange a satellite feed for myself. Will be a bit on the expensive side to set up a line of sight tower but I need it for work so I have little choice. If I can not do my work adequately the boss will want me back in Aus so I need to get it sorted. Once its sorted we will move there full time. We have already rented a place for the next 12 months whilst we build. Its empty at the moment if anyone fancies a cheap holiday The sooner the better we get there full-time though as its been pumping over there according to the boys. Meeting with the architect this arvo to go over our plans. Exciting stuff.

hmmmmm Pay girls you say Ted ask them if they accept Mango coupons I got a christload of dem suckers

MickPC
8266 posts
26 Mar 2015 9:30AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

haha I love Sanur.....that's exciting news mate, its all going ahead much faster now & in the long run a much better alternative to the other place you were considering. I can't wait to visit you over there...I actually considered cancelling Japan & hitting Indo instead. But I didn't go to Japan last year & need to catch up with family & friends. Got a Tokyo youtube party to enjoy as well......I'm really excited for you guys & stoked it sounds like things are flowing along nicely now

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
26 Mar 2015 2:12PM
Thumbs Up

Head high peaks today with warm water and offshore winds. Not really crowded either. Happy

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
26 Mar 2015 5:36PM
Thumbs Up

Nice work smh. A nice solid 4ft with some chunky sets every now and again. Insane fun. Got bashed a few times and washed in over the reef. Loads of current today as the tide came in. Long long rides with lovely shaped walls. Probably the best I have had the new local n pretty stoked

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
26 Mar 2015 6:09PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Nice work smh. A nice solid 4ft with some chunky sets every now and again. Insane fun. Got bashed a few times and washed in over the reef. Loads of current today as the tide came in. Long long rides with lovely shaped walls. Probably the best I have had the new local n pretty stoked

You're living the dream Ted

jasdeking
QLD, 1820 posts
26 Mar 2015 6:29PM
Thumbs Up

I have never read this thread :)

At Kingscliff meh

Might head to lm in the morning never ever surfed there either yeewwww

What colour boards you boys on? Just so I can paddle the other way

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
26 Mar 2015 7:16PM
Thumbs Up

Just look out for guys who look like they have drank beer and eaten meat pies for some time

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
26 Mar 2015 5:21PM
Thumbs Up

really fun glassy waves yesterday morning...was a bit late in the water today due to the 400 schooners I had yesterday

thePup
13831 posts
26 Mar 2015 6:15PM
Thumbs Up

Pish again here

obct
NSW, 3487 posts
26 Mar 2015 9:52PM
Thumbs Up

How's this for perfect timing this arvo?

I get to longy and from the road I can see it's not big, but it's like glass, perfect for the hotlog and a gentle westerly

I'm suiting up quick as I can and some of the LB crew walk past on the way out and say to me "it's a lot of fun out there" and the wind is still good

I walk the 150 metres to the edge of the water and in that distance the wind has shifted to the NNW, not good, but not a disaster

I paddle 50 metres out the back, sit up and the wind is NNE and every-thing's a complete farkup

thePup
13831 posts
26 Mar 2015 7:20PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah that's not good champion but I didn't even get out of the car today just turned around & drove back home with a sad scowl all the way geez

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
26 Mar 2015 10:52PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
obct said...

I get to longy and from the road I can see it's not big, but it's like glass, perfect for the hotlog and a gentle westerly

I'm suiting up quick as I can and some of the LB crew walk past on the way out and say to me "it's a lot of fun out there" and the wind is still good

I walk the 150 metres to the edge of the water and in that distance the wind has shifted to the NNW, not good, but not a disaster

I paddle 50 metres out the back, sit up and the wind is NNE and every-thing's a complete farkup

Get up earlier OB. Problem solved

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
26 Mar 2015 11:30PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
obct said..

That's weird . It was offshore all day down here I had this chick on a body board drop in on me and I had to straighten out and I'm standing there next to her and she was lovely. I didn't mind.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
27 Mar 2015 3:41PM
Thumbs Up

really fun waves on offer this morning. glass and head high...fast and bowly, the midlength bee sting loved it

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
27 Mar 2015 6:41PM
Thumbs Up

A few shots from the other day when it was small. A couple thrown in for Pup In all fairness was probably the worst surf I have had up this way. Although today it was small and I did not even venture out. Done work instead - what on earth is happening to me.

jasdeking
QLD, 1820 posts
27 Mar 2015 6:24PM
Thumbs Up

Went to lm or whatever I thought it was and had some fun on the short rides on offer
Was so cool and so not crowded
I looked for the drunk pie eaters but...

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
27 Mar 2015 4:30PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jasdeking said..
Went to lm or whatever I thought it was and had some fun on the short rides on offer

should have come up my way mate

SP
10979 posts
27 Mar 2015 5:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jasdeking said...

Should have checked the coffee club.

jasdeking
QLD, 1820 posts
27 Mar 2015 7:43PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said...
jasdeking said..

Where?

jasdeking
QLD, 1820 posts
27 Mar 2015 7:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said...
jasdeking said...

Should have checked the coffee club.

Totally where?

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
27 Mar 2015 5:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jasdeking said..

chrispy said...

jasdeking said..

Where?

gone south now mate....will pm you a place for tomorrow morning if you like...im on the northern end of the goldy

sp ...on fire mate

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
27 Mar 2015 8:01PM
Thumbs Up

I'll be at LM at 6.30 in the morning see whoever who turns up

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
27 Mar 2015 6:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..