Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
25 Jan 2016 5:58AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
laceys lane said..
the surf is cranking. doesn't look like many spare ones at cooly.

im out with 2 lots of stitches in my back.

might be worth having a look tho

JB has lucked in down at Byron it looks good.

Yeah who would thought surfing could be revolved around so much walking. Went to bed with lats and shoulders cramping. Woke up with legs and heels screaming. Of to do it again ?? Very pretty spot but some real wild locals. Best one is the guy in his Tiddy Whittys. He reminded me of a homeless surfing but with style????

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
25 Jan 2016 8:10AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ricardo1709 said..
Great waves today4ft glassy and nowhere near as crowded as that chaotic scene above OMFG how do you handle that

Its a young short boarders wave when its like that Rickardo best viewed from the beach or in my case the lounge,fk this back I think its day 5 and I'm bored out of my wits.

JB get into it mate.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
25 Jan 2016 9:26AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
Ricardo1709 said..
Great waves today4ft glassy and nowhere near as crowded as that chaotic scene above OMFG how do you handle that

Its a young short boarders wave when its like that Rickardo best viewed from the beach or in my case the lounge,fk this back I think its day 5 and I'm bored out of my wits.

JB get into it mate.

When your feeling better we can test your back on one of my 24 " race boards

It be fun. We for me anyway

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
25 Jan 2016 10:35AM
Thumbs Up

Well, Just got back from a week in the Byron area. (Broken Head)
Monday to Wednesday 2-3ft warm SE swell, light breeze and lots....and I mean lots of wave..made a pig of myself (as did my son )..these days were just fun waves with some great long rides... rode everything from mals to shortboard..

Thursday and Friday....ahhhh the NE blew in so no surfing, but did notice the changing swell direction and it growing in size

Wake up Saturday .... OMG, what a difference 12hrs would make. The place became no place for a mal....! Light NE - E breeze and 4-6ft standing up solid on the sand making the faces at times well in the double OH mark. Some of the bomb sets would send the entire crowd heading for the horizon....if you did not make it... It felt like you were being slighted to Perth
(For those that know the place, at times the waves would break over the sisters....!)

Broke out the 6'10...with some serious trepidation, but heh ..YOLO .. Got some epic rides and some EPIC wipeouts (read ; I think I Paid my life insurance type thoughts after sufacing ).
One attempt to paddle out after the return run back around from the previous wave and timing it wrong saw me washed some 300mtr down the beach back to the exit point from the ride. Other fared worse with numerous broken boards. Many of the better surfers (not me) pulled some great and brilliant barrels ... I stayed well clear of those although some chose to close out over me ..... not my choice...just bad positioning by yours truly.
Fell asleep at 8.00pm ...but with us leaving on Sunday.. I was keen for one more thrashing.
Woke about 5.00am and the wafts of a light SE breeze...waiting for enough daylight

All I can say about Sunday .... Long....Clean ...Faaaaaaast .... Unforgiving ...... and please can I do it all again.
No wind, tide high so the full length of the back was on...
After an 1.5hrs and some awesome waves, I got out (thank God, we packed the night before...totally stuffed). Spent time watching the crowd grow and wave after wave being mauled by some incredible surfing. Far there are some brilliant surfers on this planet..was in awe of the display!
Best session on big wave I have ever had... crowd was insane but with so many waves it just did not matter.... I can still feel the adrenaline in the system today...yeeeewwwwwwwwww

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
25 Jan 2016 3:14PM
Thumbs Up

Glad you had some good waves Climber. Nice read. Thanks.

Seems young Mac has been doing some good work as well

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
25 Jan 2016 2:25PM
Thumbs Up

Well there you go first time I've seen that one Ted.

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
25 Jan 2016 2:30PM
Thumbs Up

Instra is full of yesterday's swell

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
25 Jan 2016 3:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

Wonder what else he has been hiding from ya

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
25 Jan 2016 3:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

Macaha said..

That turn at 5 second mark where did he get that from and the guy in the barrel 22 sec mark who is the same guy who MF burnt 53 sec mark haha well thats matts best mate Tom,just looked on the PC laughing at Tom

2.19 mark thats Parko's uncle who's 54,never too old to rock and roll Ted

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
25 Jan 2016 5:30PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
Ted the Kiwi said..

Macaha said..

That turn at 5 second mark where did he get that from and the guy in the barrel 22 sec mark who is the same guy who MF burnt 53 sec mark haha well thats matts best mate Tom,just looked on the PC laughing at Tom

2.19 mark thats Parko's uncle who's 54,never too old to rock and roll Ted

Yeah I was going to say that was a A plus burn.

I never really seen him do that before. Not saying he doesnt tho.

I remember watchijg a post heat interview at burleigh ago and mf lost.
He said to was probably karma for dropping in on some guy in the warm up

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
25 Jan 2016 5:30PM
Thumbs Up

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
26 Jan 2016 10:27AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...
Glad you had some good waves Climber. Nice read. Thanks.

Seems young Mac has been doing some good work as well

Yo Ted WSL just sent Matt an email

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
26 Jan 2016 12:29PM
Thumbs Up

went to get some tail chocks for my race boards.

kirra had a very good soft c0cks wave.

half temped , stitches and all

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
26 Jan 2016 2:19PM
Thumbs Up

Woke up after night shift just before 12. Wind south east here and not many options so i had a river paddle. Hard work on the way up aginst the wind and the tide but coming back was OK. Back to work tonight then I get an 8 day break. Should get some waves then and kids are back to school

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
27 Jan 2016 7:00AM
Thumbs Up

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
28 Jan 2016 4:10PM
Thumbs Up

Finally got out there after 5 13 hour night shifts . Had to walk a long way in and out because the road is under repair. Bummer. Got a few . Felt a bit wobbly today but I'll put that down to all those night shifts. Still got a few though.

MickPC
8266 posts
28 Jan 2016 2:36PM
Thumbs Up

Kinda sux smh, but at least your getting a few mate. Things have been really slow the last couple of weeks here. Only had 1 or 2 surfs a week since around NY's. Took the 666 out the other day, but it was a lot of work paddling to stay on the tiny set waves. Can't really say I've had any waves this week.

On brighter news I got a decent offer on my log & my whalebone has gone in for surgery

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
28 Jan 2016 7:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..
Kinda sux smh, but at least your getting a few mate. Things have been really slow the last couple of weeks here. Only had 1 or 2 surfs a week since around NY's. Took the 666 out the other day, but it was a lot of work paddling to stay on the tiny set waves. Can't really say I've had any waves this week.

On brighter news I got a decent offer on my log & my whalebone has gone in for surgery

I'm not walking that far again with a 666 Mick. Theres some decent east swell here. Might take the belly board out tomorrow for a change of pace.

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
28 Jan 2016 7:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..

i second that Mick - seems like the whole world is smoking at the moment except WA!

Surf69
WA, 883 posts
28 Jan 2016 7:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ctngoodvibes said..

MickPC said..

i second that Mick - seems like the whole world is smoking at the moment except WA!

Yep pretty ordinary here on the south coast last few days. Sat morning should be good for us. Still some onshore fun today.

Surf69
WA, 883 posts
28 Jan 2016 10:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Surf69 said..

Ctngoodvibes said..

MickPC said..

Yep pretty ordinary here on the south coast last few days. Sat morning should be good for us. Still some onshore fun today.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
29 Jan 2016 5:12AM
Thumbs Up

This looks the most interesting beach option today. Sitting watching the officials wonder what to do next

I have been asking people all week why is that boat just anchored in the middle of the bay and most hadn't even seen it. Now I guess it got their attention

[:

P]

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
29 Jan 2016 7:23AM
Thumbs Up

Maybe the captain freaked out last week during the swell.

I'll be down tomorrow JB,picking up McHenry's board,if you have time for a coffee
and I can pick up the beer garden board?

Lacey you want to come for a drive the devil wind is making a statement NO SURF.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
29 Jan 2016 7:38AM
Thumbs Up

Ok. Ill do trainig. Thats early. What time you thinking

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
29 Jan 2016 7:39AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
Ok. Ill do trainig. Thats early. What time you thinking

7 QLD time

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
29 Jan 2016 8:52AM
Thumbs Up

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
29 Jan 2016 9:14AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

Mate we are only going Byron no need for makeup

So you want me to wait while train on a 666 big ask champ!

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
29 Jan 2016 10:21AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

laceys lane said..

Maybe LL should man up and paddle to Byron and you can give him lift back..we all know you can fit the board in your car

MickPC
8266 posts
29 Jan 2016 7:47AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..
This looks the most interesting beach option today. Sitting watching the officials wonder what to do next

P]

Your looking at the wrong side of the lighthouse with that wind.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
29 Jan 2016 10:35AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
laceys lane said..

Price you pay for having someone along who at least looks the part

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo