Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
24 Feb 2016 7:51PM
Thumbs Up

SP said...
Ted the Kiwi said...
I've got blood flow looking at those pics fellas. Enjoy.

Video.....

www.tracksmag.com.au/video/the-superbank-just-keeps-on-getting-better-426789

Some sweet surfing and waves there.

It doesn't look too hard to get a wave - just make sure you're on the shoulder and take whatever looks good.

The guy on the inside should have known better than to sit deeper.

MickPC
8266 posts
24 Feb 2016 7:57PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Pretty small on the reef out In front of the airport today - waves elsewhere though . This is Mick's playground when he is in town. Must be due another trip soon !

I reckon that morning would of had the odd head & 1/2 at mids 2, always way bigger than it looks & that actually looks pretty decent size really

I was going in April while Fumi is in Japan, but decided to save more beer money for Europe instead. Next Bali trip might be next wet season.

Have a good one mate, I'm hella jealous...even if I did get some fun uncrowded waves this morning, would love to be in Bali right now

MickPC
8266 posts
24 Feb 2016 7:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..

The guy on the inside should have known better than to sit deeper.

LOL

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
24 Feb 2016 11:06PM
Thumbs Up

You would need to choose where to paddle into them from - some of those sections look almost impossible to take off on

Understand your predicament there Mick. The following wet season awaits.......

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
25 Feb 2016 5:29AM
Thumbs Up

www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/nocookies?a=A.flavipes

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
25 Feb 2016 6:54AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

Showed that one to the bass and she said,"Its photo shopped right"

I'm like, "Nup no way"

She's like, "Holy ****balls"

...then we both went back to looking at our phones

True story

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
25 Feb 2016 8:50AM
Thumbs Up

Romance at the breaky table

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
25 Feb 2016 10:05AM
Thumbs Up

Just about to leave to go and check it.

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
25 Feb 2016 9:39AM
Thumbs Up

Anybody want to come have a look at the the Pros,this Saturday looks like the GO!

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
25 Feb 2016 12:53PM
Thumbs Up

Just back after getting a few fun waves . Swell starting to show here but Saturday is looking like the day.

Cuttlefish
QLD, 1332 posts
25 Feb 2016 1:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

"That's just the lemon next to the pie!"

Locky24
QLD, 515 posts
25 Feb 2016 5:01PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tux said..

Macaha said..

I'm like, "Nup no way"

True story

Just spent the last 4 days there Got back home today.
And yep this what it was like alright in this order...
Super crazy in the water with guys dropped in on and ran over everywhere.
Tuesday was by far the best day the swell jumped a little and in the arvo the wind had a little west in it.
I saw some 8 - 10 second barrels being made and it was crazy crowded.
Got ran over twice in the one session and had a side fin wizz by about 1 foot from my face ( scared the shiz out of me )
Scored a couple but had to spend hours in the water to get em .
I would say the best section was in front of greeny with some super fast barrels being had by all.

SP
10979 posts
25 Feb 2016 3:46PM
Thumbs Up

Glad you got a few locky.

Surfboard warehouse put a clip up on FB and it showed the chaos, too many drop ins to count and people getting run over..

I get your point from the other day now Mac..

But I see why plenty of blokes still try, a good one could be the wave of your life..

Cuttlefish
QLD, 1332 posts
25 Feb 2016 6:28PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Locky,
Which boards did you ride while you were there?
Going to give your new orange rocket a run on the weekend?

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
25 Feb 2016 6:44PM
Thumbs Up

Today

Cuttlefish
QLD, 1332 posts
25 Feb 2016 6:53PM
Thumbs Up

Where's the vomit smiley?
Lunacy!

SP
10979 posts
25 Feb 2016 5:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cuttlefish said...
Lunacy!

What were you saying about the pros being unhappy about missing snapper

I'd run for days to get away from that crowd..

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
25 Feb 2016 7:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Locky24 said..

Tux said..

Macaha said..

I'm like, "Nup no way"

True story

Just spent the last 4 days there Got back home today.
And yep this what it was like alright in this order...
Super crazy in the water with guys dropped in on and ran over everywhere.
Tuesday was by far the best day the swell jumped a little and in the arvo the wind had a little west in it.
I saw some 8 - 10 second barrels being made and it was crazy crowded.
Got ran over twice in the one session and had a side fin wizz by about 1 foot from my face ( scared the shiz out of me )
Scored a couple but had to spend hours in the water to get em .
I would say the best section was in front of greeny with some super fast barrels being had by all.

ive been out with my back infection from a procedure and been out for nearly 2 weeks so ive missed the action.

I love the wave but for my money I prefer the waves to be good for beach breaks. one of the reasons to get a long board was to ride those point waves smaller with way less crowds .

mostly I like to take my short board too in case it jacks up a bit or something.

its nice to score those sneaky sessions that haven't been all over the internet with vids and predictions.

social media and the internet are killing surfing.

I'm really over the media beat up- its just adding to the crowds and inherent danger.

locky your accounts are correct. its fearsome. almost to the point if you get out intact its a good day

SandS
VIC, 5904 posts
25 Feb 2016 9:07PM
Thumbs Up

not worth the grief .

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
25 Feb 2016 8:09PM
Thumbs Up

Whinge all you like about the crowd and sure blame the media,but hey Snapper has been in the spot light for years and like it or not is on many a surfers bucket list.

Lacey I hear you but look at all those awesome days we've had over the years at Snapper,don't let the the big swell,media hype and full blown crowd max out get in the way of fun,watch and enjoy the show zoo style and all,it will be back to us average punters soon enough.

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
25 Feb 2016 8:13PM
Thumbs Up

I was chatting to a customer the other day who lives in Noosa older guy well my age
He said his mate will do a Kirra run twice a week,leaves home at 3am just to escape the crowds
of Noosa and surf,amazing.

thePup
13831 posts
25 Feb 2016 6:19PM
Thumbs Up

Jesus wept the grey ghosts must have earnt a small fortune in parking tickets looking at that lot geez

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
25 Feb 2016 8:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Whinge all you like about the crowd and sure blame the media,but hey Snapper has been in the spot light for years and like it or not is on many a surfers bucket list.

Lacey I hear you but look at all those awesome days we've had over the years at Snapper,don't let the the big swell,media hype and full blown crowd max out get in the way of fun,watch and enjoy the show zoo style and all,it will be back to us average punters soon enough.

pppfffff. thats all right for you to say that because you don't surf those type of waves.

its madder than ever imo and the surf internet media are to blame .

ps I though more of mf but its looking like he's just like the rest of most of the pros these days

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
25 Feb 2016 8:23PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
Jesus wept the grey ghosts must have earnt a small fortune in parking tickets looking at that lot geez

Still got free parking Pup

not for very much longer.

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
25 Feb 2016 8:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

Macaha said..

pppfffff. thats all right for you to say that because you don't surf those type of waves.

ps I though more of mf but its looking like he's just like the rest of most of the pros these days

Mate I'll see you out on Saturday on your SB,up early if the guy from Noosa can do it surely yo can

On MF ha yep full blown like the rest.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
25 Feb 2016 8:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

laceys lane said..

Macaha said..

Mate I'll see you out on Saturday on your SB,up early if the guy from Noosa can do it surely yo can

On MF ha yep full blown like the rest.

I'm still out. will race the 22 towers tho. using antiseptic jell now so hopeful in the water soon

I'm not going to surf 8 ft but I'm not ready for the retirement village you are so keen to have everyone following you too.

just because one wants to surf a shortboard doesn't mean one has too surf hardcore waves. I'm keen but not stupid and a cant put my self in heavy situations after my little turn 2 years ago

but even sdr said if he was my fitness and weight he would be surfing a short heaps

for one who is so hooked on watching short board surfing you have funny attitude towards it some times.

learn to let be, let people surf what they want too surf.

amen

Locky24
QLD, 515 posts
25 Feb 2016 9:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cuttlefish said..
Hey Locky,
Which boards did you ride while you were there?
Going to give your new orange rocket a run on the weekend?

Only went with 1 board ( my 7'4" semi gun, stuart - blue & orange ) Actually saw Stu and Tex in the line up on wednesday morning. Stu and I paddled out at the same time, Stu went through the key hole and I opted for the bit of sand just before it.
No more than 2 mins later I see Stu come screaming down the line on a smoker, while I joined the masses and waited for scraps....But hey even the scraps were good.

Pretty keen to give the new orange one a go, just have to see what the weekend brings?? Looks pretty solid, I just hope the beachies can handle it or noosa will be busy ,

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
26 Feb 2016 12:24AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cuttlefish said...
Lunacy!

Yep that is the complete opposite of my idea of good waves. No way in the world would you catch me out there.

This is as close I got to the water today. Street food in Bangkok that was super hot and had my eyes watering ! Not bad for a dollar though

thePup
13831 posts
25 Feb 2016 9:33PM
Thumbs Up

mmmmmm Ted you lucky bastard that looks delicious

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
26 Feb 2016 6:31AM
Thumbs Up

Some action from yesterday

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding