Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
14 Jan 2017 4:32PM
Thumbs Up

Nowhere I've been in pain for weeks left foot a visit to hospital says stress fracture all good it won't stop me

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
14 Jan 2017 2:47PM
Thumbs Up

Mates bucks do started last night and this morning involved us bombing a local reef peak. 2-4 foot and fun with lots of party waves. Now to kick on and cause some damage.

Bwah ha ha ha!

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
14 Jan 2017 2:50PM
Thumbs Up

It was pretty good.

vanders1
QLD, 3809 posts
14 Jan 2017 4:51PM
Thumbs Up

Drip, that's awesome!!

MickPC
8266 posts
14 Jan 2017 3:04PM
Thumbs Up

+1...such a good time of year to be between the capes, I'll be down next week or next for a few days

thePup
13831 posts
14 Jan 2017 4:54PM
Thumbs Up

Went down , wind blew all night never let up & it showed ..... went for a little walk then pissed off ..... big fat 0/10

thePup
13831 posts
16 Jan 2017 2:27PM
Thumbs Up

geez ..... a big white blinding site tune up blank screen this oughta be fun for a while ahhhhh found you dear old Simondo thread .... go hard Simondo wherever you are brother

bazz61
QLD, 3570 posts
16 Jan 2017 4:38PM
Thumbs Up

Dribble grovel at BB...-2/10.....waters warm...

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
17 Jan 2017 11:45AM
Thumbs Up

Smaller today but less wind. Had to call a few holiday makers off waves. It's amazing that when some people see you paddling for a wave they feel they should paddle for it as well. I'll always call them off because the risk of injury isn't worth it. Can't wait for school to go back. Roll on Autumn.

MickPC
8266 posts
17 Jan 2017 10:57AM
Thumbs Up

Some fun little waves this morning on the longboard. Normally I'd be stoked with it but we've been spoilt lately. Got one day off between now & next Monday, then heading off on a surf trip for a few days

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
17 Jan 2017 2:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..
Some fun little waves this morning on the longboard. Normally I'd be stoked with it but we've been spoilt lately. Got one day off between now & next Monday, then heading off on a surf trip for a few days

Good luck with that Mick and send pics .

MickPC
8266 posts
17 Jan 2017 1:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..

MickPC said..

Good luck with that Mick and send pics .

Cheers bro...no prob, should get a few

thePup
13831 posts
20 Jan 2017 10:08AM
Thumbs Up

Did the groyne ..... wished I hadn't on the paddle out ..... real pity it was so balmy before 5am perfect ..... slow mushy lumpy scallops of mud ..... geez

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
20 Jan 2017 1:57PM
Thumbs Up

Few small ones. Very weak but the crowds are starting to thin out. Will soon be back to normal

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
20 Jan 2017 11:08AM
Thumbs Up

I had a ball on the longboard at the local. Did the dawny and got a few set waves before the crowd hit it. The longboard got me in nice and early and let me nail the bombs.

This is an inside north peak. The outside sets were bigger. I sat on the big clean up south peak for the most part. WA surfers are wankers - apparently this is only a 3-4 foot day (according to a mate who said one of my set waves was a five footer). Look at the guy paddling over the wave. 3 foot?

MickPC
8266 posts
20 Jan 2017 12:55PM
Thumbs Up

Looks nice Drip, knew it would be good down there today...I don't bother with this 3-4 foot sh1t. I just say ankle,knee, thigh, waist, chest, shoulder, head, head & 1/2, double head etc

Almost couldn't get a carpark at my local today. Bloody surfschool & swimming lessons there this summer. Aghhh just another week & it will return to normal...but yeah the forecast looked good to the usual day trippers that get down this time of year. Was pretty packed. Everyone seemed to be sitting out the back on longboards. Saw a head & 1/2 set breaking through when I got there, so went out an sat on the inside with the shortie & got wave after wave until people noticed & joined me. Didn't have the energy for competing against longboards, so I went in & grabbed mine.

Funny this time of year, you can get similar days like today with just a few locals & then others where it seems someones put a surf forecast in a Perth newspaper predicting my local to be the place to be lol

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
20 Jan 2017 6:48PM
Thumbs Up

Looks more like 5 foot. You're doing better over there Drip compared to the rubbish that's been dished up over here for the last few weeks.

thePup
13831 posts
20 Jan 2017 5:09PM
Thumbs Up

Come on Hugh brother ..... lay a dollop of love upon us poor froth emaciated bastards tomoz will ya ..... geez ya know I been watchin' how many meat pie & 2 sauces our old cock Asea scoffs ..... I been depositing globs of wax , good Far King Wax of course , in the LB'ers Spittoon near the shower stand ..... I've smashed enough shizzy little Pish waves champion ..... time for some filth

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
20 Jan 2017 10:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..
Looks more like 5 foot. You're doing better over there Drip compared to the rubbish that's been dished up over here for the last few weeks.

It has been pumping but I have missed a lot of it unfortunately. I spent 17 days on the Sunnie Coast for one surf and the missus had an operation and I have been Nurse Drip and MummyDad to the kids, so this was my first surf since last Saturday.

i dunno what's worse - you getting nothing, or me being close but not being able to get out there. After five weeks holiday I get back into it next week.

thePup
13831 posts
21 Jan 2017 6:05AM
Thumbs Up

Another balmy day ..... another lot of crap surf ..... time to leave is coming

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
21 Jan 2017 9:11AM
Thumbs Up

Pup you make it out to be worse than what it is today,a quick look on the cams tells me your way too fussy

Tomorrow will be unreal,hit the sack early good luck.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
21 Jan 2017 3:58PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..
I had a ball on the longboard at the local. Did the dawny and got a few set waves before the crowd hit it. The longboard got me in nice and early and let me nail the bombs.

This is an inside north peak. The outside sets were bigger. I sat on the big clean up south peak for the most part. WA surfers are wankers - apparently this is only a 3-4 foot day (according to a mate who said one of my set waves was a five footer). Look at the guy paddling over the wave. 3 foot?

That looks like super fun.

thePup
13831 posts
21 Jan 2017 2:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Pup you make it out to be worse than what it is today,a quick look on the cams tells me your way too fussy

Tomorrow will be unreal,hit the sack early good luck.

nah mate it was rotten ... really yah tomoz it will be champion

Warnsey
NSW, 83 posts
21 Jan 2017 8:49PM
Thumbs Up

Watching the forecast all week waiting for an apparent 2.4m swell today at Scotts. Looked like a lake when I got there.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
22 Jan 2017 8:59AM
Thumbs Up

looks like you fellas up and the NSW coast should be getting some good waves this morning. Enjoy.

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
22 Jan 2017 2:18PM
Thumbs Up

A different kind of wet, got stuck on the bike for 3 hours so smashed the bings

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
22 Jan 2017 3:58PM
Thumbs Up

Good on ya Mac,punish em

Got a few little ones this morning

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1301 posts
22 Jan 2017 6:53PM
Thumbs Up

Nice long lefts with not too many out be doing the pre work paddle tmoro

thePup
13831 posts
23 Jan 2017 7:07AM
Thumbs Up

Knee slappers all I got , Huey needs a farking good Vindaloo ..... swell looks constifarkingpated ..... well something needs to give geez

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
23 Jan 2017 10:13AM
Thumbs Up

Looked pretty empty here yesterday - did you get many?

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo