laceys lane said...

genuine said...

Macaha said...

genuine said...

Macaha said...
^ just pick up any sup mag you'll find it in there

But its not a SUP????

mate trust me I've seen it in the flesh its a ship

Im not excactly a light weight so it might be ok, any ideas on length if you have seen it?

hi, its seven foot, just under 21' wide and i think 2 5/8" its a bit hard to see because of the tint. mid rail is more on the chunky side with a finer tail and and nose. over all look is refined

its not a big volume board and looks small for its seven foot length. definitely nice outline the could be chucked up and made a wider.

hope that helps

Cheers, very nice board

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
23 Jun 2014 5:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said...

weiry said...
^^^^ its Dexter from perfect match.

perfect match-geez to much time in front of the telly in the eighties instead of surfing your mid length i would say haha

everything you said was correct except the part about the mid length

Cuttlefish
QLD, 1332 posts
26 Jun 2014 12:37PM
Thumbs Up

I'd pay money to see one of them try to ride a 6'2".
It'd be like a pirate walking the plank with their muscle memory.
Up to their feet and walk straight for the nose, which is now 3' feet behind them...splash!
Board's nose to the back of the head.
Off to the hospital in the back of the ambulance lapsing in and out of consciousness, all the while mumbling curses about *&$#ing mid-lengths.

McHenry
SA, 1739 posts
26 Jun 2014 2:30PM
Thumbs Up

SP said...

Macaha said...

McHenry said...
Heres a nice one for Mac and Simondo..

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Surfboard-McTavish-Sumo-62-NO-RESERVE-Excellent-Condition-/251570179873?pt=AU_Sport_Surfing&hash=item3a92c04f21

Nice indeed however way too small for me

That's what she said...

Nice looking little board.

SP, can you say "McHenry"

Just like the Scooter...

SP
10979 posts
26 Jun 2014 1:01PM
Thumbs Up

I was just thinking, lucky I haven't been drinkin.
I'd McHenry that.

McHenry
SA, 1739 posts
26 Jun 2014 2:40PM
Thumbs Up

I'm looking for a nice midlength. This is not a mid length but I had a 6'66 Magic Fish that was just too short. I'm thinking around the 7 -7'2 mid length. Not going to rush into anything this time. Take my time and find something that is perfecto.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
26 Jun 2014 3:14PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cuttlefish said...
I'd pay money to see one of them try to ride a 6'2"

Its what they would probably call - hand ski length

AndyrooMac
TAS, 1925 posts
26 Jun 2014 7:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
McHenry said...
I'm looking for a nice midlength. This is not a mid length but I had a 6'66 Magic Fish that was just too short. I'm thinking around the 7 -7'2 mid length. Not going to rush into anything this time. Take my time and find something that is perfecto.

www.grantmillersurfboards.com.au/boards/SUBX

Call Grant, you wont regret it, he's super helpful.
Mines about 3 weeks away... YEW!!!

McHenry
SA, 1739 posts
26 Jun 2014 8:23PM
Thumbs Up

Would love a subx, will get one if I can afford it. Better start saving my shackles.

I also love laceys purple stick and looking forward to seeing chrispys new stick!

Love a mid length. From what I remember cuddlefish has a nice mid length called the stubby.

AndyrooMac
TAS, 1925 posts
26 Jun 2014 9:28PM
Thumbs Up

True true, I also have a mct bobsled 7' quad, really really great board, so fast and amazing paddle but I think it'll probably go with the cull once I get the Miller. Think I prefer the cruise and turning style of a single fin, my mates will be stoked cos a few of em have there eye on the mct if I sell it

I would also say, save and get what you really want, that really suits you, shaped for you. I've just sold a bunch of 2nd hand boards I hoped would be right but was just not quite happy with. Less boards that are the right boards is where I'm at now

vanders1
QLD, 3809 posts
27 Jun 2014 4:59AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
McHenry said...

I also love laceys purple stick

From what I understand it could be yours.........

McHenry
SA, 1739 posts
27 Jun 2014 7:35PM
Thumbs Up

Lacey is shedding the purple stick. ....

Cuttlefish
QLD, 1332 posts
27 Jun 2014 8:14PM
Thumbs Up

The pressure of constant derision from the myopic peanut gallery may be forcing him back onto the (long) straight and narrow.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
27 Jun 2014 6:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cuttlefish said...
The pressure of constant derision from the myopic peanut gallery may be forcing him back onto the (long) straight and narrow.

Nope,he is shedding one for another but the peanut gallery term often makes me laugh. I find the car park experts far more entertaining. Maybe because I can see their face as they tell me where my shaper is going wrong

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
27 Jun 2014 10:51PM
Thumbs Up

yeah the 7' is going- carves good but just no the right board for me. to be honest the 'nano' does everything better in he waves i wanted to use it in. mind you the nano is a quiver killer

however mac and weiry all is not lost- i just saw my clearwater mid length mini mal shape today.

looks a treat. i've asked for a big clearwater sticker on the underside of the board so mac can see the makers label

and i do plan to show him as often as possible

Macaha
QLD, 21896 posts
28 Jun 2014 6:23AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said...
yeah the 7' is going- carves good but just no the right board for me. to be honest the 'nano' does everything better in he waves i wanted to use it in. mind you the nano is a quiver killer

however mac and weiry all is not lost- i just saw my clearwater mid length mini mal shape today.

looks a treat. i've asked for a big clearwater sticker on the underside of the board so mac can see the makers label

Cool I hope Tina dose that fluo hot pink tint for you because thats the only way your going to standout Looks a treat pff I've heard it all beforeSo this ones in the manufacturing stage you must be half way over it already,so what are you planning next good morning Lacey

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
28 Jun 2014 6:39AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...

laceys lane said...

Cool I hope Tina dose that fluo hot pink tint for you because thats the only way your going to standout Looks a treat pff I've heard it all beforeSo this ones in the manufacturing stage you must be half way over it already,so what are you planning next good morning Lacey

i don't know, whats next- i'm just following your lead.

your the demi god on 'moving boards on'

morning sir

surfbroker
NSW, 1488 posts
28 Jun 2014 7:52AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cuttlefish said...

Cosmic !

bearbusa
QLD, 295 posts
30 Jun 2014 8:10PM
Thumbs Up

Just found out my new board from RG is ready to pick up

Some pics here , can't wait to get my hands on her and see how she goes

SP
10979 posts
30 Jun 2014 6:20PM
Thumbs Up

Dimensions please.
That looks really good.

Macaha
QLD, 21896 posts
30 Jun 2014 8:21PM
Thumbs Up

Love it

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
30 Jun 2014 8:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
Love it

ppfff- mini mal

haha i just love the fact that weiry post keeps on keeping on haha

surfbroker
NSW, 1488 posts
30 Jun 2014 8:36PM
Thumbs Up

Very similar to my quad..8' x 22 7/8" x 2 7/8"

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
30 Jun 2014 8:37PM
Thumbs Up

Another beauty from the master Arrgee !!! I miss his contributions - hope he comes back soon

Macaha
QLD, 21896 posts
30 Jun 2014 8:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said...

Macaha said...
Love it

ppfff- mini mal

I know you love my mini mal because you said so.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
30 Jun 2014 9:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...

laceys lane said...

Macaha said...
Love it

ppfff- mini mal

I know you love my mini mal because you said so.

ah gee,only so you'll like mine.

its like playing sword fights in the piss trough tonight in th middie room

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
30 Jun 2014 11:01PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bearbusa said...
Just found out my new board from RG is ready to pick up

Some pics here , can't wait to get my hands on her and see how she goes

he makes a very nice mini Mal

Macaha
QLD, 21896 posts
1 Jul 2014 5:49AM
Thumbs Up

sorry weiry I have to disagree here,that RG's 8 footer is a performance weapon compared to Lacey's 8 foot full fat arse round mini mal fun beginners board he asked SDR to shape.the word on the vine is Lacey's has those stabiliser fins that you slide out of the rail for balance.

surfbroker
NSW, 1488 posts
1 Jul 2014 2:58PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
McHenry said...

Look no further ma man..Munroe Fish in the 4 sale section

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
1 Jul 2014 3:49PM
Thumbs Up

Shame on me but I measured up a mid length for myself today. Been thinking about it for a while. Call it FOMO - if everyone else is getting one it must be a good idea so I have gone for it. Mini Mal here I come McHenry

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"mid length room" started by weiry