Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
LateStarter
WA, 589 posts
17 Apr 2014 12:55PM
Thumbs Up

I think Mocha's been drinking.

There are NO waves forecast for this weekend, all the cams and buoys are broken.

I think everyone should take advantage of this warm autumn weather and go for a few rounds of golf!

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
17 Apr 2014 2:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mocha1 said..

Yeeeeeewwwwwwww waves today . Not so secret SPOT nth of Perth, 40 stretched out between Na..s, midd-- and the main break.......good fun odd bomby good shape YEWWWWWWWW

Yep it was fun. The crowd was so spread out for once..

Souwester
WA, 1258 posts
17 Apr 2014 3:59PM
Thumbs Up

Jealous JB & Mocha!

Love it when the crowds stick to the peaks on both sides and you can get ones in the middle almost all to yourself.

Not as consistent but can get some real bombs without the hassle!

quirkus
WA, 322 posts
17 Apr 2014 5:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mocha1 said..

Yeeeeeewwwwwwww waves today . Not so secret SPOT nth of Perth, 40 stretched out between Na..s, midd-- and the main break.......good fun odd bomby good shape YEWWWWWWWW

40 crew out on a weekday... Imagine the weekend.. makes you think about moving.. or having an overseas holiday..

Select to expand quote
LateStarter said..

There are NO waves forecast for this weekend, all the cams and buoys are broken.

I think everyone should take advantage of this warm autumn weather and go for a few rounds of golf!

Correct,,,, totally agree.,,,, it's obvious,,,

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
17 Apr 2014 7:22PM
Thumbs Up

Tomorrow will be a circus where ever you go...

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
17 Apr 2014 7:51PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GPA said..

Yeah so after a week on it, i'll sleep in for once

It would be nice to see a few more reports..Seems hardly anyone actually surfs on SB or if they do, there are not interested in sharing the stoke

mocha1
WA, 932 posts
17 Apr 2014 9:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
quirkus said..

mocha1 said..

40 crew out on a weekday... Imagine the weekend.. makes you think about moving.. or having an overseas holiday..

LateStarter said..

Correct,,,, totally agree.,,,, it's obvious,,,

Mmmmmmmm I have been enjoying a drop or two being on holidays

You all missed it today because tomoro is flat onshore and crappy crappy.....I will be in traffic with everybody in the state heading south......!!!!!

mocha1
WA, 932 posts
17 Apr 2014 9:14PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

GPA said..

Yeah so after a week on it, i'll sleep in for once

It would be nice to see a few more reports..Seems hardly anyone actually surfs on SB or if they do, there are not interested in sharing the stoke

It's because of all the secret spots in the metro area JB

Greenroom
WA, 7608 posts
18 Apr 2014 11:23AM
Thumbs Up

Do all you Metros have boards bigger than 6'3?
There's nothing to see or do down south.
The truth hurts

quirkus
WA, 322 posts
18 Apr 2014 2:28PM
Thumbs Up

ASP,,, I'm trying to think of something nice to say..

... ok,,, I had a great session at that other secret spot south of the river a way. Fat, deep and only thirty crew.... Once the numbers dwindled and it cleaned up a bit,,, was so much fun... Heaven to get back in the water again , even if my fitness is 2/10.

Hang on ,, back to ASP,
4 posts, and you're flogging a mates video,,, on Legions surf report ?

Not exactly social forum etiquette ,,, (not that this forum abounds in that )..

You probably should try and lurk a little,,, get the gist of the forum (if there is one,,,, you know,,, learn who to pick on, and who not to)
pretend you're interested in a few threads..... then hey presto --- drop the vid..

mitchbat
WA, 397 posts
18 Apr 2014 2:43PM
Thumbs Up

Got a bag full of fun ones before the crowd got too ridiculous this morning. Certainly nothing like whats going on down south but a good way to start the long weekend nonetheless. I reckon the local ding repairers will be working overtime next week.

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
18 Apr 2014 3:02PM
Thumbs Up

Acknowledging that my fitness is sh!t at the moment I hit up a Northern novelty wave for the lunchtime shift. Surprised how much fun it was... got a few clean shoulder high waves that held up - and only another half dozen out.

Was good to see First Reef and Waterman's Bay working again... only 400 people out enjoying the waves!

matty l
WA, 52 posts
18 Apr 2014 6:53PM
Thumbs Up

Hope everyone got a few today!! I lasted two waves, on the second one somehow got pitched on to my board fins up! Ouch, three stitches in the ass cheek and a fu<<ed board!! Happy days....

photosbykarlo
235 posts
18 Apr 2014 8:04PM
Thumbs Up

I'll second that

quirkus
WA, 322 posts
18 Apr 2014 8:27PM
Thumbs Up

oooo Matty nasty....
The last one is a classic Karlo.... You gotta get some prizes somewhere for that!!

Grevas
147 posts
18 Apr 2014 9:05PM
Thumbs Up

Offshore

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
18 Apr 2014 9:29PM
Thumbs Up

A few great picks. Thanks for that. Matt that first shot is a corker, sorry to here about the arse. Karlo wins though for photo of the day. Grevas i hope you got home with your boat in tack, i heard about a offshore spot that had at least three boats swamped..

Not sure if anyone else saw these.

www.swellsup.com/?slideshow_popup=1&pp_slideshow_id=1397816746&fullscreen=1

moohan
WA, 147 posts
18 Apr 2014 9:31PM
Thumbs Up

Wall to wall people at Perths second favourite beachie, but noticed quite a few of the good sizier ones were being missed by the crew (after 8 people would paddle for it, then all miss it). Then there was the fella surfing a mal with out a leash, that would eat it most waves and send it flying through the crowd to the beach.

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
20 Apr 2014 7:56PM
Thumbs Up

Coohan
84 posts
20 Apr 2014 11:30PM
Thumbs Up

Staying in Canggu for two weeks - smallest it has been is 2-3ft wedges, today was maxing out - Some waves coming through at Ulus that I'd conservatively call 8ft+... I watched from the safety of the cliffs haha!

This is a photo I took from the monkey temple - just to give a gauge of size (this was an average wave, sets were bigger). First time down to the Bukit, so I have no yard stick for judging size. Decent surges pushing up through the paddle out cave as well...

[

img]

mitchbat
WA, 397 posts
21 Apr 2014 9:00AM
Thumbs Up

What a run of waves last week. I'm guessing everyone got there fair share as the numbers were getting smaller in the water (at least where I was surfing) every day. Scored a pumping left hander south of Perth with one other guy to top it all off yesterday.

TOAD
NSW, 305 posts
21 Apr 2014 1:20PM
Thumbs Up

My beach doing an impression of Pipe

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
21 Apr 2014 12:24PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mitchbat said..

What a run of waves last week. I'm guessing everyone got there fair share as the numbers were getting smaller in the water (at least where I was surfing) every day. Scored a pumping left hander south of Perth with one other guy to top it all off yesterday.

I'd say they were all out were i went today..Only managed a few waves in my own

Jah0073
WA, 17 posts
21 Apr 2014 4:38PM
Thumbs Up

footage from friday a mate took, he's got a heap more but it hasn't been uploaded any where

DSB
WA, 37 posts
21 Apr 2014 5:10PM
Thumbs Up

Meanwhile, also Friday.

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
22 Apr 2014 12:18PM
Thumbs Up

After checking Trigg 2nds and seeing it was a very inconsistent waist high I opted for Metts rights on the LB. Was about should high and perfect glass with a sweet take-off, but the tide was a touch off and the wave got too full after 10-15m past take-off. Went and sat deeper across the rocks for a short while, but the bigger ones would just close out 4/10.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
22 Apr 2014 2:41PM
Thumbs Up

From Face book..
Mark Visser
Liked · 1 hr

My mate @dingomorrison on a BOMB in west Oz over the weekend! stoked for ya mate:)

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
24 Apr 2014 2:53PM
Thumbs Up

Surf was small this morning but i should have still given the reef/rock better respect. Managed to take one right on the arse/Coccyx and now have a spasming arse/tail bone

The old SB wind reports were well off from what they were reporting

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
24 Apr 2014 3:23PM
Thumbs Up

As much as I support equality JB,,,I'd much prefer not to hear about you taking it up the arse

Souwester
WA, 1258 posts
24 Apr 2014 4:37PM
Thumbs Up

Do you need a donut JB

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie