WA, 2503 posts
20 Jul 2014 10:19AM
Thumbs Up

Enjoy lads.

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
20 Jul 2014 12:07PM
Thumbs Up

Poundings aplenty @ our favourite beachie.
You snooze- you lose.

Razzonater
2224 posts
20 Jul 2014 4:41PM
Thumbs Up

I slept in and blew it......rookie

DJMWA
WA, 344 posts
22 Jul 2014 12:39PM
Thumbs Up

I'm loving these incorrect forecast SB, keep it up.
Anyone get a few this morning?

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
30 Jul 2014 10:33AM
Thumbs Up

Anyone been braving the dawn patrol this week?

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
30 Jul 2014 7:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Souwester said..
Anyone been braving the dawn patrol this week?

Dieing...

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
30 Jul 2014 8:06PM
Thumbs Up

Is Buster busted!?

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
31 Jul 2014 9:50AM
Thumbs Up

First dawn sesh for a while, talk about being out of form! Still enjoyed it though. I think it's time to get working on paddle fitness during long stints without waves!

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
31 Jul 2014 10:44AM
Thumbs Up

Without waves? I've been out just about every day.

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
31 Jul 2014 11:11AM
Thumbs Up

Yeah I have been low on 'stoke' for some reason, just needed to get back into it to see that something is better than nothing!

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
31 Jul 2014 11:31AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Souwester said..
Yeah I have been low on 'stoke' for some reason, just needed to get back into it to see that something is better than nothing!

New stick testing Feet warmed up yet

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
31 Jul 2014 2:23PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah, takes a bit of getting used to!

Just warmed them up hitting some balls at Wembley at lunchtime!

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
31 Jul 2014 5:02PM
Thumbs Up

It looks like there be waves. Can someone pull these nails from my coffin, please!

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
1 Aug 2014 3:59PM
Thumbs Up

Brrrrrrrr colder this morning. Clean conditions but the swell backed off and backed with high tide made it a bit tricky. Usual rippers got some good ones...gifted buggers

Razzonater
2224 posts
1 Aug 2014 4:28PM
Thumbs Up

A frame goodness bit windy early and than glassy wedges

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
1 Aug 2014 9:11PM
Thumbs Up

First metro paddle in well over 12 months today, was fun too. Bit shifty but some nice long hollow ones if you were in the right spot. Pleasantly surprised to see only three of us out too.

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
2 Aug 2014 1:42PM
Thumbs Up

Fun little glassy peelers on the mal at a northern beachy... only about 5-6 out at 11am...

Zuke
901 posts
2 Aug 2014 2:29PM
Thumbs Up

I think the good conditions caught people by surprise this morning. I was in at 6.45 and could see one other out way down the beach from where I was. Quite surreal with the light offshore wind, fog in the distance before sunrise, clean peaks (finally some good banks) and just one other out on a Saturday.

CRF
WA, 82 posts
2 Aug 2014 7:24PM
Thumbs Up

To the f@$ker who smashed my window at leighton beach and stole all my things out of my car, including all my clothes, I hope you had a great Saturday, may my ugg boots keep your feet warm.... Prick!!
The surf wasn't even that good, it was just nice to get in the water, until I got back to my car

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
2 Aug 2014 8:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
CRF said..
To the f@$ker who smashed my window at leighton beach and stole all my things out of my car, including all my clothes, I hope you had a great Saturday, may my ugg boots keep your feet warm.... Prick!!
The surf wasn't even that good, it was just nice to get in the water, until I got back to my car

I had my car pinched from there too. It's a long walk to the cop shop. But your uggies?! Some people can never die a suitably horrible death...

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
2 Aug 2014 8:45PM
Thumbs Up

Don't park anywhere near the traino. And that pretty much rules out that whole stretch.

genuine
332 posts
3 Aug 2014 3:05PM
Thumbs Up

Cranking this morning

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
3 Aug 2014 5:19PM
Thumbs Up

Late arvo the go today. Just got home after 4 hours, tempted to go again.

genuine
332 posts
3 Aug 2014 6:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Legion said..
Late arvo the go today. Just got home after 4 hours, tempted to go again.

Couldn't do the second session today, see how we go in the morning

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
3 Aug 2014 7:01PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
genuine said..
Cranking this morning

Over three hours after nearly 6 weeks off..

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
3 Aug 2014 7:24PM
Thumbs Up

I must be getting fussy, drove from Mullas to Flozza and there was nothing tempting enough to get me out there. Shoulda travelled early but I thought it was going to be too big.

You looked like you were gonna have a coronary on the way back to your car Rod, you were huffing and puffing like you'd just done a marathon. I had to exit the scene on the chance you went down and I'd be obligated to perform CPR.

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
3 Aug 2014 7:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smicko said..
I must be getting fussy, drove from Mullas to Flozza and there was nothing tempting enough to get me out there. Shoulda travelled early but I thought it was going to be too big.

You looked like you were gonna have a coronary on the way back to your car Rod, you were huffing and puffing like you'd just done a marathon. I had to exit the scene on the chance you went down and I'd be obligated to perform CPR.

Mullaloo was ordinary early... looked like the southern bank was delivering a good left, but it was hard to get on the end of one that held up - 9/10 were close out and half of the others were copping the backwash. I had to go to work so was out of the water at 9:15 and only had one I was happy with. Yesterday at waist high was better (300m further north).

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
3 Aug 2014 7:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GPA said..

smicko said..

Mullaloo was ordinary early... looked like the southern bank was delivering a good left, but it was hard to get on the end of one that held up - 9/10 were close out and half of the others were copping the backwash. I had to go to work so was out of the water at 9:15 and only had one I was happy with. Yesterday at waist high was better (300m further north).

Yeah the arms were stuffed for sure, sadly the foot was rather sore though, so if id of seen you, i'd have made you carry my board..

You should have gone out, it was good fun. The point though toward the end was funny to watch with 4 taking off at once and no one giving any way

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
3 Aug 2014 7:53PM
Thumbs Up

I think it was about 1:30 when I got there, was pretty straight. Trigg southwards was pretty backwash effected, there was the odd nice one and all 17 people on each of them seemed to be having a phat time. Smot was arguably about the best I saw but I've never ridden that fat slapper and I don't intend on starting now.

I don't think I have the temperament for metro weekends anymore.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
3 Aug 2014 8:57PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smicko said...
I think it was about 1:30 when I got there, was pretty straight. Trigg southwards was pretty backwash effected, there was the odd nice one and all 17 people on each of them seemed to be having a phat time. Smot was arguably about the best I saw but I've never ridden that fat slapper and I don't intend on starting now.

I don't think I have the temperament for metro weekends anymore.

Yeah at the end only the point was working. I actually had paddled all the way down to the track and even paddled in. As the tide went out it did seem to get straighter. Still had a ball
Southwester is probably still out there

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie