Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
quirkus
WA, 322 posts
29 Jun 2014 8:55AM
Thumbs Up

Couldn't complain about our fav yesterday. Both reef breaks working, even an A frame with a few barrels for the boogers on the beachie 150mtrs away.
Beautiful sunshine, and a couple of dolphins for the right mood. A few crew, but they managed to spread out a bit because everything was working.. Even the non locals were friendly yesterday..

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
29 Jun 2014 12:13PM
Thumbs Up

What a difference a day makes... today was very average. Went back in after 2 waves to get the mal and still only got a handful. Wind and backwash were killing what could have been a good bank... 3/10.

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
29 Jun 2014 2:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smicko said...
Four hours of pumping A frames. Thick and punchy, sooooo many drubbings.
Can
Not
Move

www.swellsup.com/?slideshow_popup=1&pp_slideshow_id=1403944925&fullscreen=1&fullscreen=1

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
29 Jun 2014 2:19PM
Thumbs Up

^^^
Nice drop shot - that's one fore the family album!

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
29 Jun 2014 7:46PM
Thumbs Up

I shoulda packed the mini-m too. At least no-one hassled me for my session.

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
29 Jun 2014 9:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
quirkus said...
Couldn't complain about our fav yesterday. Both reef breaks working, even an A frame with a few barrels for the boogers on the beachie 150mtrs away.
Beautiful sunshine, and a couple of dolphins for the right mood. A few crew, but they managed to spread out a bit because everything was working.. Even the non locals were friendly yesterday..

Was really fun wasn't it! Early was a bit more consistent and solid but even as I left a few good ones were coming through. Good vibe in the water always help make a session special as well.

Razzonater
2224 posts
1 Jul 2014 7:53AM
Thumbs Up

Yesterday was exceptionally small, waist high waves but pretty clean metro ( sort off) Thursday is looking like the day this week

Razzonater
2224 posts
3 Jul 2014 12:39PM
Thumbs Up

Good waves on the beaches today. Banks need some work. There's a couple good ones scarb south

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
3 Jul 2014 7:39PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the heads up Razz. I managed to snag a few before old mate SUP harvested everything along 200m of beach.

grumblegrumble...

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
6 Jul 2014 12:45AM
Thumbs Up

Got a few sneaky ones all on my lonesome at around noon at a beach I've never considered before. Joy!

So who's in for a windy slammin' tomorrow?

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
6 Jul 2014 12:23PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said...
Got a few sneaky ones all on my lonesome at around noon at a beach I've never considered before. Joy!

So who's in for a windy slammin' tomorrow?

Umm that sounds intriguing

Glad someone is getting out, i've surfed a few times but can only surf on my back hand so have decided to let the foot heel

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
7 Jul 2014 3:31PM
Thumbs Up

Surfable waves at bathers beach in Freo.
Classic

LateStarter
WA, 589 posts
7 Jul 2014 4:37PM
Thumbs Up

Snapped a new board in half while surfing a messy Metro Beachie on Sat morning :(

Whats the go with broken boards anyway, is there anyone local that will fix it and donate to disadvantaged kids or similar? I'd rather see some grom get a free board to bash about on than simply chuck it in the bin.

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
7 Jul 2014 5:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
LateStarter said...
Snapped a new board in half while surfing a messy Metro Beachie on Sat morning :(

Whats the go with broken boards anyway, is there anyone local that will fix it and donate to disadvantaged kids or similar? I'd rather see some grom get a free board to bash about on than simply chuck it in the bin.

Bugger! But good question. I know I would've been stoked as a grom to have had a decent (even if once halved) board to thrash. I wish my groms would show some stoke...

Razzonater
2224 posts
9 Jul 2014 8:40AM
Thumbs Up

Waves everywhere today all day. It's 8 am and 3.5 degrees it is coooooold. ( and pumping)

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
9 Jul 2014 11:12AM
Thumbs Up

Definitely cold. I'm still thawing out.

Razzonater
2224 posts
9 Jul 2014 1:13PM
Thumbs Up

Metro beachie not bad at all. Few hollow ones and a few fat ones bit weird but pretty decent

bolgo
WA, 881 posts
9 Jul 2014 2:16PM
Thumbs Up

anyone go to rotto today?

my son and his mates wanted to go in a 4.3m centre console

luckily the dads had more sense, but I would like a report

indicators or stark might have been good

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
9 Jul 2014 2:49PM
Thumbs Up

The offshore reefs looked like they were pumping. I can imagine Rotto going off today.

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
9 Jul 2014 6:11PM
Thumbs Up

Yep, it's a tired old body this evening!
A hot bath and a good stretch. And bevies. Ahhhhhh

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
12 Jul 2014 3:21PM
Thumbs Up

Six hours in the water at A Frames today. The odd ten minute lull but pretty much pumping the whole time. Ken rooted now.

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
12 Jul 2014 5:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
^^

<div>I can't compete with that, but glad I waited for the arvo sesh: The wind and crowd backed off and I managed to score 'that wave' that makes you smile for a long while afterwards...

bene313
WA, 1347 posts
16 Jul 2014 11:55AM
Thumbs Up

Checked out a couple of beach breaks at first light and it was pretty ugly. Spent 30 minutes watching a few different spots and didn't see much at all come through.

Was a 15-20 knot SW'er until 5am when it turned to a very light offshore.

Should be cleaner now though.

bene313
WA, 1347 posts
17 Jul 2014 10:17AM
Thumbs Up

Was worth having a crack this morning. Few good drainers coming through, although some still pretty straight where I was.

blueball
WA, 87 posts
17 Jul 2014 5:24PM
Thumbs Up

Few good ones about today with a crowd factor of zero

!

Razzonater
2224 posts
18 Jul 2014 1:45PM
Thumbs Up

School holidays looking after the kids today took them to check twigg beach not to bad down there

Razzonater
2224 posts
18 Jul 2014 1:47PM
Thumbs Up

Oh I had no board, the kids with me, and they wanted ice cream.. Yeah great you want ice cream I want to go for a surf. What do you mean I'm a meanie...... No no you can't have ice cream.. Why not? ... It's international no ice cream day that's why sweetheart.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
18 Jul 2014 2:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Razzonater said..
Oh I had no board, the kids with me, and they wanted ice cream.. Yeah great you want ice cream I want to go for a surf. What do you mean I'm a meanie...... No no you can't have ice cream.. Why not? ... It's international no ice cream day that's why sweetheart.

Teach them to surf

Razzonater
2224 posts
18 Jul 2014 2:44PM
Thumbs Up

Ones eight, she surfs. The other is 4 and not so keen yet. Me eight year old cam string a few turns together. I think she was as spewin as me lol

Zuke
901 posts
20 Jul 2014 8:46AM
Thumbs Up

Surf's up!

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie