Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
quirkus
WA, 322 posts
3 Aug 2014 9:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Legion said..
Late arvo the go today. Just got home after 4 hours, tempted to go again.

You should have..
Mellow as, about 3-530 at my fave,,, a million crew out ,, but having a few locals there kept the mood pretty good, actually.

quirkus
WA, 322 posts
3 Aug 2014 9:57PM
Thumbs Up

Sorry just an iPhone with me,, and they didn't all close out..
Sunset with a light offshore and decent swell,, not real common in Perth.

genuine
332 posts
3 Aug 2014 10:12PM
Thumbs Up

^^ ya too deep mate lol

quirkus
WA, 322 posts
3 Aug 2014 10:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
genuine said..
^^ ya too deep mate lol

yeah,,, wasn't me,, I was scrambling a bit wider.,, but the sets were peaking there fine if you had the patience,,..

herbyburger
WA, 300 posts
4 Aug 2014 9:03AM
Thumbs Up

The March!Left,Right,Left,

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
4 Aug 2014 2:06PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smicko said..
... I thought it was going to be too big.

Graphs have been recalibrated again, it seems. This winter's different to the last three or so. 1m seems to be last winter's 0.7m.

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
4 Aug 2014 2:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Legion said..

smicko said..
... I thought it was going to be too big.

Graphs have been recalibrated again, it seems. This winter's different to the last three or so. 1m seems to be last winter's 0.7m.

I agree - and 0.5m is closer to 0.3m...

Souwester
WA, 1258 posts
4 Aug 2014 8:54PM
Thumbs Up

Still will only know if you are standing at the beach, coffee in hand, quiver in the surf bus!

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
4 Aug 2014 9:03PM
Thumbs Up

The whole transport site was down on Sunday so you couldn't get a buoy reading. I reckon the swell was late too, there was some solid ones coming through north of the Point about 3-ish on Sunday and it looked to still be building. About 18-20 hours later than forecast.
This internet thingamajig has really changed surf forecasting from what it was 20 years ago, you sure as hell know all about it when it aint workin.

quirkus
WA, 322 posts
4 Aug 2014 9:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Souwester said..
Still will only know if you are standing at the beach, coffee in hand, quiver in the surf bus!

Yep,,, and interesting to see a few stubbies out after a session in the last day or two? Hows the sunset?

NthScb
WA, 73 posts
4 Aug 2014 9:47PM
Thumbs Up

Metro today. Barrels galore!

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
4 Aug 2014 10:00PM
Thumbs Up

What a surprise, that last shot.

Inspired, I went to quirkus'. But it has sucked this year. I've only been a handful of times but it's breaking weird. So I didn't go out, went elsewhere.

NthScb
WA, 73 posts
4 Aug 2014 10:15PM
Thumbs Up

yeah it wasn't the only time either

quirkus
WA, 322 posts
5 Aug 2014 8:53AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Legion said..
What a surprise, that last shot.

Inspired, I went to quirkus'. But it has sucked this year. I've only been a handful of times but it's breaking weird. So I didn't go out, went elsewhere.

It has been a bit weird. Sucked? Sand has been moved all over the place.. when conditions are right,, its all good. :)
Either that or scramble for beachies around town,,

mitchbat
WA, 397 posts
5 Aug 2014 9:10AM
Thumbs Up

Just got back from 12 days in North Sumatra. Epic waves every day with a max crowd of 6

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
5 Aug 2014 9:42AM
Thumbs Up

Yeah quirkus, it is breaking flat and straight and then fattening out. Guys (too many) yesterday sitting halfway to N___s, taking off and then being too deep like your picture. Other guys sitting wide but way closer in than usual and then taking off and it would instantly go fat. In normal years it breaks further out and further to looker's right and then winds down the beach increasing in size with a good wall the whole way. That's not happening at all this year. In particular I haven't seen a single wide one that breaks from the outer bombie and righthanders come through the normal sitting spot. In fact I haven't seen a wave break at the bombie at all and there was enough swell and low tide for it yesterday. Not even feathering.

agnak
311 posts
5 Aug 2014 5:21PM
Thumbs Up

Few pits to be had on the reefs!

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
5 Aug 2014 7:04PM
Thumbs Up

Macaha
QLD, 21883 posts
5 Aug 2014 9:35PM
Thumbs Up

Looks like a good mid length day

Razzonater
2224 posts
5 Aug 2014 7:36PM
Thumbs Up

Waves again,......,,,somewhere. This last week has had opportunities aplenty. This thread is cranking. There's photos everyone's getting waves. People in the water are following ettiquette. Bring it in group hug and a quick koombaya. Life is sweet I have a happy soul

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
5 Aug 2014 8:24PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Razzonater said..
Waves again,......,,,somewhere. This last week has had opportunities aplenty. This thread is cranking. There's photos everyone's getting waves. People in the water are following ettiquette. Bring it in group hug and a quick koombaya. Life is sweet I have a happy soul

Pretty obvious drop in here

Zuke
901 posts
5 Aug 2014 8:59PM
Thumbs Up

Fully stoked after an epic session today, that 14sec wave period really had it cranking. By the looks of this thread we are all scoring big time.

No pics today but kanga's one is awesome!

genuine
332 posts
6 Aug 2014 7:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Razzonater said..

Amen! Best in ages!!

Souwester
WA, 1258 posts
6 Aug 2014 8:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said...

That's a terrible looking wave JB..from where you rather be!

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
7 Aug 2014 1:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Souwester said..

jbshack said...

That's a terrible looking wave JB..from where you rather be!

Yeah but what you can't see is the crowd. Three people just sharing waves. Disgusting

Actually what was crazy was the size of the Mozzies flying around. At one point they seemed to be working as a team and i felt the Prado moving

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
7 Aug 2014 4:28PM
Thumbs Up

It illustrates what I was saying - straight and then fat. Look where the guy is, fat and flat. Normally it winds down the beach there.

quirkus
WA, 322 posts
7 Aug 2014 9:15PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah, agree ,, but gotta be better than close outs over 3 ft water on sand banks in the metro, with a 10mtr ride at best, and a gazillion 15 yo's attempting the latest air ..?

Zuke
901 posts
8 Aug 2014 4:07PM
Thumbs Up

Today.

Greenroom
WA, 7608 posts
9 Aug 2014 11:03PM
Thumbs Up

Bombs away!!!

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
10 Aug 2014 2:42PM
Thumbs Up

Had a ball again today, same place as last week. A few epic Point barrels being scored and managed a amazing keeper for my memory bank.. I didn't make it out but it was big and ballsey and seemed to run for ever.. (Ok on my scale)

A question though, if your sliding out on bottom turns (board is just flat and slips away) is that more an issue of fin size or am i not setting my rail correctly

I was blaming the Medium fins (I'm 96 kilos) but i think its the more a rail issue as some waves were just amazing to ride and some just slipped away

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie