Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
mitchbat
WA, 397 posts
8 Nov 2014 5:34PM
Thumbs Up

Some cracking waves around this morning not too far from home.

Phil27
WA, 194 posts
8 Nov 2014 7:52PM
Thumbs Up

Could not get out today, I wish I never saw them ^

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
9 Nov 2014 10:32AM
Thumbs Up

Not much chop today... lots of people, lots of dumpers... Mullaloo completely choked by weed. Junior comp and clubbies filling out Trigg 2nds... and 40+ at Metts... so I went for a walk along Trigg beach... You can well and truly smell the whale oil at Scarborough right in front of the amphitheatre.

Hope some of you managed to snare a wave amongst all of that...

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
9 Nov 2014 2:33PM
Thumbs Up

Fun little peaks north of big smoke, not as crowded as expected. Feed at local cafe for lunch now off to pub with the boys!

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1301 posts
9 Nov 2014 5:52PM
Thumbs Up

Couple of mushy ones but still good fun

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
9 Nov 2014 8:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GPA said..
Not much chop today... lots of people, lots of dumpers... Mullaloo completely choked by weed. Junior comp and clubbies filling out Trigg 2nds... and 40+ at Metts... so I went for a walk along Trigg beach... You can well and truly smell the whale oil at Scarborough right in front of the amphitheatre.

Hope some of you managed to snare a wave amongst all of that...

I went back out with the kids. Yep the weed was ridiculous

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
12 Nov 2014 9:59PM
Thumbs Up

Surprisingly smokin this morning. Water warmer too.

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
14 Nov 2014 9:15AM
Thumbs Up

Grovel at metro beach this morning, water was boody awesome temp wise.

Groms were frothing!

Saw a pretty bad drop in...to be fair though the Dolphin had been waiting out the back for his wave, the calf should have known better!

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
14 Nov 2014 9:43AM
Thumbs Up

Water temp just switched like a light about a month ago or more, it felt. It's pretty warm right now, yep.

MickPC
8266 posts
14 Nov 2014 3:28PM
Thumbs Up

Personally the water temp doesn't affect me much compared to the wind...& wave consitency. I'm South of Perth & have been surfing in a springy since early September. Water temps been fine. But man does that temp change when the wind swings from E or NE to S. Especially if its up in knots. I thought we were into summer, but yesterday was fricken freezing. Had to get the doona back out lol...Great Ocean road is much worse though. Offshore N/NW is fine, then bang same day swinging S & you can snap freeze

Greenroom
WA, 7608 posts
14 Nov 2014 10:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..

I'm South of Perth & have been surfing in a springy since early September.

Como?

Buster fin
WA, 2576 posts
21 Nov 2014 8:20PM
Thumbs Up

Got a few waves for the first time in a few weeks. Was OK, but the non-smiling faces of those around me was a bit of a bummer.

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
27 Nov 2014 11:44PM
Thumbs Up

This is the WORST SPRING EVER! - especially for us metro weekend warriors...

I had the morning off and ended up doing a load of washing and the dishes and went to work earlier than planned...

Brownie points with the Mrs and the Boss, but I am still not happy Jan!

Buster fin
WA, 2576 posts
28 Nov 2014 8:38PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GPA said..
This is the WORST SPRING EVER!

I thought it was just my imagination.
Thanks for putting me at ease.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
29 Nov 2014 1:54PM
Thumbs Up

Trigg today was wet, but rather chilly at first..

A few okay waves being found by a small few, sadly i wasn't one off them, i found the others that came through.. I may be losing my mind or patience for Perth Surf but twice i just cross stepped up my board for no reason Its hard to nose ride on a 6'2" board..

I think Its my body telling me I'm getting old, well too old for surf like that anyway

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
5 Dec 2014 2:24PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said..

GPA said..

This is rediculous! Took the morning off with the offshore and (tiny) bump in the swell and would have been happy to get a couple of waist high peelers on the mal... NOPE! It was barely knee high and closing out at Trigg 3rd car-park. About 6-7 guys standing waist deep just waiting, waiting, waiting...

I am seriously frustrated I will be so out of form the next time the conditions fire up... Swimming laps and riding the bike is not keeping me surf fit.

[rant over]

DJMWA
WA, 344 posts
5 Dec 2014 2:41PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said..

GPA said..

Pretty stock standard spring for WA I thought. Lots of **** with some gold in between.

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
5 Dec 2014 3:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DJMWA said..

Buster fin said..

GPA said..

Pretty stock standard spring for WA I thought. Lots of **** with some gold in between.

I must have missed all the gold, silver, bronze, copper and tin days!

Greenroom
WA, 7608 posts
5 Dec 2014 10:16PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GPA said...

This is rediculous! Took the morning off with the offshore and (tiny) bump in the swell and would have been happy to get a couple of waist high peelers on the mal... NOPE! It was barely knee high and closing out at Trigg 3rd car-park. About 6-7 guys standing waist deep just waiting, waiting, waiting...

I am seriously frustrated I will be so out of form the next time the conditions fire up... Swimming laps and riding the bike is not keeping me surf fit.

[rant over]

On really small swell and high tide there are a couple of spots in between Trigg and Hillarys that break.

Buster fin
WA, 2576 posts
6 Dec 2014 10:49AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Greenroom said..

GPA said...

[rant over]

On really small swell and high tide there are a couple of spots in between Trigg and Hillarys that break.

quirkus
WA, 322 posts
6 Dec 2014 11:02AM
Thumbs Up

Ok,,, so you're going to have a fight over a knee high break in the Perth metro area... ?

Summer is obviously close... time to chill,,,
and travel, folks.. or change equipment..

Buster fin
WA, 2576 posts
6 Dec 2014 12:16PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
quirkus said..

or change equipment..

Where can I get some lawn bowls and a sombrero?

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
6 Dec 2014 1:20PM
Thumbs Up

I been fishing lately, good fun when no waves, wading the flats in the river on a warm day is pretty good!

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
7 Dec 2014 9:16PM
Thumbs Up

Fell back in love with the Sweet Potato again today.. Helped make 1 foot peelers loads of fun. The water was so nice and with only 4 others sitting on a different peak than me

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
9 Dec 2014 4:00PM
Thumbs Up

I'm heading over to Cairns for some GBR work and at this rate I'm more likely to get a ****ing wave there than in Perth.
This year has been an absolute shocker.

birdman89
77 posts
9 Dec 2014 4:46PM
Thumbs Up

Great winter, terrible spring.

LateStarter
WA, 589 posts
9 Dec 2014 4:57PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
subasurf said..
I'm heading over to Cairns for some GBR work and at this rate I'm more likely to get a ****ing wave there than in Perth.

This year has been one of the best in Donkeys, up to about the start of spring.

It's like someone just flicked a switch and turned off the wave machine.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
9 Dec 2014 5:16PM
Thumbs Up

I'd take last year's winter and spring over this year's, anyday!If all my pics and footage from last year were anything to go by, 2013 wasn't a terrible year by Perth standards.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
9 Dec 2014 5:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
LateStarter said..

subasurf said..

This year has been one of the best in Donkeys, up to about the start of spring.

It's like someone just flicked a switch and turned off the wave machine.

Disconnected the wave machine and plugged in the giant fan

blueball
WA, 87 posts
9 Dec 2014 10:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
subasurf said..
I'd take last year's winter and spring over this year's, anyday!If all my pics and footage from last year were anything to go by, 2013 wasn't a terrible year by Perth standards.

You obviously don't like good waves. It was the best winter in a very long time, exceptional by Perth standards.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie