Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
Legion
WA, 2222 posts
27 Sep 2014 7:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Coohan said..
All bow down to Legion, the master of all Perth Metro surf knowledge.

Well, it is my thread.

I don't know about lots of the coast but I reckon I probably know more about this particular break than anyone else on this thread, unless we know each other IRL really well.

Zuke
901 posts
27 Sep 2014 8:16PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Legion said..
I'll stand by the bet. I think you guys are viewing the past with rose-coloured glasses.

To put it in perspective, an equivalent measurement is Trigg Pt to the second carpark bank. We can double down if anyone wants to claim that?

It was the sixties Legion and I remember catching a wave from Trigg Point all the way to scabs. Then catching a left back again!

So where's my 2 Mil?

Twimby
WA, 483 posts
27 Sep 2014 9:43PM
Thumbs Up

Cyclone Alby waves like Kirra. Train pedestrian bridge to clubhouse.

moohan
WA, 147 posts
27 Sep 2014 9:45PM
Thumbs Up

Haha, rose coloured glasses are off, it's still just Cott main. Bank starting a fair way off the back of the Groyne, breaking over the bell Buoy and finishing up short of Slimies. I can remember 2 arvo sessions like that. But whatever helps you sleep at night. You can keep your house, I'm a nice guy :)

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
30 Sep 2014 10:13AM
Thumbs Up

Lumpy, backwash, crowded but fun session at metro beachy this morning. Did see some drainers made by the usual rippers, plenty of 'Yews', 'Oooohs' and 'Ahhhs'.

Happy days.

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
1 Oct 2014 7:41PM
Thumbs Up

Yeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww arooooooooooooga
4hrs I'm not telling Great fun, crowd varied from 5-15 good etiquette mostly

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
2 Oct 2014 9:06AM
Thumbs Up

Some of the cleanest waves I have seen at the beach this morning, not many out either, could have done without a wetty this morning!

LateStarter
WA, 589 posts
2 Oct 2014 9:15AM
Thumbs Up

Scored some really clean fun waves last night at Perth's favourite beachie. There was a fair sweep pushing everyone further north, so if you were willing to paddle against it you could have a bank to yourself every now and then.

I stayed out till well after dark, then something gave my board a decent nudge from below. Couldnt see anything as it was too dark, but paddled straight in anyway. Here's hoping it was a cranky seal

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
2 Oct 2014 9:39AM
Thumbs Up

Sounds heavy LS!

Do you have 'Surf Safe' system on your board?

Banks are good atm!

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
2 Oct 2014 5:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Souwester said..
Sounds heavy LS!

Banks are good atm!

The Alana Mona Bowl was head to shoulder today, Waikiki going crazy with long boards and Swell hitting North shore next week and everyone is excited

katana
WA, 644 posts
3 Oct 2014 8:47AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

Souwester said..
Sounds heavy LS!

Banks are good atm!

The Alana Mona Bowl was head to shoulder today, Waikiki going crazy with long boards and Swell hitting North shore next week and everyone is excited

gots some pics jb

Zuke
901 posts
3 Oct 2014 5:40PM
Thumbs Up

Another glorious spring day today. Caught a feed of fish, saw some Humpbacks and scored some waves.

Razzonater
2224 posts
3 Oct 2014 6:52PM
Thumbs Up

Nice zuke, surfed a northern reef today 2 hours around north of Perth good fun

Zuke
901 posts
3 Oct 2014 7:10PM
Thumbs Up

Good to hear you scored too Razzonater. PM sent.

Grevas
147 posts
4 Oct 2014 2:37PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the photo Magz

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
5 Oct 2014 12:24PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

katana said..

jbshack said..

Souwester said..
Sounds heavy LS!

Banks are good atm!

gots some pics jb

First surf was Waikiki and in my rush i forgot to change the back door on the GO Pro from the Open one I searched the Islands and bought the last one before the new model is released

Today arrived at our Northshore home. 30 inures unpacked and was in the drink. Got a decent boot as i forgot about the Surfsafe. Sadly for me the swell is getting cleaner but my arms are screaming now..As the sun goes down..

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
5 Oct 2014 12:39PM
Thumbs Up

Nothing special, just a bit excited

Razzonater
2224 posts
5 Oct 2014 1:33PM
Thumbs Up

Nice looks tropical good waves

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
6 Oct 2014 8:21AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Razzonater said..

Early mooring this morning. Surf with no rashy was a treat, warm water, turtles and super mellow crowd..

bene313
WA, 1347 posts
6 Oct 2014 9:07AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

Razzonater said..

Early mooring this morning. Surf with no rashy was a treat, warm water, turtles and super mellow crowd..

Really JB - on holiday and still can't get away from SB. You should go hang out with your kids.

Metro was a difficult task this morning. Looked OK and a few coming through but pretty unsettled.

birdman89
77 posts
6 Oct 2014 10:24AM
Thumbs Up

Absolutely awesome where I was from 6-8am. Unfortunately the easterly picked up and groomed the swell a bit too much. Was hacking 3 top turns per wave when the wonk was around, they were really holding up with a lot of steepness on the face. Best metro surf I've had this year.

bene313
WA, 1347 posts
7 Oct 2014 4:41PM
Thumbs Up

Super fun this morning. Great banks around.

MickPC
8266 posts
8 Oct 2014 1:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

Razzonater said..

Gotta love turtles, one swam through the lineup at middle reef bali 2 days ago

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
12 Oct 2014 3:21PM
Thumbs Up

A very secret spot between Rocko and Mandurah had some fun ones this morning, couple of very long hollow lefts. Someone should've told the other coupla hundred blokes out there that its a secret spot though. Other than that and the angry little Pommy albino dwarf on roids it was good.

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
12 Oct 2014 9:13PM
Thumbs Up

I went down to a popular northern beachie at 8:30am and declared the tide too low and the waves too straight... went back at 2:00pm and had a ball until 4:30pm with 8 or 9 others out max. Score!

PRAWNDOG
WA, 306 posts
12 Oct 2014 9:32PM
Thumbs Up

Even managed to score a few waves this morning, between all of the drop ins and wave hogs, the local shapers must love this time of year...., can't complain to much tho was rather entertaining watching the carnage in between waves

Razzonater
2224 posts
13 Oct 2014 7:35AM
Thumbs Up

Checked northern reefs yesterday. Crowd horrendous did not go out. ( other reef had comp on) tomoz I go to mentawai for two weeks...... Reporting back in around two weeks. Peace out seabreezers....... Oh there's waves now my boards are packed and I'm busy today

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
18 Oct 2014 1:44PM
Thumbs Up

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet. potatooooooooooo

great fun on an appearing and disappearing rip bank secret spot between scabs n Trigg

on an unpleasant note I think someone got themselves into trouble up the beach, clubbies at speed, flashing lights gathering crowd!!! Hope all is okay......very shallow banks!!!

Razzonater
2224 posts
20 Oct 2014 10:38PM
Thumbs Up

In the mentawais at pitstop ill put some pics up when I get back surfed 4 waves in two days 14 hours I'm sore already this place grinds hard. We are getting some solid swell in two days and apparently it's small but I haven't surfed anything under head and a half. I'm not sure i want more swell. The vanguard will be entering bank vault barrels within a day or two. My 6,6 now has no fins due to an unfortunate set wave I pulled into. Anyhow bed time

markjohnson5652
WA, 13 posts
24 Oct 2014 12:24PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed the Alana Mona Bowl was head to shoulder high today, sick surf

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie