Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
1 Mar 2015 8:59PM
Thumbs Up

Nothing speccy today but had a bit of fun, dropped the expectations and went with it. Crew was pretty cruisy, the a-hole bus rocked up as I was leaving ha ha you could feel the mood switch but I was done and dusted by then. Crazy storm as well, cleared a few out of the water!

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
2 Mar 2015 1:43PM
Thumbs Up

LBB cross-shore and smallish at 7:30am with a strong drift - only 3 cars in the car park says a lot. It got progressively worse from there... 2/10.

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
2 Mar 2015 3:14PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GPA said..
LBB cross-shore and smallish at 7:30am with a strong drift - only 3 cars in the car park says a lot. It got progressively worse from there... 2/10.

Strange swell atm, thinking I might go for one now!

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
2 Mar 2015 8:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DARTH said..

GPA said..

Did you have a splash? You inspired me. Was soooooo much better than the early. Ta.

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
2 Mar 2015 8:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said..

DARTH said..

GPA said..

Did you have a splash? You inspired me. Was soooooo much better than the early. Ta.

Yea I did it was fun

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
2 Mar 2015 9:43PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DARTH said..

Buster fin said..

DARTH said..

GPA said..

Yea I did it was fun

We ended up at Perths busiest beach this arvo with my boy and another mate and his boy. We committed with the boys, then 5 minutes later i got a text for a road trip, that would have been epic IMHO Sorry next time. Were did you surf

Anyway had a absolute ball, with no real crowd to speak of. Milkshakes at Yelo on the way home, what else could you ask for

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
3 Mar 2015 10:52PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

DARTH said..

Buster fin said..

DARTH said..

GPA said..

Yea I did it was fun

We ended up at Perths busiest beach this arvo with my boy and another mate and his boy. We committed with the boys, then 5 minutes later i got a text for a road trip, that would have been epic IMHO Sorry next time. Were did you surf

Anyway had a absolute ball, with no real crowd to speak of. Milkshakes at Yelo on the way home, what else could you ask for

Not far from where you were mate

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
8 Mar 2015 3:54PM
Thumbs Up

LBB: very strong off shore at 7:15am; little bit of size, with plenty of white water on the outer reefs - rips got worse through the morning. Started to settle and clean up about 9:45am - then the Southerly was on to it without any glass-off. I got a few OK ones on the mal, but overall very disappointing (again!) 4/10.

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
8 Mar 2015 5:34PM
Thumbs Up

We skipped the offshore and just ran with a cross-onshore building to a true onshore and stronger winds by 9am. No point getting anyone excited with that silly offshore business.

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
8 Mar 2015 7:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GPA said..
LBB: very strong off shore at 7:15am; little bit of size, with plenty of white water on the outer reefs - rips got worse through the morning. Started to settle and clean up about 9:45am - then the Southerly was on to it without any glass-off. I got a few OK ones on the mal, but overall very disappointing (again!) 4/10.

Wasnt classic LBB thats for sure

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
10 Mar 2015 4:45PM
Thumbs Up

Had a fun mid morning surf today North of my usual haunt. It wasn't all time, but i gave it a 3/5 for stoke

Crowd hit 5 (including me) at one point but very spread out so not once did anyone compete for waves

A few old boys have been starting to salivate at the idea of big North swells hitting my local this weekend. They are loving regaling stories of one summer when it was breaking/barreling all down the wall and there is currently enough sand in place.. Im not sure about the idea of surfing it 1 mtr of the rocks though

Fingers crossed either way..

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
12 Mar 2015 10:14AM
Thumbs Up

There was a forecast small increase in the swell, so as I had the morning off I was hoping for a small wave off Trigg after the before work crew had left...

Bloody hell - there's over 40 crew sitting at the Point waiting for the waist high sets... with more heading out!! 3 & 4 going for every ripple...

Nothing through the car-parks - unless you enjoy thigh high straight-handers...

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
12 Mar 2015 12:02PM
Thumbs Up

Yep, I was freediving just north of trigg this morning and couldn't help but laugh and shake my head at all the muppets at the point.What an absolute joke.
At least I had fun...played with a sea lion and saw a small (<1m) shark in the distance.

Greenroom
WA, 7608 posts
12 Mar 2015 1:23PM
Thumbs Up

A couple of mates and I had over head high bombs this morning.
Took this photo before paddling out. It was of my mate pulled in getting shacked. He was too deep and never saw the light.
Rising tide made for some sneaky double over head clean ups

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
12 Mar 2015 8:13PM
Thumbs Up

I cant beat that ^^^^^^^ but had an hour or so of fun this arvo on the beachies.

Zuke
901 posts
19 Mar 2015 5:22PM
Thumbs Up

We finally have some swell and bigger than expected too which was a nice surprise. Shared the stoke and feeling great even though I got hammered a couple of times.

Thanks Huey!

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
19 Mar 2015 5:35PM
Thumbs Up

Yep, spent most of the day in the water. Finally!

Razzonater
2224 posts
19 Mar 2015 5:54PM
Thumbs Up

my promised surf reports never came last week as there was no surf to report......I am on site again when i get home in a few days it will of been four weeks out of the water.....I have not done this long since being 20....not reccomended dont do it

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
19 Mar 2015 6:02PM
Thumbs Up

Fingers crossed tomorrow is still good. Taking the morning of and hanging to finally test my Vanguard properly

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
19 Mar 2015 6:52PM
Thumbs Up

Properly? Where are you headed?

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
19 Mar 2015 8:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said..
Properly? Where are you headed?

In anything bigger than what the Sweet potato loves..I was heading North but wifey has just made a last minute appointment for daughter at the physio so will have to stay close now, so looking forward to just get wet

Boothie88
161 posts
19 Mar 2015 11:43PM
Thumbs Up

A friend of mine who was not working today was nice enough to share these with me

DJMWA
WA, 344 posts
20 Mar 2015 12:46PM
Thumbs Up

Perth businesses must of come to a standstill with all the sickies being chucked today...

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
20 Mar 2015 2:30PM
Thumbs Up

I had two hours of very ordinary surf... crowd, backwash and little shape between Trigg 2nds and 3rds... nice to be in the water though.

LateStarter
WA, 589 posts
20 Mar 2015 2:45PM
Thumbs Up

Mate you must have been near me.

Was nice to get in the water, but definitely nothing to write home about. Huge crowd in the water everywhere today, i guess everyone is frothing after having no waves for Months!

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
20 Mar 2015 2:54PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah - after seeing the zoo at Trigg and as the wind was still a bit stiff I drove down to Cott to see if the reefs were breaking as I had both my fish and the mal in the car... nice shape, but Cove was busier than Trigg and the 666 plague was upon Seconds, and Isolators was very inconsistent with 10+ LB's sitting there waiting, waiting, waiting... I went back to Trigg.

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
20 Mar 2015 3:08PM
Thumbs Up

Gave today a miss...I knew yesterday's humble offerings would bring the crowds today.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
20 Mar 2015 4:38PM
Thumbs Up

I didn't get to travel but still had fun at my local beach. I was stunned at the drop in swell size, but there was still waves running along the beach so lots of fun. A few kids wagging school but not too bad. I bit the bullet and surfed the Vanguard and was very happy, wind was chilly though, first day in a wet suit for a while

Like Boothie said, waves down south looked very nice

katana
WA, 644 posts
20 Mar 2015 5:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
subasurf said..
Gave today a miss...I knew yesterday's humble offerings would bring the crowds today.

crowds 100+ at scabs and crap

Greenroom
WA, 7608 posts
20 Mar 2015 8:36PM
Thumbs Up

Rock up, car park empty and 2 stoked surfers enjoy heaven on earth

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie