Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
mitchbat
WA, 397 posts
2 Aug 2016 8:11AM
Thumbs Up

That third shot is a cracker. Had some pretty tasty waves myself yesterday arvo before it turned into a circus. On another note I saw some pics from Scabs from yesterday morning and it looks like a few crazies were getting some big evil bombs. There must have been a few beatings dealt out

Razzonater
2224 posts
2 Aug 2016 9:02AM
Thumbs Up

A dear friend is in the NW right now, I am awaiting photo updates of last couple days...............................Im working, weds thurs am off hopefully it hangs around for a few more days?????

Andy T
WA, 325 posts
2 Aug 2016 9:46PM
Thumbs Up

Deep...

agnak
311 posts
2 Aug 2016 9:55PM
Thumbs Up

Pumpin yesterday!

oz surf
WA, 407 posts
3 Aug 2016 7:01AM
Thumbs Up

^ Fantastic photo.One of the best surf pictures I've ever seen.Did he make it?

mitchbat
WA, 397 posts
3 Aug 2016 8:16AM
Thumbs Up

^^^ That is absolutely nuts. Agreed that is a classic photo

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
3 Aug 2016 10:52AM
Thumbs Up

Started off 5hit at Trigg this morning then had a solid period of great waves. Arms are knackered and body temp slowly recovering.
Pretty sure I had a toothy friend swing under me. Who knows, maybe it was our mate from Toms.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
3 Aug 2016 11:02AM
Thumbs Up

Fun waves at my local last night till dark. Swell had dropped to a more suitable range and with lines stretching out some. Managed to cop my board to my wrist on a flyaway but for once was thankful of the cold aiding in reducing the swelling to a minimum..

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
3 Aug 2016 11:02AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
agnak said..
Pumpin yesterday!

Thats my dream, not the wave, the jet ski ride back out

Stunning photo

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
5 Aug 2016 10:43AM
Thumbs Up

Got some nice glassy ones at TP this morning before the hordes came out.

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
5 Aug 2016 12:31PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed in front of peters, was nice until I put my knee through the rail

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
5 Aug 2016 1:00PM
Thumbs Up

Bad luck... You're not alone, I did that two weekends ago

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
5 Aug 2016 4:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GPA said..

Was my last wave and tbh wasn't concentrating too much.

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
5 Aug 2016 5:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DARTH said...
GPA said..

Stop popping airs.

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
6 Aug 2016 9:48AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..

DARTH said...

GPA said..

Stop popping airs.

Sorry I will stop haha

Razzonater
2224 posts
14 Aug 2016 1:35PM
Thumbs Up

Drove ti lbb did not go out waisthigh junky sse,.it was.830 when i left there but its probably good now just couldnt wait all day

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
14 Aug 2016 1:42PM
Thumbs Up

Was a bit hit and miss at a northern beachie, but overall I probably had the best weekend of metro surf I have had for weeks and weeks... over 2hrs yesterday and nearly 3hrs today... I waited for the tide to drop and the swell to settle so got out about 9:00am. Got some nice overhead bomb take-offs for a 20m run across some big straight-handers, but when you found them, the shoulder sized ones were the best for holding up and providing a wall and a decent length ride... 6.5/10.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
14 Aug 2016 4:08PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed at Perths premier Northern Spot It was nice to surf gentlemens hours but it was a little slow between sets and that made a few scurry for every wave they could get. Managed a few really fun waves over a 2 hour period. Biggest crowd I've surfed in for months but nice temp and well worth the drive

I was sweating in my 3/2 wetsuit though..Cant wait for summer warmth

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
14 Aug 2016 5:09PM
Thumbs Up

Jeepers JB - sweating?! I was starting to shiver in the last half hour - even though the sun was out and it was 19 degrees... I think I must have had a lazy 15min or so and started to get cold. I am over the winter water temp - and YES before anyone suggests it - I am getting old and soft

Cycled Sorrento to City Beach and the swell has dropped heaps - and there's lots of reef sitting above the water... (around 2:30pm).

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
14 Aug 2016 5:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GPA said..
Jeepers JB - sweating?! I was starting to shiver in the last half hour - even though the sun was out and it was 19 degrees... I think I must have had a lazy 15min or so and started to get cold. I am over the winter water temp - and YES before anyone suggests it - I am getting old and soft

Cycled Sorrento to City Beach and the swell has dropped heaps - and there's lots of reef sitting above the water... (around 2:30pm).

Yeah i fully had steam pouring of me and was splashing my face with water. Mind you spent the rest of the day in shorts and t shirt.. Now i have a nice red tinge to my face, so maybe i was just getting burnt..

mitchbat
WA, 397 posts
15 Aug 2016 9:39AM
Thumbs Up

I put in some long hours in the car on Saturday and was rewarded with 2 hrs with only a couple of seals for company. Well worth the early trip as 8 guys paddled out in the last 10 minutes before I came in.

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
15 Aug 2016 1:27PM
Thumbs Up

Saturday and Sunday were great local, banks are getting better!!

bene313
WA, 1347 posts
16 Aug 2016 9:06AM
Thumbs Up

Dog beach drainers this a.m.

ArtVandelay
76 posts
16 Aug 2016 9:13AM
Thumbs Up

Ouch that looks fairly new.........get that puppy repaired and use it for kiting.

bene313
WA, 1347 posts
16 Aug 2016 10:34AM
Thumbs Up

New to me but was second hand. Bit big for me to kite 5'10 x 18.62 x 2.25

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
16 Aug 2016 7:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bene313 said..
Dog beach drainers this a.m.

Put it on gumtree and say its one of those new Carbon two piece boards

aqwabob
WA, 6 posts
17 Aug 2016 9:33PM
Thumbs Up

Same stretch, same day...

Razzonater
2224 posts
18 Aug 2016 7:14AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mitchbat said...

I put in some long hours in the car on Saturday and was rewarded with 2 hrs with only a couple of seals for company. Well worth the early trip as 8 guys paddled out in the last 10 minutes before I came in.

Aaaaargh fish town.....
Looks like you had it on.. Was the right working??
That was me local for 4/5 years

mitchbat
WA, 397 posts
18 Aug 2016 11:45AM
Thumbs Up

No Razz, the right wasn't much chop. There was the odd one but the left was way better. I'm guessing you may know my mate Dazza?

Razzonater
2224 posts
18 Aug 2016 6:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mitchbat said...
No Razz, the right wasn't much chop. There was the odd one but the left was way better. I'm guessing you may know my mate Dazza?

Aye dazza is a dear friend, old mate.
There were some lads up there in the day, scored a few days with old dazza, sharky, jubie,sir mark harley and a few others magic times at that wave......

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie