Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
Razzonater
2224 posts
3 Jan 2017 8:05AM
Thumbs Up

Guys I ain't got **** this week.....,,,,,
Lbb last week average, reef off Jurien full southerly/chest height....half a dozen local checks but not much joy. Checked jb shacks local it was close to a paddle out but not quite.
I don't know where you guys are surfing...... Maybe I'm just jaded at the moment...
Maybe I should just paddle out, it's probably part of the reason I'm getting fat, to much checking driving looking not enough paddling....

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
3 Jan 2017 10:31AM
Thumbs Up

So much fun yesterday, much better than we were expecting. Near on five hours of clean punchy waist to head high speed runs, can hardly walk today after all the cramps.

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
3 Jan 2017 1:04PM
Thumbs Up

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say I'm sorry to hear that Smiko.

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
7 Jan 2017 7:08PM
Thumbs Up

Nothing to report today?

A drive proved fruitful.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
8 Jan 2017 6:46PM
Thumbs Up

Wind effected and small, but only a small crowd and enjoyable none the less

I couldn't stand watching the Abb people wondering around ripping up the reef, then leaving their rubbish drifting through the waves

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
13 Jan 2017 6:07PM
Thumbs Up

Well here i am in surf mecca GC with North West Winds and bugger all swell and apparently Perth has waves
Have surfed ok DBar - by my low Scarbs summer standards got the Sweet Potato out to rip shred and tear the lacklustre 1-2ft fatness and got completely schooled by the 10year olds ..surfed Kirra by myself and battled the sweep on two passes from groyne to way down past pizza hut and the other rock-got 3 waves worth remembering (low scarb summer standard) but Schooners are $4 and food is cheaper...Scarb standards need to lift in this regard

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
13 Jan 2017 7:16PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mocha1 said..
Well here i am in surf mecca GC with North West Winds and bugger all swell and apparently Perth has waves
Have surfed ok DBar - by my low Scarbs summer standards got the Sweet Potato out to rip shred and tear the lacklustre 1-2ft fatness and got completely schooled by the 10year olds ..surfed Kirra by myself and battled the sweep on two passes from groyne to way down past pizza hut and the other rock-got 3 waves worth remembering (low scarb summer standard) but Schooners are $4 and food is cheaper...Scarb standards need to lift in this regard

I was wondering where you've been hiding during this cracking run of waves we've been having.
Everyone is too surfed out to write about it here though...

Razzonater
2224 posts
13 Jan 2017 8:49PM
Thumbs Up

Tomozza

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
14 Jan 2017 1:26PM
Thumbs Up

^^^ Yeah - but, nah!

LBB VERY ordinary for the early. Wonky, rippy, inconsistent waist high sets with no push... occasionally the wind would look like it was going to drop and the waves would start to clean up - but it just never did (before 10:30am anyway).

Water temp was nice. Overall - 3/10.

PS - how does the service in that Bakery keep getting worse...? they should be killing it with the amount of people coming through so should be able to put another server on between 9:00am and 2:00pm surely?? The line was two wide and right out the door before 11:00am... we waited nearly 20min to be served.

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
14 Jan 2017 5:38PM
Thumbs Up

Hole was a bit meh too, got a couple of decent ones and one cracker but meh overall.

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
14 Jan 2017 8:03PM
Thumbs Up

I opted out of the planned drive and scored locally. Oh how the masses ammassed though.

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
14 Jan 2017 8:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GPA said...
^^^ Yeah - but, nah!

LBB VERY ordinary for the early. Wonky, rippy, inconsistent waist high sets with no push... occasionally the wind would look like it was going to drop and the waves would start to clean up - but it just never did (before 10:30am anyway).

Water temp was nice. Overall - 3/10.

PS - how does the service in that Bakery keep getting worse...? they should be killing it with the amount of people coming through so should be able to put another server on between 9:00am and 2:00pm surely?? The line was two wide and right out the door before 11:00am... we waited nearly 20min to be served.

Which bakery?

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
15 Jan 2017 6:52AM
Thumbs Up

The one 'around the back' of the strip of shops - opp. the skate ramp.

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
15 Jan 2017 7:35AM
Thumbs Up

I hear ya. They need fewer perky breasted women serving. More fuggly blokes. Maybe I can get a post surf casual position.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
15 Jan 2017 12:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said...
I hear ya. They need fewer perky breasted women serving. Maybe I can get a post surf casual pic

Fixed it for ya

Razzonater
2224 posts
16 Jan 2017 6:21PM
Thumbs Up

Lanno bakery clarification.

there are two bakeries,

the he one which has been discussed is a good bakery no doubt. However the guy who owns the other bakery used to own said bakery and is the inventor of such delights as "the Pirates brekkie" which is a salubrious piece of pastry with a slice of bacon and an egg. This must off faded off the radar and personally have not seen it for some time. It is possible that I get to either establishment too late.
moving forward there is a new food in town, I believe it is called a surf dog or something of that nature, similar in taste to a cheese kransky wrapped in pastry. However this is where the similarities stop, the real delight is the sauce within ensuring no dry pastry.
anyway to summarise there are no waves in Lancelin and their is two bakeries one been good and the other excellent.

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
1 Feb 2017 7:52AM
Thumbs Up

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
1 Feb 2017 2:36PM
Thumbs Up

^^^ Please explain!

LateStarter
WA, 589 posts
1 Feb 2017 4:38PM
Thumbs Up

Across the Ditch.

Tourists and Sightseers galore, not so many dudes in the water.

Needed a big board and big paddling arms. Was worth every step of the walk 3kms back to the car where i paddled out.

I have more pics in case anyone's interested...

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
1 Feb 2017 5:06PM
Thumbs Up

Sure! Rub it in!!

LateStarter
WA, 589 posts
2 Feb 2017 1:52PM
Thumbs Up

Just a casual Tow-In session in the backyard...

Indies at the top of the point.

You know its big when blokes are paddling out through the boat ramp!

MickPC
8266 posts
2 Feb 2017 9:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said..
Sure! Rub it in!!

+ 1...rub it in mate, wanna see heaps more. Looks like a lot of fun

Andy T
WA, 325 posts
3 Feb 2017 6:37AM
Thumbs Up

Keep the pics coming!

Razzonater
2224 posts
3 Feb 2017 6:50AM
Thumbs Up

And the crowd goes crazy.
good work late starter surf report with pics. More required.
are there any rights that look like that over there???

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
3 Feb 2017 7:04AM
Thumbs Up

Why on earth was the guy towing in?

LateStarter
WA, 589 posts
3 Feb 2017 8:12AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Legion said..
Why on earth was the guy towing in?

Probably to avoid ending up in boneyards with this guy:

LateStarter
WA, 589 posts
3 Feb 2017 8:25AM
Thumbs Up

Just a couple more:

A well timed rock-hop can make or break your session.

Its a bit of a paddle out from the beach...

Corduroy for days...

MickPC
8266 posts
3 Feb 2017 10:56AM
Thumbs Up

Awesome pics mate, what a beautiful place

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
8 Feb 2017 9:38AM
Thumbs Up

Weekend

Buster fin