2 Aug 2013 1:58PM
Thumbs Up

Changed my mind ;)
Back to work.

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
2 Aug 2013 3:03PM
Thumbs Up

Scored some metro waves this morning before work, bought a new board so was good to get a couple on it.

A bit more size than the bouys were implying - saw some really good waves coming through.

Zuke
901 posts
2 Aug 2013 3:08PM
Thumbs Up

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
2 Aug 2013 4:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Kneeling said..

It's a lot better now jb! A few more out but

Yeah i was out at the turn of the tide and it was getting better as i left. But sadly work was calling

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
2 Aug 2013 5:32PM
Thumbs Up

Just got in... the surf was good at the most popular of Perth beaches... sadly I had an off day and surfed sh!t...end of report!

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
2 Aug 2013 7:16PM
Thumbs Up

Zuke wins!

Only small and deteriorating now GPA.

Not worth it for tomorrow, sadly, everyone.

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
2 Aug 2013 7:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
subasurf said..

Changed my mind ;)
Back to work.

You made a bad call scooby. It was a rare afternoon. Got a bit crowded when two guys got within 50m at one stage. Glassy, then just a ruffle, then lago. Dropping, sure, but some 2'ers and one or two 3'ers. Rights, lefts, oh my!

birdman89
77 posts
2 Aug 2013 8:46PM
Thumbs Up

Yesterday 12-2 while it glassed off was some of the best metro surf i've seen in a while. Few fun ones today as well, finally getting some winter action.

Torch
WA, 521 posts
3 Aug 2013 8:47AM
Thumbs Up

Went offshore rock creeping and scored barrels, that is all

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
3 Aug 2013 11:36AM
Thumbs Up

Back today and it was smaller and had little push. Lots of paddling trying to stay in the right spot but water was nice, got a few and was just happy to get wet

A few reasonable banks TBH. Just need a bit more swell and it would be on

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
3 Aug 2013 1:29PM
Thumbs Up

Crowd factor was a joke today. This pic doesn't even remotely do it justice.

Andy T
WA, 325 posts
3 Aug 2013 6:21PM
Thumbs Up

I didn't think it was too bad, not many out south of perth north of mandurah. Nice banks, calm and good atmosphere = great surf today

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
3 Aug 2013 8:41PM
Thumbs Up

Not too many out a my secret spot x either! Seems no one got Mav,s app to tell em the beach was good this morning!
I did check the Internet before I went tho
Does that mean I didn't deserve a wave today

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
3 Aug 2013 11:11PM
Thumbs Up

That lens is sick, suba. You can see the whole coast.

No-one where I was, not within 100m anyway. Not as good as yesterday, but still OK.

surferstu
1011 posts
3 Aug 2013 11:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
subasurf said..

Crowd factor was a joke today. This pic doesn't even remotely do it justice.

Crowd was huge Friday as well 30 on one bank

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
3 Aug 2013 11:43PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Legion said..

That lens is sick, suba. You can see the whole coast.

It's a bunky old 300mm sigma lens from one of my old film cameras. Used an adapter to get it working on my work camera but really don't like it. Won't be using it again as it's really not ideal for surf photography/videography. Way too much manual adjusting of aperture and focus as it's a non electronic lens so the camera can't tell it what to do
Out of over 100 shots I took this morning with it, that photo is the only "usable" one. I do like the film grain look the lens gives though

Not only have the crowds been a hassle, but there has been a bit of backwash going on around Trigg lately too ;)

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
4 Aug 2013 9:52PM
Thumbs Up

Was good to have a few waves with a small crew that knew the rules, taking turns on fun waves over a bit of reef out

Torch
WA, 521 posts
5 Aug 2013 12:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Souwester said..

Was good to have a few waves with a small crew that knew the rules, taking turns on fun waves over a bit of reef out

yes it really makes a bit difference in the vibe out in the line up.

Friday was on a reef with 6 others and everyone took turns. If you paddled and missed the wave guys would take themselves to the back of the line, it was so good to see, I think I wept.

Went back to the same spot on Saturday, same conditions but different crew and they were pri!cks. Even dropping in on their own mates

come on boys turn it up!!

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
5 Aug 2013 12:30PM
Thumbs Up

I want a job as a Surf reporter,or maybe I should thank them. Me and a mate for the first hour shaking our heads. Tube fest. Drop in, tuck in and spat out yeeew. As the tide, changed it dropped a bit and became a bit inconsistent,but still glassy goodness. 3 hours and this has been up there for the best surfs I have had this year. Only bbecause I scored so many tubes. YEEEEEEEW

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
5 Aug 2013 12:34PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah it sucks doesnt it, only takes 1 bloke to do that and the whole vibe changes. I dont normally surf where I did yesterday was only there cos there was minimal crowd and they all were playing nice.

Really tunes up your wave selection though, a couple of times I took average waves cos I got impatient only to turn around and see old mate snag a bomb

Only surf that pladce when it is like that, ****s me when it is full of pricks, I then usually go and tackle a sketchier wave down the road a bit qwhich is mostly prick proof

WA71
WA, 1382 posts
5 Aug 2013 12:46PM
Thumbs Up

Very nice waves Saturday and Sunday

This was posted in fb......

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
5 Aug 2013 1:19PM
Thumbs Up

I paddled out at trigg today. Absolute washing machine. Dislocated finger (its a dodgy one so doesn't take much these days) resulting in a very unpleasant journey back to shore. Looks like I'm out of action for a bit.

Expect plenty of photos now that I can't surf. You've been warned

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
5 Aug 2013 1:25PM
Thumbs Up

I get a red for a Surf report. You people must **** small animals.for fun. Lol wankers
More just the small minded kooks with all the knowledge and skills from WA. I can't post but I will thumb just like I . Can't eat solid foods and I still love to be breast Fed from my ugly mother yeeew

WA71
WA, 1382 posts
5 Aug 2013 3:38PM
Thumbs Up

A mate of mine has just done the Jim Banks boat trip up to Java

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
5 Aug 2013 4:14PM
Thumbs Up

I want a Jim banks Surf trip now.......that first pic is so good

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
6 Aug 2013 8:24AM
Thumbs Up

First pic is what we all love about surfing, uncrowded peak, good sized wave, in the right spot for a nice take off and a long wall!

katana
WA, 644 posts
7 Aug 2013 7:35PM
Thumbs Up

Scored middles solid double head plus early 3guys out for first 1.5 hrs maybey they were scared off by last nights massive close out sets surfed till dark lots of beatings still worth it 9/10

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
7 Aug 2013 10:31PM
Thumbs Up

Glad it's you not me, last time I surfed decent size middles (head n haf to double)apart from voiding myself on the sets when I got one I had to do the paddle of shame.....got greedy and went to far i on a good wave , couldn't get back out
Tried for about 30min b4 ending up closer to kuta reef and paddling into shore

WA71
WA, 1382 posts
8 Aug 2013 9:58AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mocha1 said..
Glad it's you not me, last time I surfed decent size middles (head n haf to double)apart from voiding myself on the sets when I got one I had to do the paddle of shame.....got greedy and went to far i on a good wave , couldn't get back out

Tried for about 30min b4 ending up closer to kuta reef and paddling into shore

Frickin long paddle!!

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
8 Aug 2013 5:23PM
Thumbs Up

Yep sure is especially after duck diving constantly for 30min and goin nowhere but sideways

Paddled 3/4 way in B4 a boat took pity, then had to walk back from dynasty side of kartika plaza to the kuta boat station!!!

Paddle of shame walk of shame board rash of pain but 1 fine wave

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie