Good move mocha I had prior commitments and was thinking it may of been good

Zuke
901 posts
18 Mar 2018 7:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mocha1 said..
Good fun waves up north of usual northern haunt, waste to chest

Good call again mocha1 but i thought it would have been bigger, in saying that I thought it would have been bigger here too.

MickPC
8266 posts
19 Mar 2018 1:24AM
Thumbs Up

Smaller than expected in the South too...at least we're almost through the swell drought

Razzonater
2224 posts
20 Mar 2018 5:15PM
Thumbs Up

Checked my local haunts offshore today hoping for a wave, the cyclonic easterly this morning blew any little piece of swell we had to pieces.
managed to bag a quick fish

Zuke
901 posts
20 Mar 2018 6:16PM
Thumbs Up

Nice Pinky, best eating size too!

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
23 Mar 2018 8:26AM
Thumbs Up

mitchbat
WA, 397 posts
23 Mar 2018 7:15PM
Thumbs Up

can anyone tell me what the current state of play is with the Derrs track? Best point of access? I know the politically correct answer so don't need the standard line. PM would be nice

IFocus
WA, 582 posts
25 Mar 2018 10:13AM
Thumbs Up

Finally got waves today after a long spell yeeeewwwl.............back is killing me, arms fallen off, ribs sore......old age just gotta suck it up

Razzonater
2224 posts
25 Mar 2018 10:27AM
Thumbs Up

Couldn't get out of town today due to lunch family stuff.
the point had a least 100 people out and by at least I counted at least 75-80 with more running down. Checked thirds one bank with 50-60 drop ins snaking and poor behaviour..... bought a coffee cake home, those that get out of town today will score....... I know where I'd be if I could

Poida
WA, 1916 posts
25 Mar 2018 11:15AM
Thumbs Up

perth metro

Buster fin
WA, 2576 posts
25 Mar 2018 5:41PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Photographic GOLD. You shot the only wave without a drop in.
Edit: I think upon closer inspection, he may have dropped in.

Razzonater
2224 posts
25 Mar 2018 7:05PM
Thumbs Up

I surfed Perth's real premier point today with 5 other people waist / shoulder epic arvo sesh

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
29 Mar 2018 1:17PM
Thumbs Up

Super Sunday

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
29 Mar 2018 2:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DARTH said..
Super Sunday

Any more pics Nathan? I was expecting to be able to find a heap, but the ones I have seen have not shown Trigg 2nds firing.

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
29 Mar 2018 3:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GPA said..

DARTH said..
Super Sunday

Any more pics Nathan? I was expecting to be able to find a heap, but the ones I have seen have not shown Trigg 2nds firing.

I recon I took easy 180 pics, got home after a surf to have a look no memory card

I've got two DSLR bodies that are the same and grabbed the wrong one, needless to say I wasn't happy lol.......

BTW the pic is of the arvo about 2.30pm.

Razzonater
2224 posts
30 Mar 2018 4:59PM
Thumbs Up

I got nothing was hoping that everyone would be out of town but the Trigg to scarb stretch was busy busy busy...........

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
30 Mar 2018 6:58PM
Thumbs Up

^^^
I drove around looking for 90min after seeing the crowd at Trigg - ended up South of the rocks at Trigg 3rds and it was poo... just back-washed close-outs... worse is that I tweaked my right shoulder pulling back hard last second on a king-closeout that 15 seconds beforehand I had delusions of taking...

Buster fin
WA, 2576 posts
30 Mar 2018 7:46PM
Thumbs Up

I'm glad I got out of Kansas! Unfettered B grade waves? I'll take that over Triggs madness!

Buster fin
WA, 2576 posts
31 Mar 2018 8:02PM
Thumbs Up

How empty were the beaches today, kiddies? Devoid of both humans and waves...

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
2 Apr 2018 2:53PM
Thumbs Up

LBB at 9:00am howling Easterly... about 30-40 out, but spread along the usual stretch. About waist high average - occasional shoulder high peak. Hard to get even on the mal with that wind blowing you back. Wind eased at about 11:00am and strangely so did the crowd, so I stuck it out until 12:30pm and managed to get a bag full of small clean lefts... nothing too serious, just fun in the sun... three cops and a multinova on the way back - check your speed people - they are out in force for double demerits!!

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
3 Apr 2018 9:40AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GPA said..
LBB at 9:00am howling Easterly... about 30-40 out, but spread along the usual stretch. About waist high average - occasional shoulder high peak. Hard to get even on the mal with that wind blowing you back. Wind eased at about 11:00am and strangely so did the crowd, so I stuck it out until 12:30pm and managed to get a bag full of small clean lefts... nothing too serious, just fun in the sun... three cops and a multinova on the way back - check your speed people - they are out in force for double demerits!!

So close to doing the drive but didn't.

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
3 Apr 2018 6:55PM
Thumbs Up

Did the drive further north, was ok but the banks sus. Crowd not bad got a couple to make it worth the drive.
Got breath tested at RBT in Wanneroo.....all good
didnt see the camera.....hope all good

time for a rant

dropping the speed to 100 means folks travel at 80-90 but find the xtra Ks in the overtaking lanes..... a boon for the revenue boys when cameras are in the f$&$%^g overtaking zones!!!!

another rant

Its now April Huey.......I'm watching you!!
hopefully Lombok proves to be as good as it has been for the last 5 trips........10 days and counting

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
3 Apr 2018 7:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mocha1 said..

time for a rant

dropping the speed to 100 means folks travel at 80-90 but find the xtra Ks in the overtaking lanes..... a boon for the revenue boys when cameras are in the f$&$%^g overtaking zones!!!!

another rant

Its now April Huey.......I'm watching you!!

Agree with both rants - I had people doing 90km, then find the accelerator in the O/T lanes!

And yes - it's APRIL FFS - one of my regular Winter spots is like a kiddy beach ATM... it usually starts working in March...

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
3 Apr 2018 8:08PM
Thumbs Up

Headed south and east. Scored great waves on Friday. Super fun but sadly very paddle un fit

Had a blast took our boat and enjoyed ourselves. My rant though is why, when im towing a boat, do i need to continually overtake idiots doing 80

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
4 Apr 2018 11:44AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..
Headed south and east. Scored great waves on Friday. Super fun but sadly very paddle un fit

Had a blast took our boat and enjoyed ourselves. My rant though is why, when im towing a boat, do i need to continually overtake idiots doing 80

On the freeway in a 100 zone

MickPC
8266 posts
4 Apr 2018 2:18PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah annoying we get it here too with cars sitting side by side blocking 2 lanes doing under the limit. Last weekend was bad, heaps of blowins with their 4WD's loaded up with boards & bikes or extra wide side mirrors driving under the limit in both lanes coz of the double demerits while I was trying to get to work

On the bright side, fun waves today while everyone was back at work

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
4 Apr 2018 7:53PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DARTH said..

jbshack said..

On the freeway in a 100 zone

Most of it was on country roads, 110 km an hour. I could legally only do 100 but when cars were struggling to climb hills its just pathetic.

Surfed again tonight at Aloha, Really good fun TBH..

Razzonater
2224 posts
6 Apr 2018 2:01PM
Thumbs Up

So took a punt and headed out to my favourite local. Swell not quite doing it at a metre, it was odd as when I got home checked trig and it was breaking at waist height + at the point?????
anyway as it was pretty (flat) small I went and had a bit of a zip around in the boat.
For the David Attenborough lovers there were huge schools of sardines everywhere.
Anyway I was cruising along like a scene out of Miami vice ( that's how I drive my boat) and out the corner off my eye a large orange slick was on the surface, we slowed right down and there were millions (possibly billions I'm not a good counter) of little plankton just smashing the orange/red foam like the water was teeming.
The orange stuff is coral spawn and every critter was feasting hard on it.
It only spawns once a year (or two) and divers set timers and fly around the world to see the spectacle.
i was pretty stoked, took the opportunity to cruise around and mark some lumps.
It was hectic, photos don't give it credit but I took a couple off my phone.

Buster fin
WA, 2576 posts
7 Apr 2018 8:32AM
Thumbs Up

That means the big boys have heard the alarm ringing too.

Buster fin
WA, 2576 posts
8 Apr 2018 7:23PM
Thumbs Up

Is it too early to get excited about next weekend's forecast today?

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie