8266 posts
10 Feb 2020 7:50PM
Thumbs Up

Had a pea at a break and a few barrels too

Razzonater
2224 posts
10 Feb 2020 8:30PM
Thumbs Up

This is more of a rant with surf conditions thrown in.
Friday at work had to get a tender in was supposed to be in yalls for longboard round Saturday....

didnt go, many many complex reasons why but really it was about time and not having enough of it.

saturday the comp was held in fun looking waist to chest height glassy waves, I seen photos and my heart died a little, sure it wasn't that good I told myself as I shoved a pen in my ear aiming for my pea sized brain. Due to the length of the pen and the size of my brain no damage was done and I curled up in a ball sucking my thumb and rocking myself to sleep.

I awoke on Sunday at 6 am to three texts from two different humans surfing novelty / croshore spots down there, both of whom thought I was in town and would like to share a couple rippity tubular sort of fun waves that we are denied living in the concrete jungle that is Perth.

I texted back with the great news that whilst I'd love to I couldn't join them as I worked late Friday ran out of time and tried to stick a pen into my brain and failed.

With a rage burning inside me that could fuel an atomic submarine for 50 years on an intergalactic voyage I journeyed down to good old trigg, hey it's 630 let's just make the most of it you miserable piece of ship.

I arrived to knee to waist maybe chest straighthanders with a bit of shoulder that broke into another section of the same straight hander.

Oh yippee I yelled as I skipped down the beach clicking my heels.

I forced myself to go out and surfed for a timeframe of no more than 40 minutes and no less than half an hour, proceeded to catch 4 or 5 "waves" ( waves: description not completely accurate)

when I felt that enough nuclear rage had been consumed I came in, it was disgraceful.

I got home and mowed the lawn and did cabana boy jobs for the rest of the day for my wife.
clean this, fix that , my soul was fulfilled with happy memories of the weekend and the joy that being stuck in Perth brings on some weekends.

I went about my business at work today, and received some more texts, double head reef breaks , the bays were head height and plus some in some of them , light winds and pretty decent swell direction.

I drove home and realised what a wonderful three days ( and tomorrow too) it had been for every other surfer I know.

Checked the bank account as I thought it's best I just go see a therapist or someone who can perform a lobotomy just to help.

Couldnt afford it

So I wrote this post instead.

I know what comedy is and this weekend was the opposite

JESUSGUS
WA, 169 posts
11 Feb 2020 11:56AM
Thumbs Up

Kick in the swell with favourable winds tomorrow. Hope the local has a few for the before work early.

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
11 Feb 2020 8:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
JESUSGUS said..
Kick in the swell with favourable winds tomorrow. Hope the local has a few for the before work early.

If it's Metro you will be joined by 10000 frothers in a beforework frenzy scrapping over waves so straight that they are actually obtuse breaking into ankle deep banks supplemented by a vengeful backwash intent on board/body damage.....all in the hunt for a mythical 10m ride

and that's the optimist in me

JulianRoss
WA, 543 posts
12 Feb 2020 7:45AM
Thumbs Up

soooo,
The rock was good yesterday.
...and yes Mr Fin, the arms are sore and the eyes are sun burnt.....

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
12 Feb 2020 12:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
JulianRoss said..
soooo,

I assume 'the rock' is that unaffordable paradise on the horizon...

Well I hope you're feeling sorry for yourself. ??
I went North with the promise of crystal perfection but was met with lacklustre inconsistency. Then came the incessant wind. Followed by the persistent kooks.

MickPC
8266 posts
12 Feb 2020 1:56PM
Thumbs Up

Sorry Raz ...on the upside that is potential post of the year comedy

Gas Bomb 7am this morning, boys were getting shacked, photo taken from about 2.5km away. I was looking for some grunt, decided on less grunt.

JulianRoss
WA, 543 posts
12 Feb 2020 4:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said..

JulianRoss said..
soooo,

I assume 'the rock' is that unaffordable paradise on the horizon...

Well I hope you're feeling sorry for yourself. ??
I went North with the promise of crystal perfection but was met with lacklustre inconsistency. Then came the incessant wind. Followed by the persistent kooks.

Yes, in the time honourd tradition of not naming a break, but giving a clue to those in the know, the rock could well be that unaffordable paradise on the horizon. It is also a haven for the surf starved very average abilities surfer just needing a fix. The kings ransom that i paid to indulge in the wave feast will count as naught at the end of my life, but some of those waves.... well.... there is no description. No it wasn't epic, but in contrast to the slop on offer in the metro area, it was consistent, fun sized, great shape and long rides. No further description out of respect for Razz's state of mind.
Am I feeling sorry for myself? Nope, not a bit. Muscle pain and sore eyes are the currency of joy for this old man. If I'm feeling fit and loose, it's because I've been doing too much prep and not enough surfing. I wear my rigid movements and groans as I bend over as a badge of honour.'
Typical conversation today:
'Why are you sore JR? "
'oh because I surfed the rock with only 5 out. Big session.. yep bit sore..'
"Bastard"

Razzonater
2224 posts
12 Feb 2020 8:19PM
Thumbs Up

The weekend coming looks very ordinary however Monday and Tuesday look quite delightful...

Good work mick, and Julian looks like there's a few on here who got to indulge.

Look we are coming into swell season and I have sort of calmed down so now I'm just more hurt than angry.

Id promised Huey my attendance in his playground and he even lined it up for me than I never showed up,, at least he knows what it feels like to be let down now.

This weekend looks mediocre at best but it's like a game of pumping Monday to Wednesday has begun.

I understand Huey's point here but he really doesn't need to be hurtful like this

Now do I book Tuesday off for a day trip or alternatively save it to tack onto a weekend and do a three day trip down south.......

i think a three day surf bender is coming up

Grevas
147 posts
13 Feb 2020 3:24PM
Thumbs Up

Grevas
147 posts
13 Feb 2020 3:24PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Grevas said..

Pterigyum had a big day out

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
13 Feb 2020 3:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..

Gas Bomb 7am this morning, boys were getting shacked, photo taken from about 2.5km away. I was looking for some grunt, decided on less grunt.

I got flogged yesterday.

MickPC
8266 posts
13 Feb 2020 8:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..

MickPC said..

I got flogged yesterday.

Same, woke up with a very stiff neck today due to going over the falls on a couple of bombs after the wind kicked in...sore but stoked

Hope ya score Raz, share some pics when ya get back

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
13 Feb 2020 10:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..

thedrip said..

MickPC said..

I got flogged yesterday.

Same, woke up with a very stiff neck today due to going over the falls on a couple of bombs after the wind kicked in...sore but stoked

Hope ya score Raz, share some pics when ya get back

Aaah....see you are assuming I got flogged catching waves. I couldn't even get out and got flogged trying to get in after giving up.

MickPC
8266 posts
14 Feb 2020 7:15AM
Thumbs Up

lol I opted for the South side of gtown & the Nth kicked in pretty much as we got there & made the double ups next to the indicator rock a little tricky at times

Had a better surf Wed, surfed 3 diff spots, was very nice in the arvo when that strong offshore backed off.

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
14 Feb 2020 5:14PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..
lol I opted for the South side of gtown & the Nth kicked in pretty much as we got there & made the double ups next to the indicator rock a little tricky at times

Had a better surf Wed, surfed 3 diff spots, was very nice in the arvo when that strong offshore backed off.

Mmm...northerly double ups...sounds inviting you're lucky you didn't push a bit hard and get horseshoed into the ledge/rocks.

MickPC
8266 posts
14 Feb 2020 8:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..

MickPC said..

Mmm...northerly double ups...sounds inviting you're lucky you didn't push a bit hard and get horseshoed into the ledge/rocks.

haha if I pushed harder I would have surfed Suicides or elsewhere before the wind kicked in...only had a 6'6 Boyd Purdy, so a little undergunned. But I got some great shots...I'll upload more soon

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
17 Feb 2020 3:46PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed Huzzas stretch this morning - bloody big! We watched the kamikaze and pros wrangle North Point, some awesome surfing going down ??

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
17 Feb 2020 5:54PM
Thumbs Up

Surely there were some bombs ridden along the metro coast. Would anybody like to share?

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
17 Feb 2020 6:19PM
Thumbs Up

Went North but not too far
good fun, maybe too big and too West to be perfect but 100m rides were up for grabs when the waves cooperated.
Tomorrow and Wednesday could be exceptional further North

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
18 Feb 2020 3:41PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said..
Surely there were some bombs ridden along the metro coast. Would anybody like to share?

Got it.
I managed to get down early this arvo and it was a closeout bonanza. I managed to tag the lip but once and slapped my nuts on a dredging pit once to counter it. And I think I was doing better than most.

Razzonater
2224 posts
18 Feb 2020 3:47PM
Thumbs Up

Didn't take any day off work didn't go down south working all week
called Monday tuesday as good from last week
havent surfed "waves" for a few weeks
reckon a few spots would of been on fire over last two days
Thank you for asking how happy I am on a scale of one to ten.
It is very low maybe 1-1.5
Sometimes you don't realise what scoring waves actually means to you until you don't get them for a few weeks...........

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
18 Feb 2020 5:39PM
Thumbs Up

Get down there Razz, you'll regret it.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
19 Feb 2020 2:59PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed yesterday arvo with about 40 of my favourite boogers..First surf since New years so was enjoyable, if not fleeting..

TimKay
752 posts
23 Feb 2020 7:14AM
Thumbs Up

Close outs as far as the eye could see this morning
I saw one wave break ruler straight from Scarborough to Trigg
It was like Waikiki in Hawaii when everyone takes off together and goes straight
Fun times
4/10 from Swellnet

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
23 Feb 2020 8:12AM
Thumbs Up

5/10 now

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
23 Feb 2020 10:35AM
Thumbs Up

Wouldn't know... could not park the car anywhere near the Trigg stretch. Did laps with many others for 40min then parked at the back of North Beach and walked down to Mettams to find the usual 'party wave' fiesta going on... boards going over each other etc... I'm feeling a touch dusty after a 40th last night so did not want to add to the chaos and risk getting a board in the head. SMOT packed, even First reef NB had a dozen on it... with a couple on Second Reef and Grabbers.

My Mrs thinks I'm getting too old and picky - today she is right!

TimKay
752 posts
23 Feb 2020 10:37AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said..
5/10 now

I think the numbering system is based on 1 point for every average meter/length of ride
A 5 out of ten would equate to about a 5 meter ride which sounds about right for this morning

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
23 Feb 2020 6:16PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed nearly three hours yesterday locally. Slow, but not bad when the sets came in. Forced to share with 4 or 5 of us.

Then two and half hours today north of here on a rather decent sized bomb. Sadly i didn't do it justice but again was enjoyable..

Feeling rather sunburnt currently.

Zuke
901 posts
24 Feb 2020 11:44AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Huey.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie