starboard foil guide 2018/2019

Created by seanhogan > 9 months ago, 2 Jun 2018
mmilhazes
94 posts
14 Jan 2020 11:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
IWB said..
The 500 stabilizer comes with the Starboard freeride foil setup.. ie 1100 front wing, 75cm fuselage and 500 rear wing. A very stable and forgiving foil. Closer feel to the Starboard GT foil than the Super Cruiser in my opinion.

Hi IWB

It?s Mario again
I was going to buy the Freeride foil as you recommended on another thread but everyone at my spot tells me to go for the GT-R because it has a bigger mast and bigger fuselage.
They say that a 95cm fuselage his way more stable than a 75cm. They also say that after some days the freeride will be boring while the GT-R will be for fun for long time.

As i told you before, i am around 80KG and have a Isonic 147L foilready.
I have tried foiling and didnt like it very much (i used a NP pink foil with a JP 130L freeride board)

Now in 2020 want to give it a serious go, no racing for me. Just want to foil between 10 and 15 knots.

As i see you have tried all of them is your recomendation for me still the freeride or do you think the GT-R is better?

Thanks and sorry for coming after you with more questions

IWB
210 posts
16 Jan 2020 6:56PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Mario,
If I recall, your initial foil choice was between the Starboard Freeride and GT. As you wanted the less racey option and better lightwind performance, the Freeride was the slightly better choice.

TheStarboard Freeride is a great choice if you want that slightly slower option. It is very stable as it has the very large front and rear wing. It is possible to order the Freeride with a 95cm mast... however you will need to speak to a Starboard dealer for this special request and it costs more.

The Starboard Gtr is a very nice option and more powerful than the GT as it uses the 95 fuselage instead of 75cm. If you want to slowdown the Gtr and gain even better low end lift and stability, then order (special order) the 1000 front wing. The Gtr will have better upwind angles over the Freeride and have similar low end performance if used with the 800 front wing stock setting.

mmilhazes
94 posts
16 Jan 2020 10:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
IWB said..
Hey Mario,
If I recall, your initial foil choice was between the Starboard Freeride and GT. As you wanted the less racey option and better lightwind performance, the Freeride was the slightly better choice.

TheStarboard Freeride is a great choice if you want that slightly slower option. It is very stable as it has the very large front and rear wing. It is possible to order the Freeride with a 95cm mast... however you will need to speak to a Starboard dealer for this special request and it costs more.

The Starboard Gtr is a very nice option and more powerful than the GT as it uses the 95 fuselage instead of 75cm. If you want to slowdown the Gtr and gain even better low end lift and stability, then order (special order) the 1000 front wing. The Gtr will have better upwind angles over the Freeride and have similar low end performance if used with the 800 front wing stock setting.

Thanks IWB for the reply!! Right on spot!!
Cheers!!

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Foiling

"starboard foil guide 2018/2019" started by seanhogan