Forums > Windsurfing General

Dolphin slaughter - The Cove (ABC1 830PM Sunday)

Created by WindWarrior > 9 months ago, 28 Aug 2011
barn
WA, 2960 posts
31 Aug 2011 4:52PM
Thumbs Up

^^ I don't agree with the Japanese hunting dolphins, or Papuans hunting Papuans.. That was responding to doggie pointing out it's ok for Aboriginals to kill dugongs cause they are both native.. There is a point where the culture must be abandoned for common decency.. *I'm out

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
31 Aug 2011 5:00PM
Thumbs Up

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dugong

Read this barn.

dan berry
WA, 2562 posts
31 Aug 2011 5:37PM
Thumbs Up

There's 2 reasons there are little fish stocks left in Japanese waters, pollution and overfishing. Dolphins have been around a sh@load longer than Japanese fishermen and they never ran out of fish?????

barn
WA, 2960 posts
31 Aug 2011 6:00PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...

Read this barn.

Yeah I already read the whole page but what's the specific point this particular wiki entry makes?

Lol, you always do this, post a link and tell me to read it, but all I do is read it and interoperate it in a way that i'm still right..

BTW I am watching the Cove now, they really need some Japanese activists in their team.. At the moment it seems like self-righteous white folk trying to save flipper.. I don't think the mercury content and friendliness of dolphins is a good argument against killing them either.. Should just stick to the 'It's 2011 lets stop killing cetaceans'

Edit** Back to an earlier point about it being OK for Native Australians to hunt Native Dugongs. Dugongs have been natives in our waters since the Eocene- about 30 million years ago, whereas Aboriginals have been here for just 40000 years.. As far as the Dugong is concerned, aboriginals are just as introduced as the rest of us..

WindWarrior
NSW, 1019 posts
31 Aug 2011 11:29PM
Thumbs Up

1600 vs 23 000 killed annually

At that rate how long before Dolphins join the endangered list at the hands of the Japanese... just like some of the whale species they have been hunting via a legal loop hole endorsed by the IWC... for so called 'scientific research'

The scientific research argument is finally starting to wear thin which is why the Japanese representatives at the IWC are buying off poorer nations for their votes. All of which is fully endorsed by the Japanese Government.

Windxtasy
WA, 4014 posts
31 Aug 2011 9:52PM
Thumbs Up

Let's not "muddy the waters" by intoducing arguments about Dugongs and other species. We need to focus on one issue at a time to have any chance of being effective.
The Cove issue is mass slaughter, killing whole family groups and "tribes". Animals migrating together along traditional routes. It is genocide and will reduce the genetic diversity of the whole species, weakening the species as a whole.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
1 Sep 2011 10:12AM
Thumbs Up

barn said...

doggie said...

Read this barn.

Yeah I already read the whole page but what's the specific point this particular wiki entry makes?

Lol, you always do this, post a link and tell me to read it, but all I do is read it and interoperate it in a way that i'm still right..

BTW I am watching the Cove now, they really need some Japanese activists in their team.. At the moment it seems like self-righteous white folk trying to save flipper.. I don't think the mercury content and friendliness of dolphins is a good argument against killing them either.. Should just stick to the 'It's 2011 lets stop killing cetaceans'

Edit** Back to an earlier point about it being OK for Native Australians to hunt Native Dugongs. Dugongs have been natives in our waters since the Eocene- about 30 million years ago, whereas Aboriginals have been here for just 40000 years.. As far as the Dugong is concerned, aboriginals are just as introduced as the rest of us..

Yea I know, I just cant be f#cked trying to explain things to you then you put your own spin on it. you seem to disagree just to get people revved up.
TBH if the Japs wanna eat dolphins and get mercury poisoning, good luck to the idiots

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing General

"Dolphin slaughter - The Cove (ABC1 830PM Sunday)" started by WindWarrior