Forums > Windsurfing General

FIJI - Speedweek August 14-28 2010

Created by Warren Francis > 9 months ago, 25 Jan 2010
RAL INN
SA, 2884 posts
13 Feb 2010 11:06AM
Thumbs Up

That would be "flowers in Warren's Hair", and him wearing his happy pants.

Old Salty
VIC, 1271 posts
13 Feb 2010 5:47PM
Thumbs Up

Has he still got those He was wearing those 3 year ago

RAL INN
SA, 2884 posts
14 Feb 2010 10:27AM
Thumbs Up

Old Salty said...

Has he still got those He was wearing those 3 year ago

Steph has had to add some material to the butt area.

Warren Francis
NSW, 206 posts
16 Feb 2010 2:26PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Guys

Safari Lodge rates have always been in AUD, since 1991 when we started. Fiji currency devaluation only made things 35% more expensive to buy locally, and we did not pass on any increases to our customers in 2009.

Our rates again in 2010 are in AUD, however a BEER is still $4 FJD or about $2.35 AUD - you may wish to tell me where you can buy a beer in Aussie for that!

The weekly rates are inclusive Airport back to Airport....

Dale (Formula Nova) knows that, you booked and visited us in Fiji in 2003....you paid AUD then!

Rgds

Warren

I'll post a photo of the lovely pants- thanks!
Warren

FormulaNova
WA, 14654 posts
16 Feb 2010 2:08PM
Thumbs Up

Warren Francis said...

Hi Guys

Safari Lodge rates have always been in AUD, since 1991 when we started. Fiji currency devaluation only made things 35% more expensive to buy locally, and we did not pass on any increases to our customers in 2009.

Our rates again in 2010 are in AUD, however a BEER is still $4 FJD or about $2.35 AUD - you may wish to tell me where you can buy a beer in Aussie for that!

The weekly rates are inclusive Airport back to Airport....

Dale (Formula Nova) knows that, you booked and visited us in Fiji in 2003....you paid AUD then!

Rgds

Warren

I'll post a photo of the lovely pants- thanks!
Warren

Hi Warren, how are you going?

You are right; I have been to Fiji, but I went with your competition at the time - 'Go Windsurfing'. Do you remember Simon Cunningham? We stayed next door at the Morrissons. You guys were still working on your accommodation back then I think. I didn't stay with you guys, so I don't know what you were charging back then, or what currency it was in.

That was in 2004 and again in 2005 (edit: definitely 2004 and 2005). I haven't stayed at Safari Lodge myself, but I hope to make it there one day. It will be good to see the place finished, as it was still underway when I was there.

I think in total I did about a season and a half at your Port Stephens trips back in 2002/2003, but other than that, I haven't been to one of your trips, here or in Fiji.

In my post in this thread I was referring to another poster that said that with the stronger AUD it was cheaper to stay at Safari Lodge. I was just pointing out that if you charge in AUD, then there is no way it can be any cheaper.

I don't think anyone cares what currency you charge in, but it was good for Tony to point me to the charges for the fortnight. It sounds like it will be a good couple of weeks.

Warren Francis
NSW, 206 posts
17 Feb 2010 8:06AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Dale

Fiji is good - been through some wonderful times and windy times, but generally good!

We now have 40 beds in a variety of private Rooms, Dowms and Beachfront Bures & Ocean View Villa.

More importantly, we now operate Fiji Pro Center for Neil Pryde, JP Windsurfing and Cabrinha kiteboarding, so have lots of toys to play with and a lovely rack of new boards / rigs.

Here's a few of my favourites from Peter's trip. Especially the new Rival he now has, Larisa carving up the Bay. Since that photo she got in the harness, footstraps and is now cruising along - well done. There will be no stopping Peter now, especially now he has a sparring partner who is determined to be better than him in 2 years!

The Impact Vest is the standard Rip Curl impact vest with a built in 6 pack! I considered it precautionary given Peters vegan diet and slim build! Amazing stamina though, he would Windsurf for hours and hours on end. It did make him look superhuman! lol!!!!!!!!

GavGav
VIC, 193 posts
17 Feb 2010 9:34PM
Thumbs Up

Warren Francis said...

so have lots of toys to play with and a lovely rack of new boards / rigs.

Mmmm! Racks of toys... Nice!

pedro e
VIC, 257 posts
17 Feb 2010 10:53PM
Thumbs Up

Yep, I'm hoping to get Lari out sailing this Sunday if she's not too hung over from the big 40th birthday bash for her and her twin brother this Saturday night!

I am also gently dropping hints about how good it would be to exit Melbourne's long cold winter for a week of tropical warmth (and some speed sailing)

Thanks Warren for being a great host! Lari said it was the most relaxing holiday she has ever had - even with all the waterskiing and windsurfing.

RAL INN
SA, 2884 posts
18 Feb 2010 8:06AM
Thumbs Up

Had a further revision of the website to fix up some confusion on pricing.
http://www.ralkiteboarding.com/?page_id=76
And I'm still searching for a picture of warren in his Happy pants.

FormulaNova
WA, 14654 posts
18 Feb 2010 6:43AM
Thumbs Up

RAL INN said...

Tony, can you fix up your website so that it doesn't have a category for:

'Lessions & Clinics' - "Lessions" are not something people want to pay for

I think you might want to offer lessons

If we keep posting to this thread every day we can have a countdown to speed week.

Warren Francis
NSW, 206 posts
18 Feb 2010 10:35AM
Thumbs Up

OK...sorted all now!

Searched my Terrabytes of guests photos and found the following...

Aleeci - my daughter wondering what kite to pump up next....

Me - dressed with Steve - runner-up to bad dress night party!

Rob - a close 3rd with the lovely local shirt

Tony - overall Winner (for lack of clothes more importantly!)
- PS. He's the really fit one on the end.

RAL INN
SA, 2884 posts
18 Feb 2010 11:36AM
Thumbs Up

FormulaNova said...

RAL INN said...

Tony, can you fix up your website so that it doesn't have a category for:

'Lessions & Clinics' - "Lessions" are not something people want to pay for

I think you might want to offer lessons

If we keep posting to this thread every day we can have a countdown to speed week.

Thanks for pointing that oiut.

FormulaNova
WA, 14654 posts
18 Feb 2010 9:43AM
Thumbs Up

RAL INN said...

Thanks for pointing that oiut.

Noi worriesie

RAL INN
SA, 2884 posts
18 Feb 2010 12:28PM
Thumbs Up

I now have seriouis lesions on my eyeballs. those happy pants were woise than I remembered

whippingboy
WA, 1104 posts
20 Feb 2010 11:46PM
Thumbs Up

Kiter promoting windsurfing

Shenanagins [}:)]

RAL INN
SA, 2884 posts
22 Feb 2010 8:30AM
Thumbs Up

whippingboy said...

Kiter promoting windsurfing

Shenanagins [}:)]

more like a windsurfer who kites. and is not Irish. a bit dyslexic but not Irish.

Warren Francis
NSW, 206 posts
9 Mar 2010 6:55PM
Thumbs Up

yes

A Windsurfer of 32 years and now a kiter of 10 years.....lucky i get to do both!

You can't change a mans passion for watersports...just need to make sure life is balanced....like one week of kiting, one week of Windsurfing....but never the two are mixed together!

Life on an island in the Pacific does have its bonuses!!

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing General

"FIJI - Speedweek August 14-28 2010" started by Warren Francis