27 May 2018 11:12AM
Thumbs Up

Don't they talk finny up there, strange race of people

DarkHorse
QLD, 129 posts
16 Jun 2018 12:11PM
Thumbs Up

So, are is Green Island actually on?
Where can one get details etc considering it's less than one month away...

Yuppy
VIC, 664 posts
17 Jun 2018 1:20PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Darkhorse.

yes its on - according to www.windsurfing.org

but the registration for it is all a bit hard and confusing.

I assume you need a race number. Where do you get one?

I assume you need to register for the event. Where do you do this?

www.windsurfing.org/ says its on. and it has a link to windsurferclassaustralia.tidyhq.com which is closed down. there is a link on this page to regatta toolbox where you can sign up but it has no information on the event. Its a trail of links that go nowhere.

This will be my first nationals. If anyone can tell me where to register and get my race number, i will buy you a beer in cairns!

DarkHorse
QLD, 129 posts
17 Jun 2018 1:31PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Yuppy,
As in the past you'd need to be a member of a Club (for Insurance) - therefore a member of Australian Windsurfing - Sail numbers are issued by a Club or Windsurfing Australia.

Beyond that, It would be nice to have confirmation from an organiser that it's happening and where/how to enter - It's all very late for people to organise leave from work, sort out accommodation and flights etc.

I hope it is on, I'm on a mine near Young and would love an excuse to go warm up in Cairns for a week.. plus windsurf..

jamesf
NSW, 992 posts
17 Jun 2018 9:22PM
Thumbs Up

Some technical issues apparently - from AWA website:

Select to expand quote
Sunday July 15 - Thursday July 19, 2018
Our GI website has been taken offline due to circumstances beyond our control. Permits etc. are all in process. Slalom and Freerace exactly as per previous years including the normal rules guidelines etc. especially the 2 board 2 sail or alternative 1 board 3 sail registration limit for all/both disciplines combined. We're working hard to get the website and online registration ready as soon as possible.

Yuppy, not sure if there are any AWA clubs in Victoria to give you a sail number, but call the Vic Rep (Ian Fox) and I'm sure he can sort you out. His details are on this page:
www.windsurfing.org/contacts.htm

Alternatively you can join an interstate club and register a sail number through them. There's a few options but I'll put in a shameless plug for Marmong Point Sailing Club in NSW :)

Windsurfer Class is actually the Wally/One Design class. They have their own nationals separate to Green Island.

JonesySail
QLD, 1084 posts
18 Jun 2018 9:25PM
Thumbs Up

etc etc....

GINats
QLD, 111 posts
19 Jun 2018 9:56PM
Thumbs Up

Game. ON. As are online entries... and all relevant info... greenislandnats.org . . . . 2018. Let's ride. Get ON it !

GINats
QLD, 111 posts
19 Jun 2018 10:22PM
Thumbs Up

And in case anyone needs a little reminder or motivational moment...or just feels frozen cold ???

(sorry Laurie about the bandwidth, but I don't too many others will complain...) Enjoy. See you soon. 15 July. FNQ

byronmc
NSW, 503 posts
20 Jun 2018 9:53AM
Thumbs Up

Ready to escape the cold.
can you please add link to website as the stated website does not exist anymore.

buzzy
TAS, 2433 posts
20 Jun 2018 10:31AM
Thumbs Up

Looks like the link does not redirect to page when using Chrome, Internet Explorer works fine.

downunderpro.com/greenisland/

JonesySail
QLD, 1084 posts
20 Jun 2018 2:00PM
Thumbs Up

yep, working fine on IE

Grand Masters starts what age? 21+ ?

PeteClifford
QLD, 13 posts
26 Jun 2018 7:14PM
Thumbs Up

I travelled to Japan to drop off my 7 year old daughter for a holiday with my In-Laws. Then I was free to work on my catamaran in Brisbane. While I had time waiting for the return flight to Cairns at Tokyo Airport (Narita) I considered whether I had enough free time to enter the Green Island event. As I wandered around the duty free shops I got a message and my answer?

I then got on my flight opened the Jetstar magazine and received my second message.

See you there, I hope.

Yuppy
VIC, 664 posts
8 Jul 2018 8:00AM
Thumbs Up

im getting excited.

Sail number is on the way

off to Zu to pick up my new boom and mast

Kel71
QLD, 65 posts
8 Jul 2018 8:10AM
Thumbs Up

from vimeo.com/user69278434 on vimeo.com.

choco
SA, 4034 posts
9 Jul 2018 4:39PM
Thumbs Up

Kel71 said..

from vimeo.com/user69278434 on vimeo.com.

Great video but what is that noise?

Bradman
VIC, 52 posts
12 Jul 2018 7:05PM
Thumbs Up

All the best Yuppy, enjoy the boardshorts warm water!
Keep us updated.

Revoboardsports
WA, 66 posts
15 Jul 2018 5:43AM
Thumbs Up

Two practice days started well with plenty of wind and sunshine.

sboardcrazy
NSW, 8021 posts
15 Jul 2018 7:56AM
Thumbs Up

Great shots. Looks good.

ausbinny
164 posts
15 Jul 2018 2:20PM
Thumbs Up

Looking nice ?? shame I'm on the mainland ??

Brett Morris
NSW, 1197 posts
15 Jul 2018 4:52PM
Thumbs Up

Day 1. Quick report... perfect conditions, no surprises there're huh.....

slalom to start.... approx 18 knots. Most people on 7.8m.
2 slalom tables completed...results will be up soon, but I think Alex Rouys from New Caladonia won both. Nice work...
The Female and youth fleet had some of the best racing though. Too close to call.

Withthe tide out, the free race 1hour session was called. Again results up soon....

photos etc will be up soon also....Loads more racing coming up tomorrow. Can't wait

seanhogan
QLD, 3424 posts
15 Jul 2018 6:22PM
Thumbs Up

HI Brett, How did Mo do in the ladies ???

Revoboardsports
WA, 66 posts
15 Jul 2018 9:54PM
Thumbs Up

Revoboardsports
WA, 66 posts
15 Jul 2018 10:11PM
Thumbs Up

Kazza
TAS, 2342 posts
16 Jul 2018 8:42AM
Thumbs Up

Brilliant action photo's Paul, now my adrenalin is pumping

John340
QLD, 3137 posts
16 Jul 2018 8:58AM
Thumbs Up

What is the URL for the results

bindy
1 posts
16 Jul 2018 8:17AM
Thumbs Up

Yesterdays slalom results are on the Green Island Nats page under the RESULTS tab.

greenislandnats.org/

Brett Morris
NSW, 1197 posts
16 Jul 2018 2:38PM
Thumbs Up

Day 2 report.
Slalom was postponed to wait for the wind to settle. There was plenty for straight line speed, but not enough for 10 competitors to plane out of the gybes. (Green island is a no-****ty slalom venue).

In in the mean time another 1hr gps/freerace was held in picture perfect conditions.

Loads of photos and results will be posted on wwe.greenislandnats.org

Brett Morris
NSW, 1197 posts
16 Jul 2018 2:38PM
Thumbs Up

Day 2 report.
Slalom was postponed to wait for the wind to settle. There was plenty for straight line speed, but not enough for 10 competitors to plane out of the gybes. (Green island is a no-****ty slalom venue).

In in the mean time another 1hr gps/freerace was held in picture perfect conditions.

Loads of photos and results will be posted on wwe.greenislandnats.org

Dezza
NSW, 928 posts
16 Jul 2018 4:54PM
Thumbs Up

todays freerace conditions

Revoboardsports
WA, 66 posts
16 Jul 2018 5:55PM
Thumbs Up

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing General