Forums > Windsurfing   Gps and Speed talk

Lake George, SA 2014-15

Created by Bonominator > 9 months ago, 8 Nov 2014
choco
SA, 4032 posts
26 Feb 2015 8:20AM
Thumbs Up

Hopefully you will get to experience LG at it's best in the future,clear water and covered in weed, from 2012-13

sboardcrazy
NSW, 8016 posts
26 Feb 2015 10:30PM
Thumbs Up

Wow I'd love to have it like that..here's one of the the Lake George mud monsters ( me) hamming it up for the cameras..

AJEaster
NSW, 696 posts
27 Feb 2015 10:26AM
Thumbs Up

^^^^^^^someone slipped some TURBO-LAX into your morning coffee Sue!

sboardcrazy
NSW, 8016 posts
27 Feb 2015 10:38AM
Thumbs Up

Photo doesn't really get across the quicksand like feel the mud has when you are trying to move/ launch in it..board moves but you don't!

choco
SA, 4032 posts
27 Feb 2015 11:08AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
sboardcrazy said..
Photo doesn't really get across the quicksand like feel the mud has when you are trying to move/ launch in it..board moves but you don't!

Look on the bright side at least it was windy lol

aussieboats
NSW, 342 posts
27 Feb 2015 12:18PM
Thumbs Up

After our visit to Lake George i realised how easy to use a small speed board , and Iam looking for a 50 litre speed board for Maree she found the 71 too big and we are planning to come down again next year , so if any one has a small speed board they dont want please contact me iam sure theres a few boards laying around not being used .

Bonominator
VIC, 5477 posts
27 Feb 2015 12:59PM
Thumbs Up

It's a different place altogether with weed. Thanks for posting that gorgeousness.

Maybe next year for me Choco!

keef
NSW, 2016 posts
27 Feb 2015 3:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
aussieboats said..
After our visit to Lake George i realised how easy to use a small speed board , and Iam looking for a 50 litre speed board for Maree she found the 71 too big and we are planning to come down again next year , so if any one has a small speed board they dont want please contact me iam sure theres a few boards laying around not being used .

there could be a slim chance this board mite be on the market , custom falcon speed 41/54lt, the board was made for luderitz , the previous owner was one of the botany OMO boys , yep the pussy of the team gave it one run at primbee , if the board doesn't come up to my exportations it will be on the market or maybe bartar, hey mark

sailquik
VIC, 6091 posts
27 Feb 2015 3:45PM
Thumbs Up

Hey! If it was perfect every year, there would be nothing to look forward to! Bring on 2016!!

aussieboats
NSW, 342 posts
27 Feb 2015 5:23PM
Thumbs Up

Nice looking board for sure

sick_em_rex
NSW, 1600 posts
27 Feb 2015 5:43PM
Thumbs Up

Booked your accomodation yet Daffy???

KA360
NSW, 803 posts
27 Feb 2015 6:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
keef said..

there could be a slim chance this board mite be on the market , custom falcon speed 41/54lt, the board was made for luderitz , the previous owner was one of the botany OMO boys , yep the pussy of the team gave it one run at primbee , if the board doesn't come up to my exportations it will be on the market or maybe bartar, hey mark

Swap you a naish sp60 for it or the board you should be riding to improve your sailing,a carbon Flare 101.

keef
NSW, 2016 posts
27 Feb 2015 6:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
KA360 said..

keef said..

Swap you a naish sp60 for it or the board you should be riding to improve your sailing,a carbon Flare 101.

how can you swap a sp60 when you don't even own one
Select to expand quote
aussieboats said..

actually I have 2 naish sp60's , a CA44, and the fanatic , 3 of the 4 will be on the market after the winter westerly's

tonyd
QLD, 397 posts
28 Feb 2015 3:25PM
Thumbs Up

sboardcrazy
NSW, 8016 posts
28 Feb 2015 7:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
tonyd said..

Good video . great to see the drive to Cockies. I didn't take any photos of the lake. Wish I had as it' so featureless and I got lost 2/3x..One time I avoided driving into the water just to realise there was no water it was just a heat mirage!

AUS4
NSW, 1254 posts
28 Feb 2015 8:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
keef said..

aussieboats said..

I think that's a slalom board Keef

sailquik
VIC, 6091 posts
28 Feb 2015 8:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
sick_em_rex said..
Booked your accomodation yet Daffy???

I've got my campsite earmarked! I think I will be in residence annually for a couple of months.

sailquik
VIC, 6091 posts
28 Feb 2015 9:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AUS4 said..
I think that's a slalom board Keef

The markings are certainly confusing if it is 41cm wide as described by Keef!

Jezstrt
TAS, 1471 posts
1 Mar 2015 12:33AM
Thumbs Up

Funny what some people classify as really choppy..

Bonominator
VIC, 5477 posts
1 Mar 2015 1:53PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah I may be overdramatising the chop but all reports I'm getting are that you're going to have fun, but if you've experienced LG in better conditions you may be disappointed. Certainly not great for NM, Alpha and 1Hr PB's if those PB's were set in the better years but still chances for top speed PB's around the edges.

I'm still keen if I can get away for a few days.

sboardcrazy
NSW, 8016 posts
1 Mar 2015 2:31PM
Thumbs Up

Season may be over???

izaak
TAS, 1973 posts
1 Mar 2015 9:29PM
Thumbs Up

Dad and I really enjoyed our trip to LG. This year! Great to catch up with many, as well as
Meet many others. Dad and I thought overall the conditions were nice. I certainly didn't find it choppy. Even going off downwind for a NM was just like normal. Great fun, Just don't get sucked into that 5mile run, if it's not very windy

Overall a very enjoyable trip, with some great fun sailing days, with everyone else having a ball. The 'glossy' water is something special, insane to sail on it. Or should I say glassy

sailquik
VIC, 6091 posts
2 Mar 2015 12:08AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
keef said..

I think I have found that board/s on the Luderitz speed challenge FB page:

aussieboats
NSW, 342 posts
2 Mar 2015 8:41AM
Thumbs Up

i think Maree might really like that board if it comes with that sort of hardware

keef
NSW, 2016 posts
2 Mar 2015 10:24AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
aussieboats said..
i think Maree might really like that board if it comes with that sort of hardware

don't sell your self short mark

good find daffy, the board looks a lot wider with the custom straps , i'll make some new ones after I have Finnish my fin project

the falcon straps are comfy with a lot of padding witch makes them sit high off the deck , I tend to kick them getting out of them

B rad
QLD, 44 posts
2 Mar 2015 10:48PM
Thumbs Up

That was my custom board for Luderitz. Fanatic made 2 Luderitz speed boards a 44 & 41 wide designed by Dutch speedy Peter de Wit. That's the 41. They didn't have any graphics for the speed boardsat the time so they used the slalom graphics. Kind of confusing but a great board never the less.

bearhoover
TAS, 708 posts
3 Mar 2015 7:33PM
Thumbs Up

Evening all, after a great session on the lake on Monday we are now faced with a Westerly tomorrow and am in need of some advice. We are not expecting a golden day being an unfavored direction for lake George but are keen to be on the water and just make the most of it.
Can anyone give us any knowledge on the best place to sail LG in a Westerly, even though it may be the best of a few bad options any time on the water puts a grin on my face ;) still trying to wipe the grin off from Monday!

Some ideas of ours below, any input appreciated.
Thanks guys
Ben

decrepit
WA, 12111 posts
3 Mar 2015 7:32PM
Thumbs Up

Last year Jimbob warned about cockies in a westerly as it blows the water over the track and makes it muddy and slippery, not to mention covered in salt water. But with a light wind and low water level you may get away with it.
But I think the safest option is out on the spit, you may just have a bit of a walk to get to deep enough water.

John340
QLD, 3119 posts
3 Mar 2015 9:44PM
Thumbs Up

We sailed in a 15kt WNW on the lake a week or so ago. Apart from being a bit gusty it was a good afternoon's sail. Good enough for a 22kt to 25kt hour for the three of us who sailed that afternoon.

We rigged at Cockies. The wind did push the water over to this side of the lake, which reduced the walk to launch, but did not threaten the road in. 25kts might be a different story. Be careful to avoid Rod's Rock Garden. Rig for the lulls and hang on in the gusts.

John340
QLD, 3119 posts
3 Mar 2015 9:52PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
B rad said..
That was my custom board for Luderitz. Fanatic made 2 Luderitz speed boards a 44 & 41 wide designed by Dutch speedy Peter de Wit. That's the 41. They didn't have any graphics for the speed boardsat the time so they used the slalom graphics. Kind of confusing but a great board never the less.

Brad

Were you Mr January!

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing   Gps and Speed talk

"Lake George, SA 2014-15" started by Bonominator