bushfire
NSW, 351 posts
10 Feb 2020 7:37AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
BarryFawkes said..
Bushy should have been a second place in race 1

Hi Barry,
Unfortunately Brent didn't sail the correct course......., so I inherited the win.

bushfire
NSW, 351 posts
10 Feb 2020 7:38AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ian85 said..
I was 3rd in race 1 and 2
Ian

Will fix up tonight

bushfire
NSW, 351 posts
10 Feb 2020 10:04AM
Thumbs Up

Round 4 - Kurnell on Botany Bay - NOTE : SUNDAY (16th Feb)

This is being run as part of the Kurnell Cup at the Kurnell Cat Club, corner Ward St and Prince Charles Parade, Kurnell. The NSW Raceboards Series Round 5 is also being run at the same time, so there will be a beach full of windsurfing/foiling/sailing craft.

Please follow the parking directions and signs as it will be very busy near the club.

The NOR is here www.kcc.asn.au/
FORMULA/FOIL BOARD racing registration 9.00 am.
Briefing 11am.
RACING 1pm.

We will do as many races (up to 5) as the club can manage.

Do not register on line via the KCC site. The registration procedure will be as per normal for our series, with additional KCC requirements;

(1a) Series entered competitors - sign the series-entered-list provided by me
(1b) For non-series entered competitors - fill in registration form and pay me $30
(2) Fill in the documentation required by KCC at the club - normally on the first floor
(3) DO NOT pay the KCC officials - I will pay for our competitors via single payment.
(4) KCC may also have a sign on/sign off sheet to be filled in. If not I will provide one for our competitors.

The long range forecast looks like moderate SE winds, which will make it nice and flat!
See you there

bushfire
NSW, 351 posts
11 Feb 2020 6:07PM
Thumbs Up

Formula results redone :

bushfire
NSW, 351 posts
16 Feb 2020 7:41PM
Thumbs Up

Round 4 has been run and won at the Kurnell Cat Club, with and unexpected SE wind making for flat water and interesting racing. Probably 10 - 14 knots of wind allowed the efficient race crew to bang out 5 two lap races, mixed in with 4 races from the raceboarders. The top mark was particularly tricky with swirly wind causing some big change of positions in some races.

Thanks to the race crew from KCC.

For this round the results are;

For the series the results after round 4 are;

As before, if you see a mistake contact me.

Roger Lucas was the sole Formula competitor.

AUS169
NSW, 58 posts
16 Feb 2020 11:14PM
Thumbs Up

Just after the start of Race one for the foils. Sorry, phone died shortly there after.

DavidHowe
NSW, 82 posts
17 Feb 2020 12:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bushfire said..
Round 4 has been run and won at the Kurnell Cat Club, with and unexpected SE wind making for flat water and interesting racing. Probably 10 - 14 knots of wind allowed the efficient race crew to bang out 5 two lap races, mixed in with 4 races from the raceboarders. The top mark was particularly tricky with swirly wind causing some big change of positions in some races.

Thanks to the race crew from KCC.

For this round the results are;

For the series the results after round 4 are;

As before, if you see a mistake contact me.

Roger Lucas was the sole Formula competitor.

Hi Glen, FYI, I was a DNS in race 3 as well as the DNF in race 2.
Cheers, D

bushfire
NSW, 351 posts
17 Feb 2020 4:11PM
Thumbs Up

Updated results from yesterday;

fjdoug
ACT, 547 posts
19 Feb 2020 10:58AM
Thumbs Up

Like Glen said thanks to the Kurnell Catamaran Club for hosting the round, the guys in the boats did a great job.
It was good to be at an event with the raceboarders too.

bushfire
NSW, 351 posts
3 Mar 2020 11:02AM
Thumbs Up

Final round of the season - this Saturday, 7th March at Koonawarra Bay Sailing Club on Lake Illawarra.
The same arrangements as earlier in the season (see above), but with some wind! Forecast shows a 10 - 20 knot southerly, so should be plenty for 5 races!

Briefing : 11:00am
First possible race : 12:00

Series prizegiving will be after racing.

See you there!

bushfire
NSW, 351 posts
8 Mar 2020 7:22PM
Thumbs Up

A very patchy southerly wind plagued the first race - just not enough for the formula boards and very tricky for the foils. The second race started in a similar fashion but the wind increased to above 20 knots for the second lap making mostly overpowered fun for everyone. The final 3 races saw a increasingly steady wind leading to some good battles across the fleet.
It was a great way to end the series , with the complete last 3 rounds making up for the first two rounds lost due to no wind.
A big thanks to the KoBSC club for hosting the round, particularly Ralph and Jon on the boat and Ralphster on the shore. Also thanks to the IYC Windsurfers for manning and supplying a duck as the course boat - thanks John & Ron.

Thanks to the photographers John Riggs & Nick Nelson. See a bundle of photos from the regatta on facebook - look for Illawarra Speedsters - www.facebook.com/groups/1433999690257487/

Congrats to Roger Lucas for winning this season's Formula Championship and Glen Morrell for the Foiling Championship

Results for the round & series;

berowne
NSW, 1279 posts
8 Mar 2020 8:46PM
Thumbs Up

Great series of events, despite the inconsistent wind. Thanks for organising Glen!!

Tibor
NSW, 60 posts
8 Mar 2020 10:07PM
Thumbs Up

Thank you for doing all that work behind the scenes through the year Glenn. I feel very positive about the coming season. Could easily double our numbers ..

CJW
NSW, 1718 posts
9 Mar 2020 4:56PM
Thumbs Up

They certainly were challenging conditions for the first few races, some huge lead changes in that first race, I think I gained about 300m then lost about 500m in the space of a few minutes, wind was all over the place It came in fairly solidly for the last 3 races though, a good way to finish out the season.

Thanks again Glen and all those behind the scenes for organising the series, although we had a few rounds with no wind overall it was great. I also think the fleet overall has got a lot closer in terms of the spread and the fleet has got a lot faster. Every year we seem to be making quite large gains at the moment. Here's to a bigger fleet next year...which should happen given it's the Olympic discipline now.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing   New South Wales

"2019/20 NSW Formula/Windfoil Series" started by bushfire