Forums > Windsurfing   New South Wales

Windsurfer LT / One Design and Original Windsurfer NSW

Created by 327585 > 9 months ago, 4 Oct 2018
NSW, 76 posts
10 Feb 2019 9:44PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Everyone

Following on from our 107 entrants at the Nationals held at Toronto and 25 at Narrabeen we are hoping this final heat of our Summer series will be big.

Maybe Post here to let us know who is coming.

NSW, 76 posts
10 Feb 2019 9:46PM
Thumbs Up

FYI I aim to make it to Woollahra, (Peter Doolan Sail No 230.)

Al Haynes you will be there won't you? (I hope so I think you are transporting my board ....... lol)

Please do let us know here or contact Al or myself is possible, we are just trying to get the logistics right on the day.

albymongrel
NSW, 257 posts
10 Feb 2019 10:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
327585 said..
FYI I aim to make it to Woollahra, (Peter Doolan Sail No 230.)

Al Haynes you will be there won't you? (I hope so I think you are transporting my board ....... lol)

Please do let us know here or contact Al or myself is possible, we are just trying to get the logistics right on the day.

Yes Pete I will be there!
Al

yes please let us know if you are planning on coming to Woollahra, Kurnell Cup or toronto.

Btw Kurnell Cup on next weekend
open for all classes
foiling championships on there same weekend
bic technos heat 5 there as well
wallies welcome, not sure if I will make that one, if not at Kurnell, will be at Toronto.

ChrisD67
NSW, 40 posts
11 Feb 2019 3:53PM
Thumbs Up

What time will the racing start this Sunday at Kurnell? And what is the address of the club? Thanks.

AUS817
NSW, 391 posts
11 Feb 2019 4:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ChrisD67 said..
What time will the racing start this Sunday at Kurnell? And what is the address of the club? Thanks.

The following is from the Raceboard crew. But same venue and event so use this as a pretty definite guideline :-

Raceboard series at Kurnell Cat Club, corner Ward St and Prince Charles Parade. NOR is here www.kcc.asn.au/ Rego is from 9.00 am, briefing 10am and racing at 11AM.

albymongrel
NSW, 257 posts
11 Feb 2019 7:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AUS817 said..

ChrisD67 said..

The following is from the Raceboard crew. But same venue and event so use this as a pretty definite guideline :-

Raceboard series at Kurnell Cat Club, corner Ward St and Prince Charles Parade. NOR is here www.kcc.asn.au/ Rego is from 9.00 am, briefing 10am and racing at 11AM.

Hi all, yes confirmed these details with Brett Morris today. Entry fee is $25 payable on the day to the club.

normster
NSW, 325 posts
13 Feb 2019 4:11PM
Thumbs Up

what time briefing at woolahra ?

albymongrel
NSW, 257 posts
13 Feb 2019 6:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
normster said..
what time briefing at woolahra ?

Hey Normster
wally sailors will only be doing the afternoon session.
briefing approx 12:30 sailing about 1pm.

techno rippers will be there much earlier.

are you still giving away that original Wally stuff? A young guy up here needs a few rig parts.
i could pick up at Woollahra if you like
cheers
Al 0438336495

NSW, 76 posts
18 Sep 2019 10:30PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Saratoga Windsurfer Class Invitational 28 September 2019

Hi Everyone

The Race Board Class and Windsurfing NSW have included our Class to attend an invitational race on Saturday the 28th September 2019. The Race Boarders helped us run our States so they know how to run a Windsurfer Race.

John, Peter and Lyndon all raced their LT's with us at the last Nationals and on a weekly basis do all they can to help people either join or return to our sport.I know we will be more than welcome. For this race we will be using the Race Boarders NOR and Sailing Instructions with payment to go directly to the Race Board Class.

This event is listed on www.windsurferclassaus.comNSW - Saratoga Invitational

When - Saturday, 28 Sep 2019

Where - Saratoga Sailing Club, 10 Willaroo Road, Saratoga NSW 2251, Australia

Description Get along for some course racing fun with the Raceboards.Registration 10:00 - 10:30 hrs

Briefing 10:30 hrs
Racing 11:00 hrs

NSW, 76 posts
18 Sep 2019 10:30PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Saratoga Windsurfer Class Invitational 28 September 2019

Hi Everyone

The Race Board Class and Windsurfing NSW have included our Class to attend an invitational race on Saturday the 28th September 2019. The Race Boarders helped us run our States so they know how to run a Windsurfer Race.

John, Peter and Lyndon all raced their LT's with us at the last Nationals and on a weekly basis do all they can to help people either join or return to our sport.I know we will be more than welcome. For this race we will be using the Race Boarders NOR and Sailing Instructions with payment to go directly to the Race Board Class.

This event is listed on www.windsurferclassaus.comNSW - Saratoga Invitational

When - Saturday, 28 Sep 2019

Where - Saratoga Sailing Club, 10 Willaroo Road, Saratoga NSW 2251, Australia

Description Get along for some course racing fun with the Raceboards.Registration 10:00 - 10:30 hrs

Briefing 10:30 hrs
Racing 11:00 hrs

normster
NSW, 325 posts
20 Sep 2019 4:54PM
Thumbs Up

Apart from Saratoga on 28th Sept - is there a calendar for LT's and one designs for NSW events.

States are on in December 14/15

any other in NSW ?

AUS817
NSW, 391 posts
20 Sep 2019 10:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
normster said..
Apart from Saratoga on 28th Sept - is there a calendar for LT's and one designs for NSW events.

States are on in December 14/15

any other in NSW ?

Please see below, note there is also a separate series including events outside Sydney.

Hey everyone

NSW Summer Series

There will be a more professional notice soon, but this is early notice you can now register for the NSW Summer Series.

The WCAA Summer Series is back - Bigger and Better.

5 BIG events, 5 TOP locations

Get your road-tripping skills in order and hit the highway to sail in a variety of top locaitons.

Do one or do them all. Great racing and good times assured.

Enter the series or just this round here:

theclubspot.com/regatta/Uc7iGG8Fc0

Heaps of prizes and loads of fun.

Proudly supported by WSS Boards - if you need gear see these guys - www.windsurfnsnow.com.au.

Heat 1 - Saturday 5 Oct 2019 - Palm Beach Sailing Club

Heat 2 - Sunday 10 November 2019 - Toronto Amateur Sailing Club

Heat 3 - Sunday 12 Jan 2020 - Narrabeen Lakes Sailing Club

Heat 4 - Saturday 8 Feb 2020 - Dobroyd Aquatic Centre

Heat 5 - Sunday 22 March 2020 - Hunters Hill Sailing Club

For more infomation see the NOR or contact Al Haynes - windsurferclassnsw@gmail.com

AUS817
NSW, 391 posts
20 Sep 2019 10:34PM
Thumbs Up

Here's more details, sorry some of this is duplicated.

The WCAA NSW - City Summer Windsurfer Series 2019 - 2020

5 Big Events

5 Great Locations

GREAT COMPANY WITH AN OPPORTUNITY TO SAIL WITH THE LARGEST WINDSURFING FLEET IN THE STATE!

It starts early next month, break out your boardies and bikinis! Warm weather is here!

1. 05/10/2019 - PALM BEACH SAILING CLUB - PBSC
- Our newest Sydney club to Windsurfing hosts the season opener!
- Let's make sure our season starts with a big fleet at Pittwater and get some sand between your toes.

2. 10/11/2019 - TORONTO AMATEUR SAILING CLUB - TASC
- Hosts of our recent successful National Championships!
- The club has a growing Windsurfer Fleet and a few local legends demonstrating their dominance in regular racing last season on Original Windsurfers complete with Lonng booms, bare feet and Dacron!
- Welcome the Lake Macquarie new bloods and show them how much fun it is to be part of our series!

3. 12/01/2020 - NARRABEEN LAKES SAILING CLUB - NLSC
- One of our favourite sailing clubs - great hosts - always, remember the fantastic event held there last season?

4. 08/02/2020 - DOBROYD AQUATIC CLUB - DAC
- It's on again at DAC, another favourite, terrific hosts of last seasons State Championships and a round of our summer series! Heaps of parking and close up action for spectators along both shores!

5. 22/03/2020 - HUNTERS HILL SAILING CLUB - HHSC
- Ready to welcome our Windsurfer class with their youth fleet and a love of windsurfing.
- They have made some big improvements to the club and we will really out amongst it on Sydney Harbour!

Scoring system to be announced soon!

Recognition will be given for participation at all events, also for volunteering to assist organising committee at events both at your home club and elsewhere.

However, we are also going to be generous with drops allowed in case you can't make it to an event!

You must be a member of the Windsurfer Class Association with Current AWA insurance. Join now ($65 with AWA Insurance) and get a free members pack including a Windsurfer Keyring!

Adult Entry for the Series will be very reasonable at $110 and $100 for an additional sibling or spouse.

Youth Entry for the series will be $80 for the first and $70 per additional sibling.

Adult Entry for individual events will be $30 x 5 = $150

Youth entry for individual events will be $25 x 5 = $125

We have worked hard and in collaboration with other classes (where possible) to mostly avoid clashes - so there (should be) no reason why you can't come to our series and enjoy the one and only Windsurfer Longboard experience.

Windsurfer Original
Windsurfer One Design
Windsurfer LT

It doesn't matter which one...

Just,

Get on board!

REGISTRATION OPENS VERY SOON...

www.windsurferclassaus.com

For more info:
Contact Al Haynes on 0438336495 or windsurferclassnsw@gmail.com
Or Peter Doolan on 0468300299 or petermdoolan@gmail.com

***************************************************************************************
NEWSFLASH NEWSFLASH NEWSFLASH NEWSFLASH NEWSFLASH
---------------------------------------
Breaking News!

We will also have an entirely new event series on our calendar this season - open to all Course racing classes with some great new venues.

A new sponsor is on board and one hell of a trophy for the series winner!
Don't worry, point scores will be calculated in individual windsurfer classes so a Wally may we'll beat a foiler or Raceboard in series points so anyone can win if you participate and are willing to travel!

Bringing windsurfers together in the spirit of we all love windsurfing - share the love!

Discounts will be offered on entry fees for this additional Series for those who also enter our City Summer Windsurfer Series

There will be some Slalom racing, Learn to Windsurf and course racing at these events...

Exotic locales such as Illawarra, Port Stephens, Lake Macquarie to name a few...

More news on this very soon...

Cheers everyone, welcome to the season and don't forget to register with the Windsurfer Class Association for your membership and complimentary member kit.

Some great things are coming soon

normster
NSW, 325 posts
21 Sep 2019 8:47AM
Thumbs Up

Wow that was quick - fantastic, great stuff

albymongrel
NSW, 257 posts
29 Sep 2019 8:30AM
Thumbs Up

Round 1 of WNSW RACEBOARD SERIES WITH WINDSURFERS INVITED TO JOIN THE FUN
Saratoga Sailing Club yesterday. We had a great days sailing in sunshine and a good breeze building to close to 25 knots at times.

Honestly this is a terrific venue heaps of open spaces friendly club committee and canteen ladies, camping onsite and great views of the racing from the huge club deck!

If you haven't been before, I recommend you check it out

Lyndon Bauer is there with a huge collection of windsurfing history and he has plenty of stories after his epic windsurfing round the Whitsundays.

TODAY WE NEED LT SAILIRS TO COME OUT OF HIBERNATION!

Yesterday... 18 raceboarders.... Two LT SAILORS only

Today I won't make it, so Jorn Kronke will be our class' sole representative! Go on lend him some support and get your toes wet

NSW, 76 posts
2 Oct 2019 8:19AM
Thumbs Up

Heat 1 of the NSW City Summer Series this Saturday 5 October.

Charter Boards now available for Palm Beach.

6 entries so far for our summer series.

Based on last year, we are expecting at least 20 entries.

Great news charter boards available at $25 for the day, contact Al Haynes Mob 0438 336 495 the primary contact for the boards.

Palm Beach sailing club is also providing a post race BBQ.

Feel free to contact me for info or assistance if you can't catch Al.

Peter Doolan
Mob 0468 300 299

AUS817
NSW, 391 posts
5 Oct 2019 10:17PM
Thumbs Up

Great kick off to the Windsurfer Class Summer Series today.

20 boards on the water at Palm Beach Sailing Club.

Looking forward to the next heat at Toronto in November.

NSW, 76 posts
8 Nov 2019 7:37AM
Thumbs Up

Hey notice the great wind forecast for Sunday.

pierrec45
NSW, 2005 posts
26 Nov 2019 8:10PM
Thumbs Up

G'day.
I would like to have access to an LT in the Sydney area for 1-2 hours - special use, fun guaranteed.
Am around next couple of weeks for this, PM me.
Al Haynes as my referral..
Pc.

NSW, 76 posts
13 Dec 2019 10:48AM
Thumbs Up

NSW State Titles this weekend.

it is going to be big, 44 entries so far.

This is the link to register.
www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Ftheclubspot.com%2Fregatta%2FkSbhSNSMc6&sa=D&ust=1576626063333000&usg=AFQjCNHzN07PoqNowssQ28KBPBUkCImWxA

For further information contact Peter Doolan, 0468 300 299, petermdoolan@gmail.com and Al Haynes, 0428 336 495, alhaynes@me.com

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing   New South Wales

"Windsurfer LT / One Design and Original Windsurfer NSW" started by 327585